1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Key to a championship is Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 24, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Looking back at the 2018 WCF you can see there were many games where Gordon was matching Klay Thompson pound for pound in essence he is our third offensive star and our Klay Thompson. Thing is this highly depends on how well EGO can shoot. We absolutely need EGO to catch fire and shoot how he did tonight in NOLA if were going to win a chip or atleast need a third scorer to match Klay if EGO can’t get it going ALA Rivers or House

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The trade chip agrees

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sounds like it could be fun if it works out.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Look it up.. i have called EGO the "x factor" for this team... time and time again Harden and Paul and said EGO is a big part of what we do...and that is the absolute truth.

We need him...and he is showing up..that is all we can ask for.

ramotadab, BeBreezy and hakeem94 like this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

The key to championship is shoot from the three.
    Series ave is 40%.

6. jowman

jowman Member

Gordon is streaky BUT assuming everyone plays their normal game he is the deciding factor between rockets being just a good team vs warriors beaters.

We absolutely need to gamble and keep him next year, hoping he can still have big games when we need it. We are not getting comparable value for him in a trade or with using his dollars on another player. Doubt we even get an average starting caliber player back for him, so to trade a guy capable of playing all star caliber level when he’s hot is simply losing too much talent.

hakeem94, Hakeemtheking and Cashmoney like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

gordon yes, house very possible, rivers no

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na I love him for this year..I'm ready to move on tho after this year. We need butler. Ego is sacrifice

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wrong, it all depends on how much fun he’s having

11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

My favorite non harden for a long time. I pretty much lost faith in him after this season tho. Now he's back to his old self and I'm buying in again. Cotdam it! lol

How do you go from automatic to Corey Brewer?

Glad he's back but I'm still uneasy about when it's gonna go away again.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. PhiSlammaJamma

All five starters will need to match the GS starters. Which is why PJ tucker is such a liability. We need Gordon, PJ, and Capella to elevate and play above their heads just to compete. It's asking too much if you ask me. The only way this works is if Harden goes psycho to overcome our talent deficit. And that is possible. But asking our role players to play at an All Star level in every game is just tough.

BasketMAD likes this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

While the OP is correct about Gordon, our success, especially against a team like the Worriers, will hinder on a dark horse. Imo, the only one coming in from the bench capable of hitting 5 out 6 three pointers is House. Perhaps MDA sees the same thing cause he is giving House a lot of playing time.

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It's great when Gordon is on...but yeah, in general if we shoot even decent from three(>33%) we have a good chance to win any game.

16. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

That wasn’t even 5 yrs ago. Man we dodged a big one.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope his streak continues all the way through the playoffs. He has been shooting at (.424) from behind the arc since Feb 21st. The scary part is that we have all seen him go through slumps. But, lets hope the hot streak continues. Yes, we need him to win it all.b He's our second highest scorer behind James!!!!

It also helps that since Feb 21st PJ is 38/76 (.500) from behind the arc. Paul is 33/98 (.337), and I'd love to see him get back hot from the arc as well. Rivers is (.286) 14/49. With Rivers in the lineup we need House in as well to have a better 3 PT shooter on the court. House is 19/36 (.528) since coming back.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We not only need him this year, but we need to keep him next year, unless we fork up the dough and snag. Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler

#18 deb4rockets, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    BeBreezy likes this.
  19. Voltik

Voltik Member

He missed so many layups against the Spurs. He hasn’t been doing as well this year in the paint or shooting. I don’t think we can replace Gordon easily, it’s a huge risk just like Ariza. If he continues to decline then we need to find a similar skill set player who won’t be cheap.

BasketMAD likes this.
  20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Ugh...I'm not sure I could be a Rockets fan if we signed Klay Thompson. But, I thought the same thing about Austin Rivers and have slowly come around. Butler would be ideal I think.