1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa out 4-6 weeks with cracked rib

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. SuraGotMadHops

This is Sammy Sosa sneeze level absurdity right here. Do we really believe this is what happened? I think Daniella went Xenia Onatopp mode on poor Carlos.

gatsby, pantherheat32, lw17 and 4 others like this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You guys are thinking massage like he’s got a girl over there with incense and candles. That’s not what’s happening. It is entirely possible he’s making it up but we’ll see.

lw17 likes this.
  3. Major

Major Member

Most interesting thing from this:

Diaz' return will be welcomed, though when it will be is unclear. He is eligible to return off the IL on June 5. Both he and Springer ran on the field Wednesday.

Springer is already running? I was under the impression that was a longer-term injury.

4. HTown2017Champs

Obviously we can't rush him back too soon, but this is the biggest development by far, and the one I'm most excited about. Now, he's still a ways off from returning, but this gives me hope that the injury isn't as bad as initially thought. Prayers for George, hope for a full and quick recovery, and that he jumps right back into MVP-form when he comes back.

everyday eddie and Marteen like this.
  5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Springer being out is only a big deal because of how well he was playing. The depth they have in the outfield is ridiculous so absorbing his absence is a non-issue. Marisnick is playing like an MVP. Brantley and Reddick are having good years. Kemp has been a solid 4th OF. Fisher, Tucker, and Alvarez all are mlb-ready and have huge upside. Straw is also a good big league ready prospect, as is Drew Ferguson. I suspect they’ll be extremely cautious with Springer and he will probably come back several weeks after he’s ready.

Correa and Altuve are much bigger concerns because of the long term implications, but the problem is compounded by the lack of infield depth in the minors, by Diaz being hurt, and by the fact that White and Gurriel are not producing. Unfortunately they need to also be cautious with those 2 because of how much they have invested in them over the next 3-5 years and because of the type of injuries they’ve sustained. I suspect they’ll try to get Diaz back ASAP and hope one of their other fringy infielders (White, Gurriel, Mayfield, Kemp) gets hot to fill in the gaps. If a similar situation comes up in August or September I bet we will see Josh Rojas or Abraham Toro.

Gray_Jay, whiskeyred and Wulaw Horn like this.
  6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Some people are just really bad liars. Not saying this is 100% the case but assuming Correa knows what he’s not allowed or shouldn’t be doing, could be a case of just making whatever he could up. Athletes, especially young ones, don’t tend to be the brightest ones out there.

Major likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

I remember her saying in a old video that she was the "dominant" one. Im thinking domintrix? Mistress Daniela?

[​IMG]

8. Buck Turgidson

Ask Steve Sparks about stupid injuries. Or Clint Barmes. Trying to think of other Astros, not counting Cammy falling out of a deer blind drunk.

I'm just glad Correa doesn't own a treadmill or a monster truck.

Broken ribs ****ing suck. Big time.

Last ones I did, I knew I had bruised the hell out of them, but thought I was ok. 5 days later I sneezed and felt them snap.

9. Major

Major Member

10. Buck Turgidson

Broken ribs ****ing suck. Big time.

Last ones I did, I knew I had bruised the hell out of them, but thought I was ok. 5 days later I sneezed and felt them snap. Couldn't walk, had to call my dad to come out to the ranch and take me to the hospital
    How the hell did I forget that?!?

[​IMG]

#170 Buck Turgidson, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    lw17 likes this.
  11. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

That’s exactly how I cracked a rib. Got elbowed going to the rim and a few days later a sneeze finished the job. Crazy.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

damn guess i called that one before his sorry excuse went public

13. Buck Turgidson

I got headbutted by a 2000lb bull. Not recommended, zero fun.

14. jcee15

What’d u do? tap his nuts?

15. Buck Turgidson

No, that makes 'em kick you, shin to knee level. You don't want that either.

He just got overly friendly in the pens. Announced his presence with authority.

16. jcee15

Lol

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

yeah broken ribs suck because there is not really any treatment... When I broke my ribs they shot me up with demerol and sent me home with some hydro scrips. Sleeping was the worst part since there was no way to get comfortable and being a tosser and turner didn't help. It's good that ribs heal rather quickly.

18. Buck Turgidson

You know Boggs was shitfaced drunk....

In a hotel in Toronto on June 9, 1986, Boggs tried to use his foot to pry off the cowboy boot from his other foot, only to have things go rather badly. Instead of losing his boot, he lost his balance and fell ribcage-first into the arm of a couch. Ooph. And just like that, the world-class hitter looked like a Keystone Cop. It would be purely funny, except Boggs felt like he could barely breathe after hitting the couch. He bruised his ribs badly and could barely take a deep breath.''

He could only pinch hit in the next game (where he drew a walk). After playing all the next three games (with only two hits), Boggs had to leave a game early on June 15 because his ribs weren’t getting better. By this time, his average was down to .380, and he wound up missing six games. When Boggs finally came back, he wasn’t quite the same and ended the year with a .357 mark, nowhere near .400, but still enough to lead the league.

jcee15 likes this.
  19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Moises Alou falling off his treadmill.

20. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

As a chiropractor, I’d be willing to bet the massage therapist attempted to “adjust” him and broke a rib. I’ve seen a ton of patients that were hurt by massage therapists that were doing something they have no training in.