1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Daryl sign this guy please, i actually think he might turn into a good coach too.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

davis is 3.5yrs younger with an extensive injury history and pedigree of not being able to win. no way i trade harden for him straight up

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

interesting scenario there. would they prefer that over a knicks or boston package though?

hypothetically:
    New York: Knox, Smith Jr., Ntilikina + 3rd pick
    Boston: Tatum, Brown, Rozier, 14th, 20th, 22nd, future Memphis first round pick

Rasheed likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

hes saying that because he enjoys this chernobyl disaster. He wouldnt be saying that if Nets do a clearance sale. He would be the cheapest item on the shelf.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

15.6-8.2-4.6

35.8% from 3

8.2-2.6 A/TO ratio

2 steals per game

Can we please stop acting like Chris is done for? He had another injury riddled year, where he was in and out of the lineup. When he returned, Harden was on an all time streak and he let James get his. He is still a very good near all star level player in this league. He isn't a waste of a roster space. If we trade him for salary space and don't sign KD, we are taking a huge step back.

Chris changed his workout regime midway through the year and has changed his diet. I believe he will play atleast 65 games a year for the next two years.

Madmanmetz, hakeem94, xaos and 2 others like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Seems like a long shot

No disrespect towards you for coming up with this . But , I'm not confident in our ability to execute 2 major trades and then bring in a max free agent and another 10 mil level guy .

Plus all it takes is for the max guys to go somewhere else for us to be totally ****ed

If we could get a great package for CP3 ... I'd do it . But I don't think the lakers are going to give us ball/Ingram or their 4 pick for him .... it seems suggested that WE would have to be the ones throwing in picks to help them get AD

In that case we now have a super team in LA , GS , and maybe LAC depending on Kawhi etc .

And we would have harden , no picks , and cap space ? And the only way we have max space is also by dumping Clint for almost nothing .

I would not trade CP3 just to dump his contract . I'd rather ride it out and hope we have a player develop or we get lucky and CP3 turns back the clock in the playoffs .

Now if the lakers are dumb enough to give us ball / Ingram and a 4 pick or just ball and Ingram I'd take that lol . CP3 has more experience than either , but assuming the rockets can keep those guys then I like them to better as early as next season and definitely the season after while CP3 continues to decline .

8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

One is the reigning MVP, and will probably come 2nd this year, meaning he will be winner or runner up 4 years out of 5. The other one has one playoff series win to his name.

I know who I will take.

9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

He's not done. He's just badly overpaid, and a good player rather than the superstar he was ~5 years ago. It's a good thing you like him, because you're stuck with him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just saying that it works under the cap

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not saying "except harden" is a BIG deal...unless there's another leak saying Harden won't be traded this could be a problem. No way is Harden going to like hearing that, even if it's highly unlikely. Or it means he ok'ed it because he's open to leaving. Sounds like drama to me unless it is squashed soon.

Personally i think it should be an option to trade him..kawhi is making him look bad...but Daryl needs to be careful not to waste next year between having too much player turnover and drama. I expect Lebron to ask for CP, but can we leverage that in a deal that inlcudes Kuzma or a 3 team trade?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Why WOULDN'T he be aggressive in all deals improving the team. That's his job.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Last season Tilman's goal was to get out of luxury tax.

This season his goal is to get out of all the player's contracts.

[​IMG]

15. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

If the question is who you want for, say, 2015 to 2019, you're likely right. But that's not the point. And I don't think that's the question Morey is asking himself.

#155 PlayBall, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Depends on how much they're willing to trade but i agree, it's a nice idea, Boston might be out of the race if Irving bolts btw, and the Knicks might have the most assets anyway, maybe if they strikeout too...

#156 Vivi, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

misses 20+ games every year

had his worst season since his rookie year, and will only continue declining from here as he gets older

he’s being paid like a superstar

Morey should be looking to get rid of him, and if he actually manages to get positive value back in return then we are truly blessed

Chamillionaire and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

List of Available 2019 free agents. So if you go the route of clear cap space to sign one free agent, is there one name on this list that fits the bill? Or perhaps a pair of free agents further down the list?

Kevin Durant
    Kawhi Leonard
    Kyrie Irving
    Kemba Walker
    Klay Thompson
    Jimmy Butler
    Tobias Harris
    Khris Middleton
    D'Angelo Russell
    Kristaps Porzingis
    Nikola Vucevic
    Demarcus Cousins
    Malcolm Brogdan
    Al Horford
    Julius Randle
    Bojan Bogdanovic
    Marc Gasol
    Brook Lopez
    Paul Milsap
    J.J. Redick
    Danny Green
    Nikola Mirotic
    DeAndre Jordan

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah, isn't Dudley one of the few guys that actually always speaks well about the Rockets?

hakeem94, Tristan_fiore and LUK3 like this.
  20. Mr Chuck Norris

He’s a better player because we can count on him to play every night.