1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for LeBron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, May 29, 2019.

?

King for the Beard?

1. Yes

25.2%
  2. No

74.8%
  1. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

lol explain to me how he was worse last season...

2. Texanstradamus

The way harden shrinks in big moments sure only problem lebron don’t really go hard until the playoffs while harden goes hard in the regular season then do the complete opposite

3. Texanstradamus

Yes

4. Texanstradamus

Is this a joke lol I’m pretty sure he can do that at an efficient clip still

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol kd might be done for his career...
    even if healthy niether kd nor kawhi are not even on hardens level....

6. TimDuncanDonaut

No to LeBron.
    No to the posse that comes with him
    No to the media circus.

I don't care where he is just don't come here.

#86 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Lebron and then some...

Need someone to carry us thru the regular season.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I only voted yes to see all the drama unfold. We all know wherever Lebron goes, drama follows.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I was thinking of this the other day and as crazy as it sounds might be the best move for both Rockets and Lakers:

1. Roster Optimization
    Rockets' best players are all guards that's just redundant. If we got Lebron we can have a starting 5 of Capela, Tucker, Lebron, EG, Cp3. That's a more balanced roster. Keep Rivers and House and vet mins as the bench and you are set to compete for the next 3 years. People are getting way to down on the King SMH you realize Lakers had a top 4 record before his groin injury right? Lebron is still a superstar and he will step up in important games like he has done in his 16 yr career.

2. Age Matching
    Lebron isn't the best player in the world anymore but if he was he wouldn't be available like he is now. His age is exactly the same as Cp3 which means in 3 years when their contracts are up we can blow it all up and start tanking for the Zion prospect in year 2022. We won't be stuck in no man's land like we are now with a superstar in a his prime and our 2nd banana on the way down.

3. Lebron>Harden in the Playoffs
    Sorry but as old as Lebron is he has proved himself to be a beast in the playoffs whereas Harden is still figuring it all out at the age of 30.

4. Drama Free
    Lebron doesn't need to bring his posse in the roster, Cp3 is already his posse lol. Lebron also has a habit of leaving his previous team in shambles when he leaves but to be honest if our roster is old like it is now that's exactly what we want, we want a clean slate and a horrible record so we can tank and get high picks.

5. If it all goes wrong, Morey and MDA Haters would be in heaven
    We all know Lebron is the supreme coach and GM killer, so everyone who wanted DM and MDA fired would be happy to know just in case it all flops, the Rox are finally gonna have a new GM and coach in charge.

Of course no need to mention the Lakers side they do this in a heartbeat. The question is, will the Rox? I'm not sure myself but if I'm Morey and Tillman I'd think long and hard about it.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

When they were the 4 seed they weren’t even on pace for 50 wins.

They would have been a 7th seed at best.

That ohh they were the 4th seed before he got hurt is super misleading.

The west was really strange and tight for the first 40 games.

I’m not even sure the lakers make the playoffs even if Lebron doesn’t get hurt. Once teams in the west started playing as they should even with Lebron the lakers were getting smacked around.

I like Lebron and it does make some since to trade harden for him because of how old our roster is.

But you can bet that the lakers with harden would be better than the Rockets in 1 year or sooner because the lakers have cap space and they would def be able to get a real superstar in his prime next to harden quick and then boom harden is leading the lakers to the finals I’m sure.

Lebron cp3 and the gang ain’t getting it done imo. They would be a good team but not good enough to win a championship in the west against the warriors or maybe even Denver let alone trying to take down Toronto And the bucks moving forward if they somehow got to the finals.

If you trade harden to the lakers AD is def signing there next offseason.

Plus they would still have a few of there young guys.

That team would be the best team in the west imo.

I’m not interested in making the lakers next title team.

lilbird20 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Lets set aside whos better, not to mention ages. Do we not have any loyalty to the guy who has been the face of our franchise.

jcf likes this.
  12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Well the Dream was nearly traded, accused of faking an injury, and ultimately forced to retired in Canada.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Does that make it right? Nah, of course not. Call me naive but this is straight up wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

The point is to compete and then exit from the era gracefully and rebuild. As it is right now we are stuck in no mans land and in 4 years when Cp3 is washed we have an aging Harden and 0 assets. Who cares about the Lakers? I only care about the Rox the rest of the team can go suck a dick for all I care. Harden isnt a spring chicken himself he is 30 yrs old already by the time Bron and Cp3 are washed Harden is gonna be where Co3 is now you think that level's gonna win a ring? And even if they do so what? The Rox would be in rebuilding mode by then we only care about lotto picks.

Lebron has a history of beating KD-less Warriors, Rockets have a history of losing to the Warriors, its really that simple.

Lebron at his worst - 27.4 pts 8.5 rebs 8.3 asst 58.8 TS%
    Harden at his best - 36.1 pts 6.6 rebs 7.4 ast 61.6 TS%

We can all agree Lakers roster is way worse than the Rox but Lebron at his worst season ever still had comparable stats, better efficiency and more assists than Harden. Its not that big of a dropoff and in the playoffs I put my money on 35 yr old Lebron over 31 yr old Harden.

TMAC3 likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Not even sure that rockets will make the playoffs tucker lebron cp3 and ego will miss a combined 20 games at least. And unlike harden, lebron cant carry the rockets thru the reg season without cp3

16. Texanstradamus

Lmaooooooooooooo geez delusional

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Butler wants to play with LeBron

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

If they miss the playoffs then its a blessing Lakers have the 3rd pick despite missing the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.

In the NBA you either want to be really good or really bad. Harden has been carrying the team through thick and thin but at the end of the playoffs if we have nothing to show for it we might as well have missed the playoffs and gotten a lotto pick.

If the team has injuries ok get a lotto try again next year. But if everyone is healthy then they really might beat GSW which they have not done so far.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So if neither outcome brings a title I’d rather have the guy who’s stuck with franchise for 7 years and retire here.

Pretty simple harden is a Houston rockets legend basically if we get no rings with either and harden is old when cp3 contract is up we still suck and get lotto picks and we keep the guy who’s given us the best Rockets basketball outside of Dream.

And imo harden would have done more with that lakers roster than Lebron did.

Still gets pick and roll lobs with javale and he has a bunch of wing players who can handle the ball. Plus rondo can run the second team when harden is on the bench.

Harden leads that team to 50+ wins easy.

Ur acting like harden didn’t put up a 50
    Win pace for 30 games when he was playing with house tucker rivers and faried as his starters.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

You wont get lotto picks with old Harden you'll get 8th seed and get swept by the next Western threat. If we stick with Harden then Rox wont let the old team break down we'll keep patching and repairing the hole on the ship like when they traded Scruberson for Chriss and Knight. Before you know it Harden is about to sign with a contender and the Rox are stuck with 0 cap flexibility and no picķs to show for it.

I'm not acting like Harden didnt win 50 games I'm acting like I dont care. You don't get a banner and a ring from regular season wins. As for Lakers roster yeah def Harden would have lead the Lakers to 50 wins, I mean Rondo, Javale, Ball and Beasley are all proven shooters and very professional vets. Oh wait...lmao! Who on that team is better than EG and Tucker? Apart from Lebron Kuzma the only player I take to add to the Rox roster.

bmelo likes this.