1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The window is closed, time to start over.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BarkleyHater84, May 11, 2019.

?

Is it time to blow it up and start fresh?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No, are you crazy?

56 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. BarkleyHater84

The window has closed on this team. It's time to start over.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Thanks for letting us know that.

airflights92 and BarkleyHater84 like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nah.

HP3 and airflights92 like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don’t know if it is closed or still has a crack. But the more I think about this season the more irritated I get, Started with the joke of an offseason. Signing that head case Carmelo? Then filling out the roster with Ennis and MCW? MCW?? For a team that shoots a lot of 3’s. Which one of Morey’s algorithms said that was good? I will give Morey credit for salvaging a bench during the season. But the tone of the post season was set when we hacked up the lead in OKC and lost thus costing us the 2nd seed.

With our cap situation and a rapidly fossilizing CP3 I am clueless as to where we go from here. NONE of the 29 other teams will touch that CP contract until maybe the final year when it becomes a huge expiring.

Time to root for the Astros. There just isn’t anything to grab onto Rockets wise to give me hope that this won’t continue being the ending year in and year out,

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, I hope y’all really understand what blowing it up entails. The Rockets will go back to being completely irrelevant, so to those who hate all these threads about 1st Take and other hot take shows being posted on here, don’t worry, all of that will cease. No one will talk about or care about this team. The city barely cares about the team to begin with, so expect TC to be looking like how it does at top for entire games.

Houston is not a free agent destination at all despite what Morey loves to claim. Dwight and CP3 only came here because of Harden. Absolutely no one was checking for us before then. We will have to hope that we can get a player that comes anywhere close to Harden’s level. Who knows how long that will take.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think people realize it yeah.

Kings still waiting to turn it around from their webber days. Knicks been irrelevant for a good while now. Lakers having problems too. It really is not easy finding a top 5 player in this league.

Just remember these people man, when Harden is gone and we are sucking and people go "Man, I wish player ______ was as good as Harden! Remember how great he was!?"

People here really take him for granted. He's not perfect, he's not Jordan, but he's an all-time great.

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It seems like 33 is the age where a Superstar is declining to a borderline star, Harden is 29. It also seems like he can adjust his game and his game will age well. People compared him to Manu when he first got to the league, and he was able to play at a high level into later years. He is absolutely worth holding on to. He could end up being the second best player on the team at some point and win that way. The last team to win with one star was the Mavs, and Dirk was 32 that year.

The Celtics paired a ~31 and ~33 year old with their ~31 year old star and won it their first year together.

If you can move CP3's contract, then you have a ton of options for building a contender again.

#7 BallSoHarden, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    smp and RyanB like this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Everyone except the Beard needs to go. PJ can stay too.

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Tons of teams have cap-space this summer and I'm sure with a first and Eric Gordon sprinkled on-top of CP3 a team would be willing to take him on purely on name alone. Big names sell tickets, someone like Utah, Orlando or Charlotte if Kemba leaves.

bmelo likes this.
  10. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Harden and Tucker should be the only untouchable ones. At this point no one is touching Cp3s contract. At least not without giving up significant assets. Which we don’t have.

So those 3 stay and we need to resign Rivers. What do we have left? Clint Capela and EG. Sorry but they both need to go if we want to have a slight chance at remodelling this team properly. KD or no KD we need shooting and spacing. Capela is a fraud James Harden made him a millionaire. Rivers can be 6th man and we need to get some players who have size and shooting ability.

And of course try to chase another star possibly Butler and attach every available pick we have.

Running it back again is not an option.

Denovo, smp and RyanB like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

EG is the only player with decent trade value after his playoffs performance along with his 15 M expiring contract. Capela's trade value has taken a big hit, but he is young. Some team may want him.

Add Clark and Hart as fillers. PJ has some trade value, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave the team.

What can we get back in return though is hard to say, another 1st rounder will be needed for a disgruntled star.

I love CP but he is done as a superstar. I doubt if he can be traded to a team with cap room. Will the Suns take him, if they can absorb his contract? I don't think so.

My gut feeling is that Harden will want to stay if the Rockets can get another star. He might lose hope and demand a trade if things don't work out.

We need a better head coach than MDA too.

DM's and MDA's 3/ D philosophy stands exposed because of it's obvious limitations.

It's gonna be a tough off season.

BarkleyHater84 likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

EG is the only player with decent trade value after his playoffs performance along with his 15 M expiring contract. Capela's trade value has taken a big hit, but he is young. Some team may want him.

Add Clark and Hart as fillers. PJ has some trade value, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave the team.

What can we get back in return though is hard to say, another 1st rounder will be needed for a disgruntled star.

I love CP but he is done as a superstar. I doubt if he can be traded to a team with cap room. Will the Suns take him, if they can absorb his contract? I don't think so.

My gut feeling is that Harden will want to stay if the Rockets can get another star. He might lose hope and demand a trade if things don't work out.

We need a better head coach than MDA too.

DM's and MDA's 3/ D philosophy stands exposed because of it's obvious limitations.

It's gonna be a tough off season.

bj3175 likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

paul's window is closed. he's trying his hardest to close those around him too

RichieBanks likes this.
  14. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

This fanbase is spoiled. It wasn't that long ago that we were celebrating something as pedestrian as getting out of the 1st round. They long for "heart" guys like Bev, Lou, and Harrell and forget that they were getting blown out 5/6 times they played the Warriors, two of those at their own house.

Rocket River, topfive and JayGoogle like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There's always Kevin Love I guess...

BarkleyHater84 likes this.
  16. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Btw JJ Reddick is a free agent. We desperately need a sniper like him. We try shoot so many 3s but in reality we don’t even have a pure 3 point shooter

17. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Clint for Kevin Love doesn’t sound so bad now hahaha

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Love's contract wasn't so bad I'd consider it...I bet the Cavs would do it in a snap, Clint is younger and they get rid of that horrible contract.

Love is washed though...but really it's the only 'star' I could see us trading for.

saleem likes this.
  19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

3/d is not a bad Philosophy if Brad Stevens was our coach under MDA's rigidness and lack of versatility ,oh which means making adjustments it is flawed. These NBA teams are to good the Triangle or motion offense hybrid will yield the same amount of threes but also keeps pressure on the opposing teams defense and gives playmakers an opportunity to make make plays easier than just playing iso basketball all the time

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

Yeah, unfortunately.
    More will have a long summer, if he's not fired