1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela: Possible trade destinations!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

bilaal14, Highlyrated, dcfma and 2 others like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Granted, it’s all “what if”....ANyway, I was less enthused by the idea of Dallas as a trade partner. I remember the bad old days when the Mavs were good, and they’re not far away from returning.

I don’t know if Atlanta needs Capela, but sure, if they feel the need to fork over the #10 pick in the draft.........

dkim1984, lw17, PhiSlamma15 and 4 others like this.
  3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah I mean they have some free agents at the center position. They could probably use his production. I doubt the Rockets trade Capela within the division, possibly not even the West. Would much prefer him going to the East. If the Lakers want to give us Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, etc for Capela I’m cool with that too. As long as we get someone to take his place like DeAndre Jordan or something, that is.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If we get a top 10 pick and sign DeAndre Jordan. That doesn't sound too bad at all.

bilaal14, LUK3, chadyang and 4 others like this.
  5. nemac

nemac Member

On paper, until gsw do hack a Jordan and iso him on the perimeter.

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Interesting to me

Morey then offer 10th pick to pelicans for kuzma, in Davis deal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We are not trading a prime asset like Capella. Cp3 is the only piece we need to move. People act like one poor end to a season is a reason to trade a player who has shown an overall growth projection. Dude is too young to have hit a cieling.

8. basketballholic

This is like the 4th or 5th "trade Capela he sucks" threads started since our season ended. Not to mention the umpteen hundred posts talking about trading him. But. ...... where is @Sweet Lou 4 2, @topfive, @Inchan, @heypartner, and all the other bozos who kept telling me how wrong i was about him and our teams chances of beating Golden State and how we had more than enough to take them down and how PERFECT Capela is for our team?

Day after day I read their ill-conceived, illogical, irrational, baseless, factless, proofless, useless, insulting responses to my posts expounding to me how stupid I am for my thoughts concerning the FACT that we needed to trade Capela in order to win a championship.

And yet, here we sit, without a championship, 2 1/2 years after I started telling this board we needed to trade Capela, and fading all the heat from all these clowns for saying it. Only now not only do we still need to trade Capela But we HAVE TO trade Capela to stay relevant.

All those cats have went crawling into the shadows like cockroaches when the light switch is flipped. The group that falsely accuses me of never admitting when I'm wrong. When are they going to admit they were wrong?

I don't want any apologies or attaboys. After all the bullcrap you threw out there concerning this issue, the simplest thing to do is admit you were wrong. Just admit you were wrong guys. And then let's have solid discussion about the future of this team.... after Capela. K?

9. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yea but if you make 1000 predictions, some will inevitably be right. Not to mention you seem like an intelligent fan. You can't die on Mitt Romney Hill only to live on Mount Capela.

I just wouldn't waste the post crowing about how smart you are.

BigggReddd, Rashmon, jboslett and 7 others like this.
  11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmfao, holic wants other people to admit they are wrong. The hypocrisy is nearly unbearable.

All because the rockets didn’t win a championship. LOL. Did Thon Maker win a championship this year buddy?

12. basketballholic

In 2-6 years I'll be able to post as @jopatmc again when the 2012 election is proven illegitimate. It's coming. (There's another prediction.)

And i will post as @jopatmc again when that happens. Maybe once just to say I told you so. And then I'll resume basketballholic. Because i like that name better anyways.

I'm very happy with my prediction record. And I've got plenty of history to check out. I do know NBA basketball way better than most.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. basketballholic

I didn't predict Thon would win a championship kiddo.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I dont know about all that stuff before...

I hate to say it, but unless Morey is getting equal or higher value for Capela, he might not be moving him.

A lot of whats wrong with CC is the lack of veteran guidance and real coaching. He plays playoff games like he is playing a team scrimmage. He doesnt box out, or fight for rebounds. Only time I see passion or effort is when he is celebrating after finally dunking it. These are issues that can be corrected with proper coaching.

I wouldn't get too fixated on moving Capela.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You clearly haven't read anything I've written - I've actually have stated trading Capela might be a good option.

Just not for Thon Maker! That's why you get ridiculed. That's where you are seen as not knowing anything. Capela has played well against the warriors and has been effective just not against Green - and that's where you have failed in your prior analysis. The reason Capela is struggling is because Green has taken away the lob by making it hard for the guard to know which way Green is going to defend.

Capela was still very effective when Green sat. Being "right" about Capela for the wrong reason doesn't make you deserving of other credit.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No. Ricky Rubio did.

IBTL likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

None of the EC or WC finalists gave meaningful minutes to a C who can't take a 3 but you constantly hear about how we should get DeAndre. It's very strange. We don't have cap space to piss away.

You can get away with a non-anchor but you can't get away with a C who can't shoot anymore. I know it sucks for the nostalgic types. All contenders will do to Jordan and Capela what the Warriors did with us. We can't continue without a C who can hit the 3.

If the Hawks are willing to give us Taurean Prince and Dedmon re-signed to a reasonable contract (say 38/4 on a declining scale) for Capela and a protected 1st, it would be an excellent deal + it would unlock the full MLE ($9.1m) for us.

Gives us:

Dedmon/Hart
    Tucker/Clark
    Prince/House
    Harden
    Paul/Gordon

With a $9.1m MLE left to spend.

Not to mention we have a package of Gordon, Prince and a couple of future picks to offer any stars that might become available in trade.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Jared Uthoff
    Thon Maker
    Ricky Rubio........

Awwww nevermind

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’m sad I missed the Jared Uthoff hype train