1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets will play the Utah Jazz in the first round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 10, 2019.

1. H-town Ballistics

I was looking forward to a Hou vs OKC match up!

D-rock likes this.
  2. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

2-2, but our first game against them was game 4 of the season, second was game 24 ... IE both losses were within the often mentioned 11-14 start to the season. We're a completely different team now.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Calling me out now? LOL

I don't think Harden will have a sense of entitlement, I think the Rockets have shown a lack of focus this year against teams they think they are better than. That's cool if you disagree.

DaDakota and J Sizzle like this.
  4. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

This, it’s better to just get warriors early W or L

If we win hope we don’t have OKC wcf and hope everyone still healthy after the warriors war series

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The hope was that the Warriors would have to face a gauntlet and maybe even get knocked off, much as the Sonics did when the Rockets won the title thanks to the assist from Dikembe.

bj3175 likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

well, I mean, you called out half the peeps in the whole thread, right, then applied that group thinking to the Rockets? lulz

btw: the Entitlement excuse is why GSW didn't win 60 games, too. Narratives write themselves...or, Tautologies write their own conclusions, always! If that's your one fear of Utah, that only the Rockets can beat themselves via cockiness, relax. That's why we play 4 of 7 games.

#186 heypartner, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    bulkatron and SamFisher like this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

This. All potential first round opponents were going to be tough because the West is so stacked this year. It's no surprise seeds were shuffling dramatically on the last day of the season.

I don't care what round we match up with GS, the path to the Finals goes through them anyway.

Time to show up and play.

slothy420 and YOLO like this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

4-5 matchup with homecourt, where do I remember this before.....at least there’s no boozer...

Nelly and bulkatron like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not assuming anything, trust me, but just throwing this out there:

IF we get past the Jazz and then Golden State, we'll have home court in the WCF against anyone except Denver or Portland.

So if it happens to be Rockets-Thunder in the WCF, we'd have HCA.

First things first, though...

jcmoon likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are correct.

DD

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We'll have home court over everyone but Golden State, Denver, Portland, Milwaukee, and Toronto.

topfive likes this.
  12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

/thread

people are so hung up on playing the warriors second round when we literally would have to play them either way. Knowing thats the case, I rather play them with a lower mileage CP3, the one we needed and our lost key to a championship last year.

I'd take the Jazz any day first round over SA, and especially OKC.

Rox11 likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This will be a very different series. Harden despite what his detractors in the media insinuate is not a playoff choker like T-Mac. He's gotten his team out of the first round 3 of the last 4 seasons and to the WCF in 2 of the last 4.

Also, this Rockets team is far deeper and more talented than the Jazz. Despite having homecourt and 2 better superstars in Yao and T-Mac, you could argue Utah had the superior overall team in 2007. We were relying on Chuck Hayes as our starting 4, Rafer Alston as our starting PG, and our bench was Juwan Howard, Luther Head, and Deke.

Rox11 likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm hoping Utah puts up a fight and takes us 7 games while the Warriors cakewalk through the Clippers.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Can you just imagine how Jazz fans feel

JuanValdez and heypartner like this.
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

b'bolic faints...

17. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The truth of the matter is to be the Man you got to beat the Man. What i fear is not the Warriors its that things in the NBA are constructed based on whats best for the NBA. I am worried that no matter how good the Rockets are can they be good enough to beat the in-game manipulation stuff. Harden can be stopped if they call him for hard defense but yet don't call all the hacks that he is getting going to the hole

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

those guys choked like they were swallowing a 30ft amazonian ANACONDA

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Tanked my ticket resell value smfh.. Rockets in 4. Jazz suck. F whats that stats say.