1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Harden’s Evolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hou$tonScrew$tonTX, Apr 20, 2019.

1. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good Article.

Rocket River

BigMaloe and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Very interesting read, not just for how Harden evolved but how the Rockets still have work to do to solve some of the new defenses teams like the Bucks can throw at him.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Funny we dont see this in depth analysis of Giannis. Oh yea cause his game is just dunks....how exciting. I'm still waiting on the Kobe details Giannis lol

5. MystikArkitect

Good read. We’re blessed to have a player like Harden (a top 30 all time player at this point, lol I stil can’t believe we got this lucky) who doesn’t mire in his deficiencies but willing to work on them.

I was as mad as anyone after the Spurs series but didn’t doubt he’d figure it out to a degree.

I didn’t expect him to become the greatest offensive player of all time because of it though.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sure, but a defensive version could get wild considering the space he can cover with his length and speed.

jsilencio likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I've been watching clips of playoff series from before last season and it's amazing how much his game has evolved. He has so many moves now that he really is virtually unguardable.

And despite the media narrative, he doesn't rely on foul calls to score. He's good enough to get 30 without a single free throw. Getting to the line simply means he'll score 40-50 now.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

Not just dunks... UNASSISTED dunks!

D-rock, BigMaloe, Easy and 5 others like this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Naw man, that guy Jim Jackson or w.e his name is that played for the suns could do the same thing when he played for D’Antoni.

burlesk, D-rock, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  10. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

This.
    It used to be that Harden was seeking contact for free throws every trip down the court. Now he’s looking to score, but if he gets fouled it’s an added bonus. He doesn’t need free throws to get his points.

BamBam, D-rock, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I said this before the jazz series n is looking like a genius....that myth that harden still needs freethrows is do old n needs to die

12. MystikArkitect

It’d get to him too. He’d get flustered and then deteriorate throughout the game.

Now he doesn’t trip. He resets, and understands that if he’s not going to get the calls he’ll unleash another option.

13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Where is the breakdown of how the Greek Freak is completely changing the game and how game plans are drafted to stop him and him alone, oh wait he isn't doing that....good article though.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Zach Lowe on @tinman 's shitte list or not? need a ruling

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Developing the floater is a win/win. It's adds another lethal aspect to his game, and limits the need for contact in the paint. Less chance of an injury.

I have been amazed at how the man has improved his game, esp. on defense. I think a lot of voters are gonna regret choosing Giannis.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This important tidbit was discussed by Brevin Knight and Vince Carter during NBAtv's postgame coverage. The inability to understand that conversation by the host offended me, as he steered the conversation back to "why not play him straight up, you're just giving him a free pass." It's baffling how stupid some tv analysts and hosts are today. The old players played under a different sent of defensive and offensive rules and really don't understand anything (Shaq, Kenny, Charles). Knight and Carter were doing a pretty good job there...I'll try to find the clip and post it later. But the main point here is that Rubio and Gobert (most of the time) were doing a decent job of implementing their scheme, but it takes a team effort and Mitchell is screwing things up for them.

D-rock, YallMean and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... Lowe could have framed this piece far better.

So the whole piece is about how the league has looked for ways to stop Harden and he has become unstoppable.

Yet Lowe voted for Westbrook and Gianis.

Whatever dude. Kiss my arse.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He voted for Kawhi and put Harden ahead of Westbrook on his ballot.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We’ll never know...but I’ll always think Harden was hurt or concussed in that Game 6. No way you can chalk it up to just being tired.

Having said that...it is beyond absurd how much he has improved in just 2 seasons since then.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Things started getting better after he dumped the Kardashian