1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

By glancing thru his manifesto his “mental health” seemed fine, but I guess that is all relative. He planned this out for 2 years and he studied other white supremacists/ethnoseperatists. This was a calculated counterattack or act of revenge in his eyes.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody on this forum strikes me as the type that frequent white nationalist websites. Who are you referring to?

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My coworker showed me a portion of the video and now my day is ruined. This was horrific.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He literally just killed 40+ people and you are worried about understanding his motive?

Should we have dug our head in the sand and not tried to understand the motive of Tim McVeigh or the 9/11 attackers or the Pulse night club shooter or the seeming complete lack of motive for the Vegas shooter?

#64 robbie380, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Deji McGever, ryano2009 and mdrowe00 like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but it seemed pretty bluntly clear to me after I skimmed it. I didn’t see any intentional misdirections maybe you read it deeper and saw some, but the guy laid out his ideology and intent clearly to me.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You know I don’t need to single anyone out here and you know the white nationalist websites that are trafficked in the right wing community. These are mainstream now and you guys don’t even realize it.

This is pretty damn mainstream:

Then there are the FB groups, 4 Chan, YouTube channels, Reddit sub forums, etc. etc. Steve Bannon himself proudly claimed Breitbart the platform for the alt right.

This is the mainstream media for the Republican Party that you guys are exposing yourself to daily and it can lead to some pretty bad stuff.

My whole point is, you guys are in these groups and interact with potential radicalized individuals. The defensive nature of the response from people in this community is counterproductive.

JayGoogle, dmoneybangbang and Rashmon like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When a presidental candidate from one of the two mainstream parties feels comfortable enough to go in front of a national television audience and make a assertion that he wants to ban an entire religious group from entering this country without fearing an immediate backlash where he essentially becomes unelectable, we have a systemic hate problem .

That statement alone should have ended his campaign. It strengthen it. And it genuinely scares me.

#67 fchowd0311, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harris’s thing is more about trying to support reform of Islamic beliefs to bring it into the 21 century (like changing laws and attitudes regarding apostasy, blasphemy, women’s rights). Not drumming up fear or hatred against peaceful Muslims.

He’s definitely not the name I think of when an attack like this occurs.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If the tucker show is white nationalist and alt right then i am guilty. I guess i will slowly back out of this thread....

Rashmon likes this.
  10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

There are absolutely posters here that frequent 8chan's /pol/ section, which is where this shooter posted. Many of the right wing memes and talking points you see here are originated from there. I've seen screenshots from that forum posted here on multiple occassions.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Seems like majority of it is full of "memes" and a giant troll job on his part. Part about him being a trained xyz and such is definitely a meme.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another Victory for the alt-right. MAGA can be proud of their Kiwi brother.

CometsWin and vlaurelio like this.
  13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The ones that are successful are based upon legitimate concerns, which after being continually ignored finally give way, and the solutions that get proposed at that point where concern has given way to desperation are where it gets murky, they don't happen in vacuums.

If you want to see this in real time, watch what happens if Brexit is overturned and a large portion of the public have a legitimate reason to feel democracy is nothing more than a sham, make absolute sure to let them know that they should just accept what "their betters" think.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Sam Harris isn't an Islamaphobe and he certainly has nothing to do with what happened in NZ.

DonnyMost and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Okay........ her heart is "heavy with grief" because she hasn't figured out how to use it to her political advantage yet.

16. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Just because we do not have sympathy for his cause or believe that his redress is faulty, doesn't mean he is crazy.

Perfectly sane people can hold views that the majority of people find disgusting.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I just made the mistake of watching a minute of the video. I don't really have any words.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

19. MystikArkitect

Do you agree with what Tucker said in a simple yes or no?

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Sanity being relative. A sane person doesn't commit mass murder, IMO.

Of course my idea of sanity is not the legal definition nor the clinical version.

Hate is easily developed. I can see how negative opinions are easily formed and when surrounded by like minded opinions it becomes hate.