1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried is a Firecracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Apr 15, 2019.

1. mockster

mockster Member

I love this dudes energy, barley played 15 minutes and had a very efficient game. His dunks and energy brought the fans and team into the game just that tad bit more.

This guy along with house will be difference makers for us this playoff run

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

9th worst player (out of 10) on the floor for us. It's great to have a 9th guy of his calibre, but don't be fooled by the antics. The only time our defense wasn't air tight was when he was on the floor.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m not saying BS. But don’t discount what this thread is about. This guy hustles and takes high percentage shots.

tmoney1101, bj3175, mockster and 8 others like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Love Kenneth's energy, hope we can keep him around, even though i agree with Mathloom, our defense looked meh when he was out there (with Gerald), in some games Mike will probably sit him in favor of Nene, just like he did yesterday with Gerald to play Shumpert.

6. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I'm not sure about Faried's defense being exposed as much as it was Favors capitalizing the switches. More so than Gobert, Favors has an offensive game and can play bigger. They did this in the regular season when Gobert sat, Favors became there #1 option in PNR situations. On our part, it's more of an adjustment that we need to make. I didn't see Faried get beat by his man much at all last game; he just got switched onto the perimeter and Favors had easy rim runs against CP.

To my surprise, MDA recognized this in the 3rd and immediately put in PJ Tucker alongside Faried which worked wonderfully.

vupac1, mockster, UTSA2step and 7 others like this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I am so proud of MDA for playing Faried last night. I was really worried he wouldn’t throw him in there and go with NeNe

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Glad to see he is in the playoff rotation. Hustle and rebounding are often overlooked keys to the game.

UTSA2step, jboslett, Tfor3 and 5 others like this.
  9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Part of it is me not being able to see a lot of the Rockets regular season games this year so I'm still not quite used to seeing him on the floor.

And part of it is me having shitty eyesight.

But Faried always gets me. I see an awesome dunk and I think, "Whoah, Nene is really feeling it tonight!" and I get flashbacks to that playoff performance where I think he was 12 of 12 from the floor.

Then I realize I'm a dumbass.

I'm not the only one am I?

I also thought Nene would get run this game ahead of Faried.

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I love Nene, but we need Faried's energy in every game. Nene can give us 5-6 valuable minutes at best, which can be useful at times, but nothing more than that.

D-rock, UTSA2step and hakeem94 like this.
  11. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

It was a layup line for Utah every second he was on the court.

Drogba likes this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

MDA better play him AT LEAST 15 min every night. Gives Capela a much needed breather and we get EASY buckets whenever Faried is on the floor against opponents bench units.

But I have a feeling we may see Tucker 5 in MDA Small Ball lineup..

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

not likely this series. mda made it a point that they won't be playing small here, so one of faried, capela, or nene will always be in the game at C

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

UNDERRATED

HEAVILY!

D-rock and mockster like this.
  15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Honestly, Capela, CP3 being out a good part of the season was a blessing for this team. The other role players got a chance to play their roles in game-time situations. You could see Green, Faried, Rivers, house play full out the entire way because they know what they're capable of. This is how coach pop coached his team.

vupac1, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I didn't say he doesn't do those things. It's just that the net result of his time on the floor is poor in comparison to the rest of this team and the average contender. We're not trying to win the hustle championships. We're trying to outscore everyone by scoring more than we get scored on. The whole point of hustle is to get the point differential.

The reason this happens is because he is a really bad defender. You can do everything right and if you are as bad a defender as Faried, it's going to make you worth the minimum. Which is fine, because we're paying him the minimum and aren't exactly loaded with options.

This whole circle jerk happens because a lot of people subconsciously assume that if you hustle, rebound and dunk a lot it means you can't possible be hurting your team on the whole. That's a myth, and Faried would be $15m+ per season if it were true.

Still, love the guy, happy with his effort and role. I like the energy and Nene hasn't been able to give consistent minutes.

harold bingo likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA and the Rockets were resting Faried's knees and other injuries. Faried wasn't in the dog house, he was just nicked up.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's a good idea, but only when Gobert is out.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Love that he's active around the rim and his strong rebounding. i've also noticed that his defense has improved since joining the team. Thank you Jeff BizD!

D-rock likes this.
  20. mockster

mockster Member

I think his criticism on defense is a little overblown. He’s a wildcard. Once in a while he will blow it but in my eyes a very good defensive player compared to majority of players in the league. He’s the type of guy that can go on a block party. And although energy isn’t considered defense per say but you can’t replace those type of high energy diving for loose ball plays

Tbh I still want to see the Capela faried team up from time to time. I remember them blocking everybody, rebounding everything

And just in general he’s fun to watch, his dunks look exciting and cool. He can really throw it down hard in style, pumps the fans and the team up

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.