1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s amazing to me that Stephen Curry seems to always get a pass by the media

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RetroRockets, Apr 16, 2019.

1. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

this guy is the most protected superstar I have ever seen. When the warriors lose it never seems to be his fault according to the sports media. The last time I can remember he actually took heat from the media about a loss was in 2016. And even then they kept shielding him with the injury excuse.

I wanna almost feel sorry for Durant, but I can’t because I predicted this from the start( those dudes in the Bay Area are never gonna blame curry for anything). The fact that the league had pretty much figured out in the 2016 playoffs that trapping curry is the way to pretty much halt the warriors motion offense was great. But then Durant threw these guys a lifejacket and joined them. Curry would still have 1 ring if it weren’t for Durant. And that ring was a joke because every team they played that year had an injured starting pg.

Codman made a post about a year ago when I was just a lurker on these forums and hadn’t decided to be a member yet about why he believed curry was protected and Draymond and Durant seemed to always be seen as distractions and the reason they lose. He said it was a D&D topic so I will leave it at that. But the fact remains even if the warriors won the title in 2016 more than likely draymond green would have been finals mvp

He gets tons of passes on awards too, last season he played less than the required 57 game minimum to qualify for all-nba. Cp3 played more games, had better stats, his team had the best record in the league and still curry was put on all-nba and cp3 was somehow left off

Deuce, B-Bob, BigShasta and 9 others like this.
  2. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Lol just last week Durant was getting all of the blame in the media. But the last 2 games he has shown why he is superior to curry

I wonder will the sjw media blame curry for stinking it up againist an 8th seed today. Harden at least has an excuse Utah had the best def rating in the nba and had an SRS of over 5.

Sorry I have to say it. Curry’s skintone protects him from criticism that guys like Harden, Lebron and Durant don’t get the benefit of and it’s sad

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

He is the golden boy; he can do nothing wrong. He does have an innocent looking face.

Deuce, chadyang and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Katie iced the game.

SC might be protected but it's not like any criticism is really important.... I mean they won like 3 ships, he won one without Durant.

It's not going to matter much anyway. He has done what others could not in a lifetime.

"Oh well, you could not lead your team to a 4th championship"......."Really? That is why we have 4 Allstars and a fellow MVP, me saving my breath"

Davidson was not as highly decorated. He was taken 7th, decent but nobody would care if he turned out as a role player.

#4 daywalker02, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Curry makes the Warriors the Warriors.

Durant is the superior player in a vacuum, but within that offensive system Curry is the MVP. The amount of attention he draws from defenses off the ball is nuts. He creates so many open looks for teammates just with his gravity.

Durant won a close Finals MVP over Curry last year. If Curry is considered the more likeable player, it’s more because of his temperament with the media than anything racial, as I see it.

Koperboy, tmoney1101 and daywalker02 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never got too deep into all those skin tone stuff.....

I always thought the best player up to that point it was considered Lebron, he got all the coverage.

Steph just got second most. Well, I thought most of it was because he was the best shooter and he had all that success.

7. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Criticism is a great way to see if your star player is mentally tough. So far curry in his NBA career has had it easy. He can miss a billion games a year and still make all nba. Can you imagine if curry was having the year harden had this year lol. Would the media still give the mvp too Giannis because the bucks had the best record. HELL NO

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your beef is with the media.

Kobe had it easy too early on. It's not something you as a fan can control where those dudes land.

Harden was traded to Houston, he did not go willingly, but once he became a superstar, he relished it, grew his brand in this very town.

MVP award is not MVP award anymore. I touched on it in another thread.

It has become a Most Valuable New Guy Award.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Curry has the same impact on the warriors that harden has on the rockets. But it’s all curry 24/7 in the media

When harden is not playing for the rockets their offensive rating goes from the 2nd best in nba history to 27th in the league

Harden gets slighted by tnt, espn, and other networks. It’s crazy how curry is not trending on twitter but harden did last night

rgw20014life likes this.
  10. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Using Lebron is not helping your case

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

YES! This is my favorite thread in Clutchfans history.

Dude has got a pass his whole career because he is surrounded by talent and he is very likable. Media and fans alike don't want to admit it either.

BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, that is good because I dun have a CASE other than the case sensitive.

I am not the one throwing the race card.

But if you want to talk about it, you can sue the entire world because a lot of ppl I know they like mixed raced kids.

I am just here for the playoff TALK!

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What else amazes you?

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah seriously. The dude puts up a terrible shooting performance, is less impactful than harden was yesterday, but no one bats an eyelash. Take note that Curry is also notorious for sub par play in the playoffs. Luckily for him, he has a super team to pick him up when he’s “injured” or “not 100%”. Meanwhile, Harden is crucified because he couldn’t win chips with Ryan Anderson and EGo, or with CP3 on the shelf.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

to be fair doe, curry is pretty.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There’s a minimum game requirement for all-NBA? I believe Hakeem also played only 56 games one year and still made 3rd team All-NBA.

When you say Chris Paul had better stats, what do you mean?

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

They're the super team.
    Durant and Greene make more money than curry plus they broke bulls regular season win record.

18. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

CP3 was 1st in rpm and was the 2nd best iso scorer in the league.. and like i said the rockets had the best record in the league. cp3 should have made all nba over curry

19. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

but Durant and green get criticized when they play bad. Curry does not, that's the point of this thread

saleem likes this.
  20. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Who cares. Steph is a media darling and Harden isn’t. Simple as that.