1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I finally understand why Warriors fans hate Harden so much

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shocky2002, May 18, 2019.

1. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

It's not the flopping. I swear. Every fanbase hates Harden mainly for his flops but certain fanbases hate him more than others. Its also not the fact that they've faced each other 4 times out of 5 years-- Warriors never lost to them so they dont consider it a rivalry-- that's fine.

OKC fans hate him because of the Russ MVP battle.

Jazz fans hate him because they cant beat him.

Warriors fans hate Harden.. because they're jealous that Harden gets to play in a system that is completely built around his ISO game and he gets to put up insane numbers night in night out. They will BASH Kerr for not letting Steph iso. In their minds, Curry should have been the one in the MVP conversation 3 years in a row 2017-19. I SWEAR this is literally the reason they hate him, there are no other explanations. GSW fans will pretend like they dont care about the regular season, BUT IN FACT THEY DO. Because the regular season is so long and they're bored and tired of seeing Harden get headlines every day in and out. Such an insecure fanbase man, they let a guy with no rings and an 0-4 record live rent free in their heads because of something so petty.

#1 shocky2002, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    s3ts, c1utchfan925, ClutchFam and 4 others like this.
  2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Your premise is the equivalent of saying the Bulls fans in the 90s were somehow jealous of Barkley, Malone, and Patrick Ewing even after beating them.

The rockets are a team who’s GM has stated he is obsessed with GSW, and who put out a audit of a game one year later blaming refs.

This fan base tried to write bad reviews of Ayesha Curry’s restaurant before it opened. There are countless woe is us threads about how the rockets are screwed by the refs and the Warriors are the golden boys for Silver. In 2015, this board was certain the warriors would be one hit wonders. Even now, there are people on this board who say they will not watch basketball with the warriors or will root against the warriors no matter what.

I’m sure Warriors fans really care about Harden or the Rockets, or anyone else during the championship parades.

In reality, we all know who’s in who’s head. Your original post screamed of it.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Hmm, a thought provoking post....

I still think the hate comes from them being whiney little whores!! :cool:

naldodiaz, Tfor3, homewight and 3 others like this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tell me something I don't know

When Durant, Thompson, Draymond all leave

Their MVP candidate Curry will be he doesn't have help, he is the MVP.

juanm34 likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden fell out like he was shot after Ron artest last elbowed him in the head back in the days of okc.

It was like when redd got knocked out by deebo on the movie Friday.

I've been elbowed by a person weighing over 300 but I ain't fall out like that for fear of worse happening.

The aloof attitude that he portrays on the court can be annoying. He seems to wish sympathy from rest a of a league which is a character flaw.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Don't forget the throat slash flop... That one is iconic!

7. Major

Major Member

I think it's funny that a Rockets fan thinks Golden State fans care about Harden and has to make up convoluted explanations to justify his or her own insecurities.

8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The aloof and cavalier attitude from harden is not regal nor authentic.

The interview harden almost broke down in tears talking about the media "never recognize on court achievement".

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I deny the premise. Warriors fans have grown to LOVE James Harden

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Teams fans hate us because we're a really great team that has the potential of beating them.

That's all there is to it.

No one hates The Hawks, no one hates Trey Young, because they know they are a bottom 5 team...but if they do become a force people will start to hate them.

Many of these teams hate the Rockets for the same reason we hate the Warriors...because they can't beat us

11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

OP says Curry is jealous of Harden getting all the headlines. According to Clutchfans and Rockets Twitter, all the Harden attention is negative and all the Curry attention is positive. It makes perfect sense for someone with all the positive attention to be jealous of someone with all the negative attention.

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NICE WORK... you may be onto something

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I love this conspiracy theory

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

People was mad when they found out Rick Ross not real gangster, people still mad at 'fraud harden'.

15. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

I doubt Warriors fan really care, but that aside, a very big reason people don't like our team is the goddang awful system.Yes it is effective... but you need to be a Rockets fan to appreciate it as it's usually not fun to watch. It's not "hating" to don't like the slow build up, the lack of input of other players and the eternal free throw flow breaking up the game.

Turn it around; what are the reasons a neutral observer would love these rockets over other teams? The only thing I can think of are the tremendous skill of JH. But as a team there's nothing that makes me jump on top of my seat and go WOOOOO!!!!

We as Rockets fans all want results as we see the greatness of JH (indeed everyone sees it), which makes this system tolerable... but for anyone else it's not entertaining.

smp, Easy and Air Langhi like this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This is....I don't even know what to say about this.

17. rocks123

rocks123 Member

there are a lot of illogical reasons some fans can come up with to hate a player or celeb.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What?

Man it's going to be a loooong offseason.

Smh.

19. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I’m sure the only thing GSW players and fans were thinking about last night after winning was their hatred and jealousy of Harden.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Warriors fans think the way their team plays is the right way to play the game, and the way Harden plays is the opposite of that. That's why they dislike him.

The idea that Warriors fans deep down are obsessive about MVP voting in the regular season and this is why they despise Harden is just projection from Rockets fans.

Ronkol likes this.