1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the POTUS and his followers

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Thoughts and Prayers to all victims.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont agree with everything he says. Which particular quote are you referencing?

4. MystikArkitect

That diversity is not a strength.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Anyone else find it ironically globalist for an Australian white nationalist to commit terrorism in New Zealand in an attempt to impact the discourse in the United States?

Btw, New Zealand abolished capital punishment in 1989. They do have life sentences that are literally for life. You can be paroled, but with conditions and with the chance that you be put back in prison for your life term if you violated parole. Just FYI.

But it was interesting to see how @dachuda86 went immediately to the mental health defense to deflect from blaming New Zealand's easy access to guns. If its not mental illness, will we have to confront the fact that people are in their nature evil?

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Some people are just crazy sick, man. Their hate on people who are different from them blinds them to the fact they are actually killing a human being. It's just pure madness.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

As a fellow muslim, I am so damn tired of Islamophobia

Hope this dude burns in hell

8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

My prayers go out to the victims and the families of the victims.

Parents lost their kids in this senseless tragedy, and kids lost their parents. Let that sink in for a damn moment before we go into keyboard warrior mode.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not just evil, but impressionable also. Words from people with clout matter. Social media discourse matters. What is spread online through reductive memes and click bait articles matter.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Also called out Candace Owens:

#90 zeeshan2, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  11. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I agree. And the blatant hypocrisy is getting a little tiring. In this very thread, we collectively went into a "mental health" or "gun control" debate immediately, and while those are important issues we should discuss, why isn't "another white person killed non-whites" being discussed. And please understand that this is NOT a condemnation of all white people by any means (believe me, I am on the other end of those stereotypes and generalizations, so I fully understand and believe that a few outliers does not represent a group of people as a whole). But in this specific case, religion was CLEARLY his motivation here. He went into a place of worship during Friday prayers, when he knew he could kill the most Muslims, and went through and slaughtered as many innocent people as he could.

But conversely, when there are outliers in any other race, we immediately condemn the entire group of people. Obvious examples come to mind; all Muslims are terrorists (if the roles were reversed here, we all know damn well that our president would call for another ban of Muslims entering our country), or that Mexicans are drug dealers are rapists, so we should separate kids from their families, and then build a really really high wall.

And I ask my clutchfans brethren here, am I off-base here? I don't mean to attack any poster(s) here at all, but isn't there blatant hypocrisy among us as a whole? Don't we pick and choose our talking points, and willfully ignore others important factors?

zeeshan2 and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

I didn't realize New Zealand has such relaxed gun laws.

14. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The videos are horrific. Facebook gave this loser a platform.

Did not read it, it was removed. But the fact that he posted 74 pages indicates he was not r****ded or mentally deficient. He was fueled by anger and hate and society is to blame when they elect Trump.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea I mean look at this

Nippystix likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

There have been a number of slaughters/attacks by radicalized Islamic terrorists in the West over the last 5 years or so which have had threads created about them on here.

I don't think those threads were filled with xenophobic type sentiments but I maybe wrong. The "mental health" thing has been played in those situations as well.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I thought it's a given that people has the capacity for evil (and all the way to saintliness). Sorry, but evil potential is in you. I think the more interesting and much harder question is what is the default state, and how some people fall into the evil side and what can be done to reduce that chance.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

This is why religion needs to go. We do not need to seperate ourself on how we believe in God based on clothes, language, and days of worship.

Hundreds of millions of people have died throughout history over religion.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Has it really though? Are you telling me that every time there has been a "terrorist" attack by a brown man, the first 2 topics discussed are either gun laws or mental health? I call BS on your statement.

I also find it very interesting that you call these people "radicalized Islamic terrorists." What is this shooter then? Conveniently, he's probably just a lone shooter with mental health problems, huh?

Intentionally or not, I feel that this mindset perpetuates the problem.

BaselineFade and superfob like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Ehhh....

I don't see many posters on here saying that all Muslims are terrorists or all Mexicans are drug dealers....... as the vast majority of posters on this site point out that the exception doesn't make the rule..... so no, you are not going to see these same posters claiming it is because the shooter was white.

I will tell you what I tell everyone that gets sick and tired of the status quo..... whether it is white middle class college kids complaining over $100,000 in student loans, or black men sick of being treated like a stereotype....... or women sick of being treated like second class citizens........ VOTE and encourage others to vote if you want to change things. The demographics of the USA are changing quickly.... exercise you right to speak up BUT also vote and support those that advance your positions.