1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Uniforms for the rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 5, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Completely agree with this take.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

On this new *Secondary Logo*....not surprised the Rockets went with
    1) a roundel design which seems to be a theme theses days with NBA teams logos.
    2) And black accents for their secondary logo change. (Away from *HR*).

The *R* logo was never gonna change.

Regarding the *black* in the Rockets secondary logo.... It is CLEAR as day that Tilman loves black. He wears black. The black jersey remain. All of last year's marketing was black and neon red. Fast and flashy like a sports car.

Like a number of people on here are suspecting, I suspect the Rockets Red Earned jersey to be a good indication of what we will see on the new White and Red jerseys. The bigger Houston Font. The Black jerseys remain. And the 4th jersey? Perhaps THIS ONE will be a Red/Gold variant.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You literally could describe the Rockets 80's logo the same way if one takes off the nostalgia glasses. I mean, that logo wordmark says "ROCKetS." A mix of capitals and lowercase. What?

topfive likes this.
  5. blazinhtown

blazinhtown Member

Dude, you were right on with what you thought they should do to the logo! Hook me up with lotto numbers when you get a chance! LMAO

6. Ketchup&Mustard

Amen.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If you simply google "Houston Rockets Logo Design", then go to the images page, you get a lot of folks that have tried their hand at it mixed with their actual logo. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=houston+rockets+logo+design&source=lnms&tbm=isch&

Most of the random folks designs are better or meaningfully better than what they currently have. None might be amazingly awesome and iconic and having everyone agree immediately it is the design for eternity. But 99% of them are a step up or major step up.

8. LG1200

LG1200 Member

read somewhere that new logos are REQUIRED by the league to include a basketball somewhere in it

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Couldn't agree more. There's no need for any black in our color scheme. Red, yellow, white. No other team in the league has it. A bunch of teams have black now.

I can't help but feel like any jersey we have will be ruined with our horrible ad. I'm surprised more people aren't put off by them.

Duke Fan likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Disagree, most of those are not better. They are just different.

If one hates the *R* logo, then anything different will be better in one's eyes.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This would not surprise me. Roundels have been huge. @tigereye you know if this is a requirement?

tigereye likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’m hoping that this is the template they’re gonna go with except changing the yellow to silver. At least that’s somewhat of a compromise.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Hahaha this new logo looks like it was designed in 2003. They saw it in the records and lazily said just go with that. Go look at a full NBA logo list of the early 2k and it fits right in haha. Ugh. Now I’m expecting boring dull grey dominating our new uniforms too. It’s the ****ing Spurs color. Don’t know why anyone would want that color in our color scheme.

tmoney1101 and macho GRANDE like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As long as the font is not written

HOUStOn
    or
    ROCKetS

Either Houston or HOUSTON
    Either Rockets or ROCKETS

Not this sloppy ass upper and lower case stuff.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Disagree with disagree :)

I hate the R logo, but doesn't mean I'll take anything.

tmoney1101 and Deuce like this.
  16. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

How on earth did they **** this up?

17. SuraGotMadHops

Only thing worse than that "new" logo is the Sonic the Hedgehog movie design. Smh

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fair enough. That's the thing about *art* everyone appreciates things their own way.

I don't hate the R logo. I don't fawn over it either. But I appreciate the attempt at an *iconic* design in the same veins as the NY yankees logo.

There is a lot of nostalgia for the Rockets 80's logo. Taking the nostalgia away, it is bland AF. And the wordmark is a childish mix of uppercase, lowercase letters. My two cents

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree that most are not better. I also wouldn't want to change just to change.

I just think they can do better.

Ultimately though I don't care as long as they clean up the uniforms a little more and clean up the court for tv purposes.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fair points.