1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is looking damn good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He seems to have an extra bounce in his step the last couple games and I'm loving it. It may have to do with all the attention Harden's getting but I think it's more than that. Once we get Clint back up to snuff we'll be ready to knock out GS next round.

IvanLCPM, ramotadab, Plowman and 24 others like this.
  2. anchel

anchel Member

Yea, I was surprised by the dunk, and he's finishing down the rim better than during RS. Cross your fingers...

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

positive: FG 47.4%, FT 93%
    Negative: 5 of 24 from the three

BasketMAD likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If he wasn’t making those midrange shots we’d be getting blown out. Dude is a huge difference Maker

5. xaos

xaos Member

So glad you made this thread. I agree! He has done an excellent job keeping us in games and understanding when to be Chris Paul - The Clippers CP3 and when to be Chris Paul - James Harden's teammate.

He also seems to get his hands on about any ball that comes near him. His three point shot has been complete garbage, but it hasn't stopped him from being a really effective player.

It's clear that he took the approach of keeping his body right for the playoffs, even if it means taking it easier during the season. It's kind of annoying how quickly a lot of people in Houston are/were quick to write him off.

There are legit concerns about his contract, but I'm sure the consensus is that if he plays a key role in us getting a ring that's all that matters. He is definitely showing signs of being able to play that role.

IvanLCPM, Plowman, Raider17 and 14 others like this.
  6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Mitchell should have never poked the dragon last night. Game 5 will be an obliteration of the spazz.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He's a bulldog and I'm liking what I'm seeing out of him.

BaselineFade, jcf and xaos like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was great, but I wish he didn't have to over exert himself like that in round 1. I want to Harden to take ownership of this series in game 5 and put them away.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He has always been a feisty player with a really high competitive spirit.

That part of him is never going to change.

I am actually concerned about his 3 point shooting for the next round.

For us to win that series, CP has to shoot a high volume of 3s and at a high %.

harold bingo and BaselineFade like this.
  10. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

He's definitely showing a lot more explosion in the series. But like others have said, you almost dont want him to use it too much quite yet ... Hopefully he doesn't have to try to get 40 again like last year to close out the jazz. Time for a big harden game i hope.

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Anyone got video of his dunk?

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

He will be ready. He plays well when it matters the most.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

That's a good point and it's hard not to be worried when he goes aggressively for a loose ball or when he hits the floor hard. A part of me just says "it's the playoffs and this is the time to do it. Don't look past your opponent." The other side says, "take it easy CP3. We need 100% of CP3 vs the Warriors!"

BaselineFade, Andre0087 and HP3 like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

exceed expectation?

Grade from me,
    Tucker A
    Gordon A-

Paul B+
    Harden B
    Capela B-

Rivers C+
    Green C
    Faried D
    House F

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

He has to lead us..... Playoff Harden is here.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was even better last year pre-injury.

Nelly, Mathloom, Voltik and 1 other person like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If we win the championship, everyone will shut the hell up about his contract. I surely hope we do, because the contract he received was completely justified and I would of done the same if I were Morey/Fertitta. No other amount of role players worth a total of $40M would have elevated us to championship contender, so money well spent.

I loved watching Chris turn it up last night. I'm hoping he saves that for the 2nd round.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

all the Clutchfans Doomers would've SWORN to you 2 months ago that he had declined, or even fallen off a cliff.

What kind of 34yo, injury-prone PG chasing a title won't limit himself during the regular season? Paul is fine. Dude is still a superstar.

BaselineFade and xaos like this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure what you were expecting from Rivers to give him a C+. But I would give him at least a B+. Can’t really ask him to do much more than he is. Solid defense timely threes. I think he lead us in plus minus.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would bet they won't because this is a forum and people never really shut up 4 gud you know.

The risk was always if he goes down, then the 40 Million goes down for a while. Rinse repeat.

It was never really about his skillset or leadership.

It is one thing to build for 1 Championship or Bust, or for a Dynasty. I prefer they build for the Dynasty.

And for that they need more stars, younger stars.

#20 daywalker02, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019