1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

Did he have trouble fitting with him in 2018? Or is it because we're paying him 40m and he can't seem to gain a step on his defender anymore and his shot seems to have left him?

I'm on the fence about paul cause i think he can still help us but why are people using it as an indictment on Harden when everyone seems to want Paul gone anyways?

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, but...

One of those guys was Dwight Howard, who literally everyone who's ever played with him has had problems with.

The other was Chris Paul, who is acknowledged by many as being a very prickly teammate.

The first one doesn't concern me at all, but the second one does a bit. Still, I think I'd put that on MDA more than Harden, since it's the coach's job to devise a system that works while keeping any star players on the team happy.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

trade could be agreed to in principle and then consummated later...Suns could select who the Rockets want with the 6th pick

doesn’t matter tho, I can’t even imagine a team giving up a good lottery pick for CP0...there are some dumb front offices, but my goodness, that would be extremely stupid

mikol13, snowconeman22 and tc0330 like this.
  4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Nice observation. MDA could also be hindering the potential of the CP3/Harden combo...still, with age and durability being considered, CP3 is a 40 mil a year liability.

topfive likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean it is on harden also because he's the one who wanted cp3 here in the first place. lets not forget that.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

well....they did take ryan anderson from us sooo who knows lmao

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is my fear, and that's why i kinda hope Chris is ok with being moved eventually.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

You aren't going to receive value from another team taking on Paul's contract. You will get an overpaid player in return and probably some expiring contracts.

J.R. likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

@Reeko, you see some of these demands/proposals? :D

I want Kuzma. I want Ingram. I want Ball. I want the 4th pick. I want the 6th pick. I want Beal. I want this good player. I want that good player.
    For a $40M declining Chris Paul.
    :D

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think the Rockets might take a PR hit with a CP0 trade initially, but if they come out better after making the deal, then no one will care a few months from now

people were talking about how Toronto did Demar dirty and Demar was out here acting like a scorned lover after the trade...by middle of the season nobody gave a fck

Rockets need to do what’s best for them...people will understand if the Rockets don’t want to just eat the remaining years left on CP0’s deal...if CP was actually still a superstar and actually close to being worth his deal and we were trying to get rid of him then it would be a different story

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

and you'll definitely be worse. I mean if that's what guys are ok with just because they don't want to see a certain dollar amount then I guess to each its own

snowconeman22 and justtxyank like this.
  14. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

Sure and he had a great 2018 season, it was risky but everyone is desperate for a chip. Who else could we have gotten that would've been a difference maker of Paul's caliber?

We went all in and it hasn't worked out. Paul's sudden decline in only his 2nd year is not completely surprising but its a risk we took.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

true, but it was for another sh*tty contract in Knight and Chriss

CP0 is so overpaid it’s not even funny...every time I see how much he’s owed the next 3 years my gag reflex kicks in

tc0330 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

my thoughts exactly and it still remains true now to me. that's why i mentioned above the likes of capela/eg are this teams best chance at getting another significant player.

HardenUsedSTEPBACK likes this.
  17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The Suns are just desperate to be relevant, and with CP3 on their roster, they somewhat become relevant again, at least to the national media and their fanbase, even if it doesn't equate to a ton more wins. Whatever young talent they're working with just isn't getting it done, but we could definitely use the shot in the arm of youth and athletes.

#277 forchette49, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Y2JT and tc0330 like this.
  18. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Y
    you’re absolutely crazy if you really believe that. A guy that can’t stay healthy and has no playoff success is better than Harden? Get that out of here.

Y2JT, topfive, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  19. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

someone said wake them up when WOJ says paul may get traded or they wont believe it..

well here you go!!!

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Don't sleep on a potential Kemba S&T with CHA...

CP is from NC and has been with Jordan Brand since '06 + Kemba's window is more in sync with Beard's and he's as sturdy as they come (81, 79, 80, 82 games played the last 4 years).

topfive likes this.