1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

. Farieds “personal reasons” for missing game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, May 11, 2019.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

I wonder if it got him benched for game 6. There’s no reason why capela seen 31 minutes.

napalm06 and Zergling like this.
  2. dwhite

dwhite Member

Faried should have played this whole series. Big mistake that hopefully costs MDA his job.

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

If you think capaela was confused,then in sure far"weed" would have been far worst.

4. jowman

jowman Member

funny how the world works. kanter was available practically for free this season and no one wanted him. for free! portland picked him up and hes helped them crush OKC and putting up great rebounding and post scoring consistently with avg defense.

we end up going into playoffs with 40 Year old nene as our only playable true center. guy we paid 90M to is completely useless, worse than that he'd be coMVP on the warriors... if we plug kanter in those minutes, no doubt we win this series.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sure, regular season...no harm in trying. We sure gave Green and Capela multiple chances in this series...

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well probably find out as the offseason goes on what was going on with faried but I can’t see how he would of been that much worse than capela this series. I know atleast he would be giving that P.J. tucker type effort at minimum And it seemed this team was missing that for a good chunk of the series

7. amaru

amaru Member

Mike was never gonna play Faried lol

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA didn't even try. There are so many damn possessions in a game he didn't even try once. MDA panicked like he always does.. There were enough players. Just Faried's energy brings the level up. Especially when Harden is doing his old man walk up the ball routine. Morey did his job.

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Gerald green gave rockets range. Problem is MDA did resort to subbing capaela in and out for defense up until final two minutes but curry and Thompson back to back three's was something that you knew was coming and it might have been far worse IMO with far"weed" who perhaps lacked more lateral speed plus far"weed" had foot problems.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Faried could have given us what Looney gave the Warriors when called upon.

Faried brings energy and is not afraid.

You can at least try him for a couple of plays early on to see what he can bring for that night.

MIke's stubbornness did him in, once again.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess I don't see how Clint could have been worse on defense. He just gave us nothing. Faried may be bad at defense but you know he gives you pure hustle and rebounding and maybe you don't even have to play him much, sometimes the team just needs to see it from a guy like that, it gets contagious. That's why Pbev is such a good player to have because he brings that hustle and energy and if this guy is throwing hisbody around other guys do too.

Maybe you only need to play Faried 5 mins or so to light a fire under Capela. Maybe. We'll never know though. We never even gave it a shot although he helped us blow out this very same team earlier in the season...I mean this very same team...

Richie_Rich and chadyang like this.
  12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

MDA was subbing capaela in and out late in the game so MDA viewed capaela as a liability late.

At times you had jerekbo and Thompson on the weak side with curry and green running a pick and roll. For that scenario you often had capaela and another defender like cp3 guarding weak side. I'm sure that situation would be a disaster for both capaela and far"weed" to get stuck on the weak side with Thompson after Thompson made six threes already!

I doubt far"weed" would not have been in foul trouble trying to guard Klay Thompson on the weak side after curry and Greene breaks down your defense with the high screen and roll set they win three championships running them plays.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Why are we calling this stubbornness though? What is he being stubborn about, some philosophy that playing starters heavy minutes wins championships? I think he's just a terrible in-game coach, that's all. His assistants obviously didn't provide much so Morey needs to clean house here.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My argument is still that Capela was still terrible on defense and could not even give us rebounding.

He also played with little heart. At the end of Game 5 MDA was screaming at him for not closing out and giving little effort.

I think Faried's hustle would have rubbed off on some guys, I think he gets a few key rebounds that leads to easy points. Would he have given up points? Sure, but Capela was about as bad on defense as can be.

I don't care if he got in foul trouble either, we needed energy, we needed a spark...that's basically what Faried is known for. Like hustle plays and snatching rebounds is basically his thing.

Of course he's a terrible defender, if he wasn't we would not have been able to get him. Just like Shump is a terrible shooter and how Green is terrible at everything but chucking up shots.

Bascially it's on the coach to maximize the talents on their team. Warriors played Jordan Bell tonight...why? Because they wanted to continue beating us on the boards. Kerr knew what was up.

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Rockets got two wins which is better than Cavs who almost got swept with LeBron in the finals last year.

And oh yeah LeBron made a bunch of hustle plays like far"weed" could have, should have and would have made.

#15 smoothie_king, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Ok we get it, far"weeed"

17. pli777

pli777 Member

I don't get some of the opinions out there that Faried has bad defence to warrant minutes on the court, to me Capela has looked worse. Faried's hustle and energy would have given us so much more lifts.

Just being on the court as a bit of a spark on hustles is better than Capela's ***** face.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

MDA dog house. Probably threw the energy off with the team that no ones talking about. Basically mda most likely lost the locker room.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Faried was boxing the **** out defensively against Utah. And he has actual dynamic finishing ability at the rim to go along with his crazy quirkiness at the 5. Much like Harrell(another MDA doghouse visitor). Oh well.

20. Mr. Space City

Faried actually tries to finish like a man as well and probably would have shot better than 43% from the free throw line too.