1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Should the rockets start..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, May 9, 2019.

?

Start looking into the Draft to Build around Harden

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. No.

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Looking into building for the future,

I mean you think eventually Morey gonna pull the plug on this team around james harden eventually. I say trade away Chris, Gordon, Gut everything else etc. and build around Capela , Harden with some rookies, maybe houston can get some picks to be good like Celtics did with Brown, Tatum. Harden has probably a good 4-5 more great years in him, Caplea is still 24.

2. Caprah

Caprah Member

If you wanna go down that path you might as well trade harden since he is in his prime..

deb4rockets and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We're going to just add to the core.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

What money? lol

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well Fetita better spend

6. Vestax

Vestax Member

Rox have been missing the role of a good power forward for years. Isn't it about time to invest in a good one?

Rocket River, deb4rockets and kjayp like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Wonder if KnickS/Suns would ship #1 to us for Paul, And Gordon, we take back every bad contract they got. That would be nice crew around Durant ...

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

U wonder? Lol, don’t be delusional. There’s no such thing as trading away Chris Paul and getting a good draft pick in return...

You’re taking their bad contracts while giving them an albatross in CP3, and u think the Knicks would give up their top pick in return? What are all these bad contracts on the Knicks? They already got rid of them, how do u think they have the space for 2 max contracts? Get real...

GotGame15 and kjayp like this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There is such thing as sign and trades. so give me a break.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not happening.

Now, Harden for #1 and draft picks, and I guarantee they would go for it. Perennial MVP candidate in his prime, joining Durant plus another star player, and the Knicks might finally win the big one.

11. Caprah

Caprah Member

You will have to trade away good draft picks along with Cp0 to get a dumb GM to take his ludicrously bad deal

GotGame15 and Reeko like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ok? That means absolutely nothing. Come back to reality and leave that fantasy of the Rockets getting a top draft pick while giving another team CP3 in return.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

that's what I would do if this were nba2K.

but it's not.

Paul may not be worth his contract for the rest of his contract lol. ego and tuck are getting old. tillman won't pay the tax so our bench will forever be undrafted rookie and vet min scrubs. but we are still one of the best teams in the league. harden definitely needs a second all star to play with. Paul and ego are good scorers but neither gives us all star production. neither can take over the game for a stretch. its all on James. one other guy that can take over the game for a stretch is all it would take to get over the hump to a championship.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hawks have tons of money, why wouldnt they trade off bazemore,Plumlee and #9 for paul. Paul + Trae and #5 rookie be great team in east.

15. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

Why would they spend all their cap on paul whe. Trae better

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Bazemore and Plumlee are locked up onthere payrol. Plus i think Bazemore game would run better in houston, he would be almost that 3rd star next to harden. Houston then could go out and get Davis. Doubt anyone would go to Atl just to play with Trae.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No and I didn't even read the OP. It doesn't matter what they do. They're toast.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Gotta love the fantasy threads. We just re-upped Morey and if you know anything about his methodology you know we're not building around Harden via the draft or picks unless they are used as assets to land a big 3

tmoney1101 and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we dont 'believe' in the power forward position - its only the stretch 4....

i'd like at least a situational pf as a fallback when the 3's aint fallin or down the stretch... someone who can take the ball to the rim and throw it down with 2 hands - but i dont think its happenin...

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

My god, ClutchFans. The thread TITLE is to let people know whether or not the subject interests them.

Can we please stop with the clickbait thread titles? This is idiotic.