1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers response to Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

James didn't defend himself with his play. Austin trying to make an excuse would just be more coddling

JW86, TMac'n, cheke64 and 2 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stephen Jackson is such a horrible “analyst”...saw a clip where he was on 1 of these shows and someone asked him how GS was able to beat Dallas back in the 07 playoffs and his response was “we just wanted it more”...that’s the type of nonsense I expect from him

rgw20014life, Deuce, topfive and 5 others like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea definitely frustrating when the guy that’s starting over you at pg played like ass the first 5 games only to show up in game 6

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is it right here. Austin didn't defend Harden when Jackson said he didn't see the hunger to win.. So people start to assume he agrees with what Jackson said. Even though I also didn't see that will to win in Harden, I f-cking hate Stephen Jackson. Fact that he grew up in Houston adjacent Port Arthur makes it even worse.

I also hope Rockets can retain Austin's services.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's ok if he thinks James could have done things differently. I don't think he thinks that. But it's fine for individuals to disagree as long as they all execute the game plan when it's game time.

What's important is that he did the right thing and didn't talk about it in public. Yes he could have gone an extra step and defended Harden here, but I guess he recognized he's not going to make any useful points with a few seconds remaining sitting between 2 haters.

HP3, TimDuncanDonaut and DreamShook like this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm sure hunger would have stopped us from curry draymond PnR. They scored like 18 points in 10 possessions doing the same play in a row

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Jackson being his usual horsebutt self.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm glad you recognized Rachel as a hater. I don't care how thicc some think she is. She is thicc in Rockets hate.

rgw20014life, amaru and Rasheed like this.
  9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I've been saying the same about Harden's performance game 6 & game 5 (which was even more pathetic). The problem is Harden has fans on this site that want him here even if he continues quitting in postseason games. Their answer is "we need another star & playmaker to create next James". But if Harden keeps taking himself outta the play when the ball isn't in his hands, then wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

10. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I don't know what he was thinking, but I can tell you that a few of the players were down on how the offense is ran when James has the ball, especially in the playoffs. James and Paul did have a few words after the game about it, as we all know, and players do agree with Paul.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Harden played well and he was grinding in the end. He hit a ****ing tough 3 and a layup on draymond I recall off the top of my head. But whatever he did, it wasn’t enough and people will judge him and the rockets for it because they should be in the finals right now. Super frustrating for me as a fan and I can understand that Austin can’t even think about it or react well when asked about it.

That said **** Stephen Jackson overrated POS you ain’t **** bro

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

"Quit" is way too strong a word for what Harden does in winning time. I partially agree with what you are saying, but Harden is not a quitter; it's just he does strange things at the worst times.

Hard_foul likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I thought that skit overall was not that great , but this moment along with the sounds were pretty funny

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

She's my kinda thicc.

But a Harden hater for sure.

onreego likes this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Imran Khan a great Cricketer said " Whoever handles the pressure either rises or falls" When he won the World Cup in 1992. His whole team was ready to play, executed the game plan, Younger players stepped up in Wasim Akram, Inzimam Ul Haq.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

4th quarter of game 5 is the same,

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden wants a Lifestyle of Slutty Women, Strip Clubs, Partying, Alcohol, Hoka Bars. James Harden has hangovers during games. James goes to a club, Parties after getting eliminated by the Spurs. This is his life. Only purpose in life. Sadly.

No Killer Instinct on Offense late in games, never rises to the occasion in elimination games.
    Hover defender, late in the 4th especially.

The most Passive Great player ever probably. I have never seen anything like James Harden since Tracy McGrady choking against the Jazz in the Playoffs.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. tc0330

tc0330 Member

so big question....did harden just give up in our key moments in game 6 or did he get burnt out like last year? i honestly got no idea now... makes you wonder if the team stays healthy next year and harden shuts down again when it matters most, isnt harden really the problem then?

i just keep comparing our star to kawhi. like i/we know now a single star can carry a team to the finals. so why not harden? this literally the most frustrating team im a fan of.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They all do until he wilts under pressure.

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Austin kept it real. We failed hard