1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Tony didn't figure out time travel. That was already a thing. He figured out how to guide their path once in the quantum realm. Without Hank Pym's research, tech, and particles (which Tony couldn't replicate) he had jack-all.

CM didn't beat Thanos, did she? He took her right out with the power stone, just like everyone else he used it on. He also gave her a pretty good hit that sent her flying before that

The "gauntlet" was just a piece of Tony's nanotech. It was nothing for him to transfer the stones as soon as it touched his armor

Kim likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think that was the mind stone.

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I really enjoyed the movie and the more I suspend my own logic the better it is. My main gripe with the movie was that they used time travel at all and that leads to the inevitable plot holes. I will say, they did a much better job with it than most movies.

Also, one thing I thought that made this particular movie great may be what hurts future movies. The focus of this movie was squarely on the original team and by the end many were gone. It was such a great bookend to the "infinity saga". They actually ended it in lieu of attempting to cash in on the same recognizable characters in the future. Their 22 movie run is probably the best of any franchise in history. In a way, they may have wanted to separate what they've already done from the new movies in case the audience grows tired of the genre or doesn't take to the new characters.

But, they didn't introduce a new bad guy or give strong hints on the direction of the next phase. The weight of the MCU franchise will hinge on the next few movies. The scary thing (for them) has got to be that some of the key characters going forward don't have a huge following (captain marvel, Doctor Strange, antman,etc) and the ones that do have, been in the public eye so long that the stories may seem stale (spiderman, hulk, thor, eventually x-men/F4). I think they have to be banking on the enthusiasm/anticipation for GotG and Black panther remains so they can allow some other characters to grow on fans. I was a huge Ironman fan but Captain America had to grow on me as i wasn't a fan of his character as a kid.

Like most, We knew Cap would be gone but I was hoping for Stark to stick around to mentor Spiderman and generally be sort of a Fury like fartherly figure for the new group. Without Stark/Cap, the group is missing that natural leader. The prime candidates would probably be Danvers or T'Challa. But, Danvers reads more like thor like over powered hot head than a Cap like altruistic leader. And, I really think they've built Panther up to have such a Wakanda focus that audiences would struggle with him leading the next team that saves Earth.

jchu14, Xerobull and arkoe like this.
  4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

They would have all died if he didn't sacrifice himself by using the infinity gauntlet. That was likely the point of what Cap said to him. They've clearly been setting up this moment for Stark for a long time.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In the comics Sam Wilson is the new leader of the Avengers. They are going to need a solo captain America movie to develop his character into the natural leader role

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I think if they make it a xmen vs avengers storyline it would be as hyped as the infinity gauntlet. By first rebooting xmen with the marvel charm instead of what they have done....

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Better than that, there's going to be a Falcon and Winter Soldier TV show!

I'd prefer a 'soft' reboot of the X-Men like what they did with the MCU Hulk movie that starred Edward Norton. We know the origins of the X-Men. Just recap it in a five minute flashback.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They hinted at NAMOR!!!
    The next interation should be lead by Sam or Capt Marvel
    People don't remember. . . Iron Man was a mediocre character in 2008
    They built him up nicvely . .. but they no longer have the Russo Brothers

Thor and the Guardians of the Galaxy should be fun

They still have DOOM . .. GALACTUS and many more villians

Rocket River

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I had some issues with the movie but my entire investment in the MCU was rewarded with the Final Battle. That was everything you've ever wanted in a battle scene.

Thanos wrecking shop, Cap having the will to fight but not the strength to win and then boom...on your left.

I swear, that two minutes or whatever it was that brings them all to the fight and then he finally says it...it made it all worth it.

In general I didn't like the stuff they did with Thor (felt pretty dumb to me), don't care for Brie Larson (future of MCU concerns me), didn't really think the plot seemed like the smartest way to solve the problems, etc.

But none of that matters. The Avengers Assemble moment was the best thing in the history of movies.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

I think the Thor part was a nice touch that lightened up the mood. All the main characters went through a change emotionally and this was probably the best way to portray a change in Thor. He's the only one that is a "God" so it had to be something stupid/extreme IMO.

But yeah, not a huge fan of Brie Larson at the moment. She's very meh and probably the only actor/actress I've kind of questioned the casting. Would rather watch more Scarlet Witch or Shuri/Okoye.

I'd actually watch an entire movie on Korg. Should be a #KorgMovie trend.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I kind of liked Thanos the Alien Farmer. Why did they cut off his head? Lulz.

[​IMG]

#51 daywalker02, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Jontro and BruceAndre like this.
  12. justtxyank

Yeah I get that they needed to do something with him, I just didn't think this was it. I would have preferred he became a wanderer like Odin or something and had just abdicated being Thor all together.

Same. It's not a "SJW GRRRRRRRRRR" thing for me. I have no qualms with a female leader of the MCU, I just think this was miscast OR being written/directed poorly if it's not her acting. I just don't care about her character at all except for the awesome visuals.

Korg is definitely funny. I wonder if they put him the next GotG if it would be too much.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

I think its her acting that is bleh to me. A talking raccoon conveys more emotion than her.

Literally every character cast in the movies I've gone "hey that is a good casting" except her. Korg has to at least make cameos moving forward

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That was less Thanos and more big purple Josh Brolin lel.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

From what I understand, the Hulk is also done. They decided against a solo movie and chose to tell his story through appearnces in the other movies.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

We always knew that this was the swan song for Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr - there was never going to be an Iron Man 4. I had a hunch that it would be Iron Man to die but wasn't certain until I saw the exchange between him and Dr. Strange during the final battle. I also agree with all of the critics who slammed the treatment of Black Widow who was jettisoned like week old cheese (exactly HOW are they going to have a movie about her now?). As for Cap, the ending literally made no sense at all. If Rogers had decided to stay with Peggy Carter in 1945, then there's no Avengers, the Winter Solder is still out there killing, the Hydra infiltration of Shield doesn't get exposed and so on. I honestly liked Jim Starlin's take on Thanos where it's Adam Warlock who destroys him in the end.

17. Xerobull

Hulk’s solo movie rights are still owned by Universal, much like Spider-Man’s are owned by Sony.

It’s a shame that they can’t spin off some more Hulk movies because he has one of the richest back catalogs of stories in the marvel universe.

18. Xerobull

You’re missing the entire timeline explanation from Hulk- the future (now) is Cap’s past. The Cap who went back was still the same cap who was thawed out. If he is hidden, he lives concurrently with the thawed out Cap during the preceding marvel movies. He then either jumps forward to the end of endgame when Peggy dies or waits it out. It doesn’t matter. They showed that two people from separate timelines can exist concurrently during the whole movie.

As for BW’s movie- read through this thread for my theory.

19. justtxyank

As another posted said, Marvel WISHES they could do another solo Hulk movie, they just can't because of rights. So the only way for him to appear is as a sidekick because they have associate rights on him.

20. justtxyank

What doesn't make sense is that if he did go back and marry Peggy events in that future would change. So that would create a new timeline right?

So how does old man cap still end up in the same timeline if he didn't come through that portal? That's what throws it off to me. How was he on that bench instead of coming back into their reality through the portal as an old man?

I get that they said even though it's 5 seconds for them it's as long as he needs for him, but don't understand the physical location issue.