1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My racist Houston logo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jun 3, 2019.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Review food as well as Jeff.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

It became a Country in 1836...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texas

3. bobrek

justtxyank and bobloblaw like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You don't get to choose what is offensive to someone. The "year" was explained when the team announced the name. Remember, Soccer fans of Mexican decent being courted to support a MLS team moving to a new city (MLS was not what it is today). You don't take a chance at alienating your fan base. Imagine if the Texans were the "Rebels" with a confederate flag-themed logo. Some would say "no big deal" stop being sensitive. Others, well...........

5. Nook

Nook Member

There isn’t any rebellious about the Texans.

They should have been named the Houston “Meh”... that fits a lot better.

Bandwagoner, Invisible Fan and arkoe like this.
  6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Because hispanic == mexican, obviously.

:rolleyes:

And what do you mean by "our hispanic community"? Didn't realize we owned a hispanic community.

7. omgTHEpotential

I don't know if it's racist (nor do I care) but It's a well executed design. I would be happy to have something like this in my logo portfolio.

justtxyank and Nook like this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Coherence?

justtxyank likes this.
  9. bobrek

I tried figuring out what would have triggered him to post this. After all, His original suggestion for the Texans would have occurred 20 or so years ago. The Dynamo stuff happens about 10 years ago.must have been a bar discussion.

By the way, when the ‘Got Milk’ campaign was still going on, I sent the Twins a marketing campaign - ‘Got Wins? Go Twins’ with a graphic moving the T. So, when they finally use that, I still have the original email.

And I suggested the Minnesota 1858 when they got their soccer team. I was laughed out of Minnesota and eventually forced to move to Florida to avoid further humiliation.

And don’t even get me started on the Vikings. In honor of Super Bowl LII held in Minnesota and the use of Roman numerals, I suggested they do a one year change form the VIkings to the LIIkings.

justtxyank and Nook like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He means in terms of the community of the city. If you live in Houston you are part of a community or is this one of those corny "all lives matter" deflections?

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The latter. People love to get butt hurt for no damn reason. They need to go walk by a pond and then stare into it. That, or just go buy a ****ing mirror.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm sober, what is this?

Nook likes this.
  13. bobrek

Clearly not a food review

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's this rad out of the box thinking that youngins can't hold onto with their blurry little cellular phones.

I still carry a brick cellular phone chained to my belt (patent pending).

That adds character and definition!

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

OP thinks we will all take his word for this and be jealous of his orginality.

In reality, 1836 is a terrible team name and would have been even worse as our NFL team name if OP had had his way.

16. conquistador#11

Texas wouldn't be Texas without the Tejanos and in the end they were treated no better than Santa Anna . They had their lands taken and sold to Yankee settlers.
    Take Juan Seguin for example, a leader in the Texas' army who fought the Mexican Army only to be back stabbed and accused of aiding the Mexican Army in the following years, because he wouldn't bend the knee to the greedy coming to "settle" in Texas.

So not only would you be eliminating the Mexicans but also the Tex Mex compadres who together make up a big community that love all Houston sports.

I think Oliver Luck's niece just wanted Roscoe's alpha ****. Oliver is one of the main reasons we get national teams from all over the concacaf and South America to play their matches @ Reliant. People in the Sports authority world know their municipal stats.

It's for that same reason that you'll see the USA National Team play a qualifying match in the wherethefville, USA instead of playing in HTX,LA,Chicago,NYC etc etc
    The strangest one was when the U.S played Honduras in the town Big Love was set in, Sandy, Utah. I didn't think it was real place.
    How can they be so judgemental of Barbara. She kept that family going.
    RIP Bill.

jo mama likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

...which was the style at the time

leroy and KingCheetah like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Fatty lives in the past a lot.

At some point he started acting old and only talks about the good ole days and makes cultural references that are 25 years old.

He really isn’t that old so I’m not sure why he has decided he is 65 years old.

arkoe, justtxyank and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I get to choose with perspective and reason why some things are offensive or not. Any Mexican-American that is offended by Texas independence and our desire to celebrate it has their own issues and there's no comparison between the Confederacy and Texas independence. That's absurd.

#40 CometsWin, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019