1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Game 5 Podcast: Rockets close out the Jazz, prep for a likely Warriors matchup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Mr. Space City

3. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

More rest for Cap :D

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Can't wait to listen tommorow!!

5. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Hold your horses. The Clippers aren't done yet. Don't forget Beverley, Harrell, and Lou Williams, former Rockets won't just concede the series with Warriors.

We just might witness an upset if the Clippers continue to play well in their series.

Let's hope Clint Capela recuperates and becomes 100% recovered from the virus.

Clippers Rockets will be an intriguing series.

jcmoon likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thanks for this one, Clutch. That was a good listen.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Gracías @Clutch for the podcast! Hearing Dream say “unbeatable” never gets old!! :D

I love MK’s comment on “Survive & Advance”! I’m a diehard and of course I always want to see my Rockets decimate the competition, but humbling your opponent into submission and having them say “UNCLE” is not as important as being the “Last Man Standing”!

Once again, kudos on the podcast Clutch, you and MK have great chemistry together! Keep’m coming..;)

Go Rockets !!!

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I haven't listened yet, but I hope the 'win grind-it-out playoff games' character of the Rockets is discussed.

9. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

awesome podcast.... I really miss these ....

I've long said that Westbrook is the dwight Howard of point guards.....

wont refine his game.
    wont adapt
    wont accept a role that could be successful but not how you wanna play
    and he thinks hes something that hes not......

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

MK two games away from naked coverage:eek:

Thanks for the pod, always enjoy them.

Really was a strange game by Harden. He was much better late, but the body language and lack of energy for a lot of the night was hard to figure out.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thank you for bringing up the strange behavior of Harden in the game. Those were flashes of the Spurs Game and I was like, "Uh oh, not again!"

Something happens to him from time to time. If he doesn't tell us what's going on, we will never know. But hopefully, he has matured enough to get that off quickly and not throw a whole game to the dump.

I never buy the fatigue angle. If anything, Harden plays better in B2B. He can't be tired in the first 5 minutes of a game.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Another excellent podcast from you and MK, @Clutch. Add my kudos to @Easy’s for bringing up the inexplicable moments Harden had last night and throughout the series. I don’t know if it was the “Gobert Effect,” Utah’s overall terrific defense, or what, but we saw what the pair of you saw. While Harden was making a big impact in other areas, as you point out, his offense had strange lapses. I hope those lapses disappear against whoever we play in the next series. That team won’t have Rudy Gobert, and thank goodness for that!

#12 Deckard, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    BamBam and Easy like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WOW!! Hilarious!! LOVE IT

Rocket River

skroodup25 likes this.
  14. Zergling

Zergling Member

I was surprised MK Bower just started noticing James Harden completely taking possessions off on offense. I've noticed it throughout the season and he even did it earlier in the series. It actually reminds me of the infamous T-Mac @ Toronto game where he was barely across midcourt and that signified the end of his time in Houston.

I don't know why he does that but I'm wondering if it's basically some next level energy conservation tactic. None of his teammates seem to notice nor mind when he does that so it might be planned.

Jake Tower likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think some of it is energy conservation. Playing the long game in the game. LeBron has done this. It also allows the team to play 4 on 4 if Harden is at half court with a player attached to him. And it gives CP3 more space.

pippendagimp and jcmoon like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch's podcast with MK was excellent as usual. Great analysis.

Come for the Rockets analysis.....but finish with the Westbrook chaser! A doozy from Clutch.