1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been researching refs and how they are calling games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Apr 28, 2019.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Full story is in the original post now

msn, pippendagimp and Rivaldo2181 like this.
  2. bacliff

bacliff Member

Guess we are seeing why they wanted to destroy the Rockets this game today. I am guessing that we get reffed the same every game in the playoffs. Well we had a good season and it was fun anyway.

RyanB likes this.
  3. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

But GS didn't have Igoudala... so I guess it doesn't matter.

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. macan

macan Member

this needs to go on wikileaks.
    we need to expose this rigged league.

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

The Warriors were literally pointing at the refs and laughing at them a couple months ago and lead the league in technical fouls. Why is their adversarial relationship not affecting them?

6. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Thanks!!!

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd say bc every team has flare ups with the officials - but we are nonstop...
    Seriously... we can be ahead and have the game wrapped up - and we're still b****in about non calls...
    Maybe since we dont push it to the point of more techs the refs never feel its over... its just an ongoing grumbling b****in passive aggressive never ending cycle....

I mean I get tired of seeing EGo whining after every drive... I can only imagine if I was the guy he was directly whining at... lol

It just seems like nearly every game is adversarial with the officials.... harden leads the league in foul calls... you'd think he'd have a better rapport with the officials for the calls he does get...

8. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Lol.... dude the warriors bark just as much as the rockets if not more. Pointing and laughing at a ref is way more extreme than what the rockets do.

dje243, Handles, Reeko and 10 others like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know if it is pointless though.

Morey tapping Cuban there should concern Silver. If the Warriors go on to win and the BlazersNuggets are pissed about calls...and then the Bucks/Celts/Raps/6ers are pissed about calls...then there could be an actual coalition to remove Silver. The owners are the ones in charge in the end and if it becomes clear he's favoring a team over others then I could easily see them doing this. After all, a team makes more money if they are winning rings and Silver picking and choosing winners would get him tossed out on his butt pretty quickly...if it could be proved of course.

I think Morey and Fertita could probably make a good case that the Warriors are being favored and by doing so they have thrown a bit of doubt out there.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It sounds like the entire organization is prepared to unleash a sh-tstorm on the league over this which is good. It doesn't mean the Rockets will win the series, but I expect the refs to be a lot harsher on the Warriors going forward. Especially in Games 2 and 3. The spotlight on the officiating is gonna be massive.

12. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I'm glad the Rockets have real data to back their points up.

But just from the eye test, I've given up on fair officiating when it comes to going against the warriors.

If you want to beat them, you have to make shots on offense. That Harden 3 that won the game in the regular season? That washed away some really pathetic officiating. You have to hit shots, and more than a handful of incredible shots if you want to take these motherf****kers down.

It sucks. It's not fair. Hell, it's not ethical.

But it's not impossible to overcome. I believe in this team. Their defense gives them more of a chance than any other team in the league to beat these a**holes. You have to back that defense up with incredible shot making. These refs aren't going to give you a fair shake, so suck it up and hit shots.

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The NBA league office literally doesn’t care. They will keep doing the same thing. In fact, I won’t be surprised at all if CP3 is suspended for Game 2.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  14. kjayp

Yer entitled to your own opinion, bro... 90% of the games I watch these days are Rockets games - so I cant speak to other teams ongoing relationships with the refs... I see Draymond b****in all the time... and of course Currys little snits... but every Rockets game i watch its b**** b**** b****....

I've gotten to the point where I'm just 'quit b****in and play through it already...'

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Flare ups? The NBA had to get the players union and the referees in the same room at the all star break last year because there were so many problems with players griping at referees. Did it stop, not really; the headlines during the 1st round of the playoffs THIS year have been about how NBA players and referees are having issues with each other. Going back to the Warriors, there were articles written in Bay Area newspapers just before the 1st round wondering whether or not their issues with the refs would come back to bite them in the playoffs. This isn’t just a Rockets thing...this is a league-wide issue that happens often with just about every team.

But, somehow, the Rockets are on the bad end of a -93 point disadvantage in a 7 game series to the Warriors. The Rockets are on the bad end of a disadvantage of the refs admitting to MDA and Harden at halftime that they missed 4 calls that would have led to 12 free throws. These aren’t biased claims, the former is the League office admitting it to the Rockets and the latter is the refs admitting it themselves.

dje243, UTSA2step, luckyman76 and 4 others like this.
  16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

N - ****ing -O!!!

This is a league where players try to gain small advantages over their counterparts all the time - mostly through refs. And that's possible ONLY because refs are NOT CONSISTENT with play calling by CHOICE.

And that word, CHOICE, is the only one that matters here.

Was refs' choice to call rip through move until it was too widely used, so they put that move specifically in rulebook and stopped reffing it the way they did all those years? YES.

Was refs' choice to call all those fouls when Harden initiates the contact on drives by locking his off hand with opponents'? YES.

Same applies to Harden's foul baiting on threes, LeBron's offensive fouls and travel, GSW's illegal screens etc.

Then when they feel like it, they suddenly decide they will call some things differently. Which is all fine and dandy, when they announce it well enough beforehand - like the freedom of movement this year.

Except with Rockets and Harden. Refs mostly eliminated the illegal screens this whole year, conveniently just after GSW-HOU's last year ended. And they are doing it again: going away from calling fouls on threes JUST when GSW-HOU series start. And you know what? You can bet they will start calling it consistently whole next season. They just "happened" to choose this very series to implement it.

The NBA refs are one of the biggest joke in all professional sports.

17. kjayp

The other factor I see playing into it is history...
    CP3 used to fool the refs all the time with his phantom flops... I hated the dude when he was in LA for that crap...
    Harden used to hook guys and pull them into him to draw the foul... He'd drive the lane and just throw his arms up and flail to fabricate calls...
    I think reps for those indiscretions are still a factor...
    again, not saying its right... esp since I believe harden has advanced to such a degree that he doesnt readily employ such tactics to any great extent any longer...

18. alcatrazpsycho

Morey be like:
    [​IMG]
    (Large image)

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Completely obvious by your posting and probably my main gripe with you and so many “experts” around here.

Griping without a broader league view. b**** about things as if they are exclusive to the Rockets.

And the wild thing is we now have essentially hardcore league provided data proving the refs are absolutely bending us over a barrel and your response is it’s probably our fault, play through it and win anyways or I will continue to act like I know Mike D is incompetent and Harden is a choker.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It will matter if public opinion is that the refs are favoring the warriors and that's why they are winning.

luckyman76 and DavidRocket like this.