1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things You Hate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Apr 12, 2019.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People that don't wash their hands after using the restroom. That's very disgusting and then they touch the door handle. I see it happen in Tomball theater everytime I go there to the point where I want to confront them

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I can assure you, they hardly ever complain.

Xerobull likes this.
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'll add onto the bad driver habits I hate.

Just because you turn on your blinker doesn't mean its a green light to just change lane when the lane isn't even clear.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im pretty sure there are far more people who take advantage of the handicap spot than there are people with your exs situation. Not picking a side here and do truly feel for anybody that has to go through that in life, but there is a valid point to his "b****ing". A lot of people are inconsiderate assholes, no matter which way you flip it.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Bureaucracy may be the thing I hate the most in the world.

You mean...Millennials? They done broke my gay-dar, Bevis.

I'd rather err on the side of kindness. You never know. What I DO know is that morbidly obese people qualify and that's something you can do something about. Sure, it's a looooong road but what do they have to lose? Besides weight? Their virginity?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"In Cold Blood" partially qualifies, and ushered in that entire non-fiction novel type book.

I know few people who truly read fiction. But between fiction and non-fiction? I love the latter when it's well-written (a lot of historians and biographers need to sharpen that prose), but the former can often serve as the latter. I learned a lot of history from books by James Clavell, Herman Wouk, etc.

Oh, yeah, things I hate.

Drivers rolling through stop signs as if it's a suggestion at best.

Drivers so fixated on their god**mn phones that they will continue to live in ignorance of how many people they almost killed because, unless someone honked a horn, and until they cause that accident, they will never see all the scary **** they just pulled.

Horrific grammar and spelling. Can't help it. It's its. The Rocket's lost. Argh.

Smothering insecurity.

Trump.

The Golden State Warriors.

Deckard likes this.
  7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Love your post and very on target. I inhale historical fiction when it’s well done, and the non-fiction that’s written in such wonderful prose that it makes the subject matter live. Drivers and cellphones? Not only are they dangerous using them while driving, they also will sit at a stop sign or a light seemingly oblivious to the people behind them, head tilted down, until someone (like me) honks their horn. Also irritating? Someone behind a jerk like that that won’t sound their horn because they don’t want to be “impolite.” I’ll wait an extra beat to give them the chance to honk first, and then I’ll give those in front of me a short blast. I don’t like doing it, because I’m ordinarily a polite person (as hard as that might be to believe by some around here!). Agree with the other stuff, including one not bolded due to the forum. ;-)

ROXTXIA likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My brother, we are on the same page. I give that head-tilted-down driver a second or so, then a short honk, not much, just enough to wake them up. I also can't stand the "don't-want-to-be-impolite" driver. Especially annoying are the drivers who (Bull Durham) "lolly gag through the light, they lolly gag on their phones, you know what that makes'em? Deckard?" "Lolly-gaggers." "Lollygaggers." They're first at the light, they're face-planted in the smart-phone, they finally see that light turned green (maybe due to that honking horn behind them), and they lolly-gag forward, and the rest of us who were actually not so far behind him/her are stuck at the light when we could have been home free.

I also learned that there are more people who think I'm the problem than the driver(s) I pointed out. Maybe it's a generational thing. I use my phone a lot, too, but not the f*** when I'm driving.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

One second. That's what the front driver gets in the line. If the rest don't follow, they get the horn, long and loud. I see people driving with one hand with their phone in the other. I drove next to a person on 45 today for 10 minutes who held that pose. It's how some people literally drive now. Ready to put their heads into a phone, like bragging about their lunch on Instagram is the most important thing in the world.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Littering. Find a trashcan you inhumane piece of ****. Some people actually do this in their own neighborhood. Ignorance at its finest.

People who ditch groceries in the wrong spot - especially refrigerated items. Somebody's food might expire early because of your ass.

Roc Paint, donkeypunch and Dgn1 like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

**** Yes, Amigo. Thank you.

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member

lots of things.

where do i start?

Ive never really been a lando kinda guy.. but I dont really like the fact he doesnt get enough respek for leaving the cloud city like that

K mf G likes this.
  14. droxford

droxford Member

Toll roads

Insurance companies

K mf G likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

People who abuse animals and children

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Complainers.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Are you doing just that

18. Buck Turgidson

complaining about complainers complaining about complainers

19. smokieethabear

The Golden State Warriors

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Nero

Nero Member

I am sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

I'm certainly not.

And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!