1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers should consider trading Lebron to NO for the #1 pick...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown Stros, May 15, 2019.

?

Would you trade Zion to the Lakers for Lebron and another 1st?

1. Yes - I would do it if I'm the Lakers or the Pelicans

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Yes - I would do it but only if I'm the Lakers

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. Yes - I would do it but only if I'm the Pelicans

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. No - I wouldn't do it regardless of which side

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I was thinking about it today and it makes so much sense for the Lakers to trade Lebron and the #4 pick or their 1st rounder next year (don't think NO would take Lebron for the #1 straight up) if the #4 is too much.

The Lakers are most likely not going to get KD, Kyrie or Klay and the only other player that gives them a chance to win a title is AD IMO and NO holds all of the cards there. I think even if they waited until after next season to get AD it may be too late...Lebron would be 36 years old. GS isn't going away any time soon even if they lose KD (this will give them space to sign other players anyway).

So with that said, it would be in their best interest IMO to trade Lebron for Zion and build around Zion and the other young players on their roster. By the time those players are in their prime, GS's reign will likely be over opening the door for them to dominate.

NO would keep AD happy by getting Lebron and it would give them a legitimate shot at a title, especially if they used the #4 or next year's 1st rounder to get another piece. I think the trade would keep Lakers fans happy as they don't really love Lebron anyway and Zion is such an exciting player that they would then consider to be homegrown and not forced to root for like Lebron.

Obviously NO would have to send some salary back to LA but without going into those details, would you do this trade if you were NO? What about if you were LA?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

No.
    Pelicans should not.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Only way you do that is if Lebron goes to a 3rd team and New Orleans gets a huge haul in return.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

LeBron + ad + jrue could win. I would do it. Zion is going want to be traded in a few years anyways.

tmoney1101 and Htown Stros like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Neither NO nor Lebron want each other.

Lakers stuck with damaged goods.

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze and Htown Stros like this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LeBron has only a couple years left

7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Why would Pelicans want to do this trade???

Elephant810 likes this.
  8. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Practically, the Lakers can't trade LeBron James against his will--no team is going to give up a ton for a player who doesn't want to be there (and might just retire, to avoid having his control taken from him). I don't think James would want to be dealt to the Pelicans. The Pelicans would be really good but probably still not championship favorites.

In any case, even if James did want to go there, New Orleans wouldn't and shouldn't want a player who may have one or two elite years left in exchange for one of the best prospects in NBA history.

Elephant810 likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure the Lakers are going to roll with Lebrawn

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

LBJ would veto. He is in LA on purpose. There isn’t a Bellaire in Louisiana anywhere.

12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

As Air mentioned above, you really think Zion is going to stay in NOLA with that roster (assuming AD still leaves)? By the time he’s good enough and GS is bad enough for him to win a title he’ll be on his next team most likely.

If they do the trade they keep AD happy and have a serious chance of winning a title. Jrue, Lebron and AD would be a touch matchup for GS especially if KD leaves...

13. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

He doesn’t have a no trade clause, which I found shocking myself. What’s he going to do, veto and quit basketball the rest of his life?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

LA is not trading Lebron. he's going to be there for the entire duration of his contract

and nop isn't giving up Zion

15. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Maybe he does threaten to retire, can’t say what he would do for sure. He’s also in a much worse situation in LA than he expected to be in when he signed the deal.

Anyhow, I agree with you which is why I said NO would also get the #4 pick from the Lakers or if that’s too much, their first rounder next year. Still wouldn’t do it?

16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I don’t disagree but I’m just curious if people on this board would do it if they were in control of LA and/or NOLA. Realistically it obviously won’t happen but to me it makes so much sense for both sides.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

If I'm LA no because if I have lebron im trying to win a title

If I'm nop no also, because I'm losing AD soon, so nothing better to start the rebuilding process than to get a great young package for a top 5 elite talent to jump start that rebuild and pair with my #1 pick zion. A player they shouldn't have been able to get in the first place

18. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

He doesn't have a NTC because he wasn't eligible. You are only eligible if you re-sign a deal with your current team not when you sign a deal as a new free agent.

19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Guys, i think you should consider that Lebron has a NO TRADE CLAUSE before making a thread.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is incorrect. HE DOES NOT have a NTC

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.