1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Rose Voted James Harden as the NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Two things...

1. They started playing B roll for Giannis when Jaylen said he picked Harden. You can't make this stuff up. :p

2. Dude on the right admits that MVP is about narrative, and then tries to tell us that this year was about Giannis more than Harden. Man, if you want to go off best player on best team, whatever...but don't say narrative and then try and claim that this wasn't the James Harden season.

3. No Chill Rocket

Jalen doing God’s work

Rock Block, Houstunna and DreamShook like this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Who cares, giannis is winning time to move on.

MrButtocks, DreamShook and J Sizzle like this.
  5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Who is the guy on the right again? That was the most honest take I've ever heard about how the media views the MVP award.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

its sad that Jalen has to explain himself to the overwhelming amount of Giannis dickriders.

Why not? likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What's interesting about *story of the season* aspect is that was used for Westbrook in not only the triple double but Westbrook keeping his team afloat after the "villain KD left." That is something Rachel Nichols really held onto.

Harden's scoring run this season is the *story of the season* to me. BUT, if you already like Giannis, you say that Giannis "becoming the NEW face of the NBA (move over LeBron)" is the story.

Like Rose said, the "WOW factor" on a DAILY BASIS for Harden TOLD us what the story of the season was. It was the story because it was discussed daily.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden lost so I don’t really care...Harden will never win another MVP unless the Rockets win 65+ again with no other team all that close to achieving around the same record

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Clutch likes this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Russell Westbrook's team in 2017 was the 6th seed, with a 47-35 record. That's a terrible comparison to make, just because of "stats".

Harden put this team on his shoulders and literally made it a contender. Harden willed the entire organization back to life.

I don't care what team you put Harden on. He is the Most Valuable Player, on any team, with any teammate next to him, period.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What a wasted opportunity failing the 2 seed.

Giannis may've still won, but 2 seed MVP sounds more credible than four.

D-rock and s3ts like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

As I said in another thread: Years from now, when Harden's historic season is still being discussed, a Giannis MVP will be looked at the same way we now look at MCW winning Rookie of the Year in 2014.

Deuce, clutchdabear, Why not? and 2 others like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Former Football player. He is usually a substitute on Highly Questionable.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

This 6th best conference record and 10th best in the league disagrees:

[​IMG]

"But Westbrook had an historic year!"

[​IMG]

Deuce, D-rock, s3ts and 3 others like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Are we all going to ignore this woman in the middle co-signed Harden as MVP? If Cari Champion was there, and Jalen announced Harden as his MVP, she would have fallen out of her chair and demand Jalen reconsider.

Deuce, D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

@topfive to @Houstunna:

[​IMG]

Houstunna and topfive like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Jalen: My MVP is... James Harden.

Cari Champion: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Deuce, D-rock, BeBreezy and 2 others like this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

His "story of the season" argument is kind of lame to me, but I realize that it holds sway with sports media who's job is literally to communicate the stories of the NBA season. It's just totally subjective and permits personal bias to enter into the picture too easily. There is no more compelling a story this year as what Harden did -- essentially reinventing how ISO ball can work in the modern NBA.

I do agree with his point that people can make too much out of magic numbers that have never been achieved before. I don't think that's a particular good basis for an MVP vote either.

Deuce and Why not? like this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wack answers derive from wack reasoning.

Guy on the right says Giannis because Harden’s greatness was already known and he already won MVP. I bet he’s voted or thought LeBron/Curry deserved MVPs after their first one. But with Harden, one is the limit.

Then, while propping Giannis, he conveniently ignores his new coach. A coach with previous good history.

Giannis supporters do not practice honestly or integrity.

D-rock likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Congrats to Jalen on giving Jim his one and only first place vote! ;):rolleyes: