1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/ Russillo] "I can't stand the Rockets", "I will root against them"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, May 4, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

People don't like teams that win by being smarter or gaming the rules.

I get it, but they really are only pissed that their team didn't figure it out first.

DD

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Enough already. Yes, we know everyone hates Harden and the Rockets.

HP3, Hmc415, fckbandwagons and 4 others like this.
  6. UrbanEnterprise

media bias is coming out more than ever.

these feelings for the Rockets have been there for a while now, it just wasn't professional to be outspoken about it

all it took was one media member to say it, and they all follow but best believe these feelings have been there

Erbnwarfare, Blatz, ramotadab and 8 others like this.
  7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I like him in the podcast with bill Simons. I appreciate his honesty. Better than people pretending to be unbiased while still hating .

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

We play ugliest game in the league, what did you expect

Jontro, MghtyPtrck, smp and 1 other person like this.
  9. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Yea no surprise here. I’ve heard him talk on Bill Simmons that he doesn’t like the Rockets. But I don’t think he has any disdain towards the Rockets or the city of Houston. I think he really is just an old school basketball fan and doesn’t like where the game is going and Houston is one of the main teams to blame for that. I think he just doesn’t like where the NBA is going and with Houston being the front runner, it just goes hand in hand.

Jontro and smp like this.
  10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

As much as he acts like what he’s saying is controversial, it’s the easy thing to do right now. It takes balls to like the Rockets in the current environment.

11. LUK3

LUK3 Member

o they mad. :rolleyes:

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes. It's a very prevelant take amongst the national media.

But many posters here think the take stems from jealousy. I honestly believe it stems from a genuine dislike of the plays. The Warriors for example do generate hate but the hate directed at them is entirely different. The hate mainly involves around their team being unfairly stacked. That isn't the type of hate the Rockets get.

Cuongzilla, smp and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That and they are too dumb to understand.

14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I don't think anything is wrong with our offense. What happens is it looks one dimensional with harden dribbling but that's just bait. Like Draymond says James tests the discipline of your defense. He makes you make a decision. When he is attacking the Rockets will get wide open shots. The team has to to a better job hitting wide open jumpshots. If they do the Rox will win easily. When we don hit Wide open Jump Shots we become predictable. Now we need to use Nene and Faried more to get easy buckets when the offense breaks down until we recover our rhythm and then we can attack in our traditional way.

15. bobloblaw

Jealousy? Don’t think I’ve read much of that and not even sure what you mean.

You either side with the Warriors or Rockets, and if you side with the Warriors you consider Harden a cheater and assume the Rockets are gaming the system. Hating the Rockets due to their style of play is an uncritical opinion and everyone didn’t come to it on their own. It’s a narrative that’s been pushed in the national media persistently

Now, you personally hate Harden because of the Jeremy Lin era of failure. That is pretty stupid.

Earnie Banks and RichieBanks like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Que?

My criticism of Harden's play style has to do with it not being productive in a 7 game series and since I want the Rockets to win, I am not fond of the style. Harden is one of the most talented scorers the league has ever seen but he foul baits a lot. And the foul baiting often detracts from his ability to genuinely make buckets when defenses decide to press and the refs start holding on to the whistle on both sides.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What I don't like is GSW do a lot of the same crap but they never catch flack for it.

I get it. Harden and Ego and CP3 complain about the refs...A lot. I can concede this and I understand how it can get annoying...

But the Warriors do it just as much. I think it was Charles that said "No one complains about the refs as much as these two teams..." and that I agree with. I like when its framed that way because that is the truth. The Warriors do it JUST as much if not more but they don't get this criticism for it.

417Rocket, AuburnRocket and Patience like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

shrug* whatever man.. What else is new?

I was listening to a Bill Simmons podcast and the Ryen was a big hater of Harden yet he still would have voted him MVP. So there's that.

HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  19. bobloblaw

My bad—I thought you were a Lin fan. Either way don’t think many people really hate Harden because he’s unwatchable. They think he’s unwatchable because they hate him.

Edit—my memory isn’t that bad. You are a LOF and that completely explains your hatred of Harden. That IS jealousy.

20. fchowd0311

That's really odd logic. Are they racist? They don't like his beard? What is it then?

I genuinely believe it's because of his play style, reliance on the refs, and being an innefficent chucker in the playoffs.