1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injured yet again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Jan 7, 2019.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Giant9erRocket is the member formerly know as TheAce. Trash poster. You guys are wasting your time engaging him.

YOLO likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Wasn't he a cop?

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Don't know what his problem is. Maybe he's been sued, or maybe he really just can't afford a game of bowling because of "people like me".

4. Falcons Talon

I've been to three therapy sessions so far. I'm happy to say they are helping. The treating doctor ordered PT four times a week for two weeks, three times for 3 weeks, twice a week for three weeks, and once a week for three weeks. For right now, they have me on TENS therapy, ultrasound, and massage. That TENS treatment with a warm pack feels great. The muscle massage to finish each session is something I really don't look forward to.
    I have a feeling stretching is going to be in the near future and that I am dreading.
    I'm thinking about getting a portable TENS/EMS Unit. I can just leave the electrodes on during the work day and use it any time I feel discomfort.....which is like the whole day.

#44 Falcons Talon, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  5. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I get the sense that you look like you have a very punchable face.

YOLO and Falcons Talon like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Oh, wow, I had forgotten about that guy. This explains things.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

He's on page 35.

[​IMG]

8. Falcons Talon

This bruising is spreading as expected. The good news is I am able to carefully walk a little without the crutches.

1-6-19 Sunday hamstring 1-6-19.jpg

1-8-19 Tuesday hamstring 1-8-19.jpg

1-10-19 Thursday hamstring 1-10-19.jpg

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

10. Buck Turgidson

You should swap user names with him.

11. Falcons Talon

So I've been going to physical therapy and doctor follow ups. I'm off of crutches, and walking very cautiously. If I do anything that stretches or contracts the hamstring, I get a painful wake up call from the hamstring telling me not to do that. The bruising is subsiding in the hamstring but has spread to my calf. There is still swelling and there is constant pressure from my glutes down my hamstring to the backside of my knee. It's been very uncomfortable to be at work, and I can't seem to ever get comfortable sitting at work or at home.

Exiled likes this.
  12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Figured I should come back to Clutchfans and offer my sympathy. (after going to youtube to watch bowling fails)

B-Bob and Falcons Talon like this.
  13. Falcons Talon

I can't believe it's only been three weeks since this happened. It seems like so much longer. The good news is I'm able to walk around normally as long as I don't overextend my stride. However, I still can't do anything that causes me to use use or stretch the hamstring. I'm still going to therapy 3x per week and it still consists of TENS therapy, ultrasound, and percussion massage. No stretching or strengthening yet. I was told by the therapist that the doc may have to order an MRI.

The bad news is that that constant pressure is still there from my glutes to the back of my knee. While the therapy does a good job of pain relief on my hamstring, that pressure is pretty much always there when I sit down. I'm sitting at my desk right now and I'm definitely aware of it. I'll make sure I point that out to the doc next time he sees me though.

I never realized how slow the healing process is on muscles. I've come to realize that just because I'm healing and can walk normally does not mean I'm healed.

heypartner likes this.
  14. Falcons Talon

Got my MRI's. I got the MRI on my hamstring Feb 25 and the MRI on my back March 19 for the injuries from January 4th.

The hamstring showed, contusions, edema, microtears, and some other stuff I cant recall.

The back showed 3 slightly herniated discs, L3 through L5, with L5 being the worst at 3 mm. Doc said that makes sense since I'm showing symptoms only when i positioned a certain way.

Hamstring therapy is over and I am walking normally, but exercise is off limits until they can get some treatment on my back. I have chiropracter adjustments to go through now.

I am attaching a side by side of the hamstring MRI from Feb 25 and the bruising from Jan 10.

Hopefully I'm coming close to the end of this ordeal now that they know what exactly is going on.

Attached Files:

• sbs.jpg
      sbs.jpg
      File size:
      107.4 KB
      Views:
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry to hear this. keep an eye on the herniated disc issue. Had my L4-L5 incident fifteen years ago and lost feeling in my foot. One laminectomy later, I was like new. Only problem now is arthritis setting in at the same spot, some day I'm probably going to need a new disc. getting old ain't for sissies

16. droxford

droxford Member

My paper cut has healed.

17. Falcons Talon

I'm not looking forward to that. Hopefully, since its a minor herniation, more conservative treatment will be all that's needed. I had an adjustment and damn if it didn't hurt like a mofo for awhile. After that wore off, if felt like nothing had changed, but I have to go through it.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. Falcons Talon

Thank God.;)

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Boo this man. Boo.

20. droxford

droxford Member

Thanks, eveyone, for your thoughts and prayers!