1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler the perfect fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 14, 2019.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Jimmy Butler probably will be a Rocket next season. He liked the idea of coming here during that trade fiscal.

He also fits in better then other all stars would because, harden is a ball dominate player so just obtaining another ball dominate all star player along, with CP3 already demanding ball time isn’t always gonna work out. Jimmy Butler is a guy who can play off ball very well if needed and is willing to Sacrifice his personal performance to Take a back seat and give the team what it needs. He’s the ultimate team player but still very capable of taking over when needed. He’s kind of a weird cross between strong role player and elite all star

He also adds to our only lacking position SF, he’s got great defense and fits in with tucker right off the bat as energy guys.

There are other great players but looking at it realistically of who would actually come and fit, jimmy butler is the most logical pick plus I think he legitimately wants to come to Houston or at least it’s decently high on his go to teams. He’s from tomball and at one point was a big Houston sports fan growing up, plus him and harden are cool.

#1 mockster, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I really like him. He is clutch, tough and doesnt do dumb ****. Straight to the business type

mockster, LUK3, Highlyrated and 2 others like this.
  3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

He'd be nice to have. I'd take him over shump/house and have Gordon coming off the bench again if that's a possibility.

OMGitsDanny likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where are u getting that he will probably be a Rocket?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no perfect system.....

Just get it over with, I hope they consider rebuiding if the JB project fails. Not saying he is coming 100%.

6. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

If we want to get JB

Our chips could only be Clint and EG.

Highlyrated likes this.
  7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

He works like a bee

And is fast like Bruce Lee

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

where is the, he liked the idea of coming here coming from?

I still don't see how JB coming here is likely. seems to be more wishful thinking as usual rather than anything else. add in the fact that he's looking and going to get max offers

s3ts, amaru and smp like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He 100% was interested in coming here prior to being traded to Philly. I'm not sure if he wants to come enough where he would opt in this year and get a max next year like CP3 but he definitely was amicable to being traded here last October.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

based on?

s3ts, Bo6 and amaru like this.
  11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Leonard would be the perfect fit, but Butler is certainly not bad. 2-way player with a dog personality who doesn't appear to shrink in the playoffs.

xaos and varughese.arun like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

first hand knowledge from a second hand source.

13. Homey the Clown

Sounds good but he will most likely stay with Philly after they offer him the max.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol. so basically assumption and a complete guess. come on now guys

s3ts, smp and Homey the Clown like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think @YOLO is saying he didn't like the idea of coming here, I suspect he, like me, just wants to know where its coming from?? Like source an article, video interview or something??

When I think of Butler, I definitely don't immediately think "great off ball player".

Style wise, he "probably" fits because he actually is a guy that can iso and create individually, and if they're just going with that scheme, than frankly you need as many of those guys as possible. I think its a horrible idea to continue that scheme, but if Harden is here, it's continuing. I think they ultimately fail at the same stage in the playoffs next year with Butler. Just like Butler didn't ultimately help a more talented 76ers team vs. the prior year get any further in the playoffs.

16. Homey the Clown

Sounds like the same sources Chris Broussard uses. Nice.

s3ts likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Cf's self made rumors are well not actually all too realistic.

boy how about that DJ wants to come to houston and play for minimum and so many people ate that up. spreading bad/false information must be the thing now

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

welp houston has 0% chance confirmed

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

nvm not worth it.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We can’t sign him outright making it unlikely. Can Harden convince him to take the opt in route with another promise of a 5 year mega deal?

We know he didn’t recruit LeBron