1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grade James Harden's 1st Round Performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheke64, Apr 25, 2019.

?

Grade James Harden's overall performance against the Jazz.

1. A

37 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. B

198 vote(s)
    55.8%
  3. c

104 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. D

16 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What a shitty post.

It's valid criticism to acknowledge that Morey and Dantoni have severe deficiencies, the biggest one is them not understanding the concept of "keeping defenses honest". There are former players who played under Dantoni who have been baffled by his coaching style and lack of desiring to make adjustments.

Comparing salaries to quell criticsm is silly and shows how sensitive you are.

Jack Campbell likes this.
  2. Wylo

Wylo Member

by your logic, Trump = smartest man in the the U.S.?

definition of analogy = 'a correspondence or partial similarity', 'a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects'

did you just really make the argument that 'basketball is not boxing?' thank you for clarifying

Dopamine and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A+. The goal for MVP is to pass rounds, not personal performance. 4-1 against Jazz, they didn't really dominate anything except rebounding and self destructing Mitchell. It was really a cakewalk for the Rockets so Harden gets A+ from me. He helped and with CP3 guiding the Rockets past 1st round. Remember not too long ago younglings, we didn't past 1st round for years.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

B-

He got way too frustrated on offense but made up for it on defense. He needs to get out of his head when it comes to the way defenses guard him.

5. fchowd0311

Our goal and expectations are to beat the Warriors and win a ring. We grade Harden's performance based in those goals, not the goals of middling teams 10 years ago.

Louka and bloodwings19 like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ask the Spurs how the midrange is working out.

You went with a boxing analogy and that's funny since boxing is a dying sport just like the midrange game. It's just not efficient.

HP3, BigMaloe, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  7. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

So his level of play should go up.... if he ever wants to shake the 'choker' label

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

aww, c'mon Louka, that's not fair. that's not FAIR.

it isn't fair gif.gif

Harden should get at least a "C" as an average between Games 1/2 and Games 3/4/5 . :p

Voltik and YOLO like this.
  9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Our goal is to celebrate on Washington Ave. For me personally, enjoy my vacation (booked my 2 weeks off before season started) with the Rockets championship :)

10. fchowd0311

Sigh. You know that isn't what we are asking. Just like an NFL offense that his heavily reliant on passing, they still will call for run plays to keep defenses honest.

We aren't asking for Harden to completely abandon the 3 and paint offense. We are asking him to take the open mid range looks occasionally the defenses give him to keep them honest. Maybe sprinkle in some cuts and post game possessions. Mix things around when the defense knows exactly what you are going to do.

Dopamine likes this.
  11. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I suffer from that thing the media does where they only care about the last few games... "what have you done for me lately?" type, knamean?

12. SuraGotMadHops

I'm giving him an A and here is why, Harden won this series with his BRAIN. In years past if he wasn't getting the whistles or his shots weren't falling he'd get frustrated and check out (See Spurs series). Here, he handled everything - shots not falling, I'll get guys involved, I'll work on a floater, floater not falling? Ok I'll step it up on D. Half court defense disrupting our offense? Ok i'll push the tempo. And in crunch time, even if he was having a bad night, the shots would fall when it counted the most. The Rockets pretty much dominated this series even though we got all versions of Harden, good and bad, all 5 games.

BigMaloe and rhee like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It isn't fair dat she started out this cute either. Happened.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

B minus just judging him in a vacuum

C minus if I'm holding him to the standard he's set for himself.

Either way, we need A+ performances from him to win a ring

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I need a @tinman -type ruling on your purity. seriously.

:cool:

BigMaloe and Louka like this.
  16. Jack Campbell

Jack Campbell Member

HAHA...yeah known troll.....I am not know for anything around here....but boy do people get butt hurt fast....I am all for questioning anyone's decisions….have at it.....they (Morey and MDA) make mistakes...like everyone else....how ever they are not idiots.....that's my only point....

I love the Rockets and have for decades now.….just am so tired of bashing some of our best talent.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Voted C but have been persuaded into a B. He isnt an A because we know he can do better. His defense was an A.

Can imagine GSW playing behind him funneling him to dray? Donkey would get dunked on 2x a game. And his floater would have no chance of being blocked. I imagine 35 ppg James will be back in round 2.

BigMaloe, Nook and BaselineFade like this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

A: for the clutch play late in games and the defense all game (in the close games).

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. BigTex

BigTex Member

Harden tied for 1st in defensive win shares for playoffs

He was 15th overall in the regular season

BigMaloe, Nook and BaselineFade like this.
  20. Wylo

Wylo Member

asking Harden to take few midrange shots a game to diversify his offense more = play like the Spurs?

being predictable is also not efficient, ever thought about that?