1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump's tweet:

AroundTheWorld, Astrodome and B-Bob like this.
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This guy is worse than Steve King. Very disturbing to view his pages.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Don’t get me started on those black/Hispanic males

4. malakas

malakas Member

"The politics subforum of 8chan, known as /pol/, is the home of the site’s white supremacist community. It is there that the attacker posted news of his intention to go on a shooting spree, writing “it’s time to stop shitposting and time to make a real life effort post”.

The announcement was received with glee from users on the site, who wished the terrorist “best of luck” and said they “can’t wait to see the news reports”. Some did express concern that the news would result in 8Chan getting shut down, although one noted that a ban “would force us to start working IRL”.

Disgusting.
    But that australian senator should also be investigated if he's a member of this community.

Numerous examples in history that ideas are as dangerous and can be such as epidemic as virus and cause as many deaths.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Quit whining.

pgabriel likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Impressive statement from New Zealand's Prime Minister in such a difficult time... says that some of the victims may be immigrants, and some may be refugees, but "they are us."

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Whining? Reporting that the official statement came from the president's press secretary is whining? Especially after then reporting trump's tweet?

You choose the oddest time to be hyperdefensive of trump...

8. Nook

Nook Member

It is a separate issue, but if Australia and NZ don’t want religious Muslims in their country, then that is their right and they can pass laws to that effect.

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Stop being so F-ing defensive about this guys. You know who you are too.

If guns aren’t the problem then his (or their in this case) ideology must be the problem. Their ideology which is shared by many of you. It’s just the truth that you want a political solution. Not a violent one.

However the ideology is certainly shared, defended, or given a rosey taken of with many of you here. I saw the video unfortunately and don’t recommend it. The only thing you learn is the guy has a hard on for Putin/Russian ethno nationalism.

I don’t blame you folks here at all FYI. But you guys have to stop being defensive and play a role in helping to try and stop the spread of this stuff. When you see a friend say something off hand that goes over the line... call it out. When you guys go to your white nationalist website, you need to be calling this out and being a change within your own community. And yes... I know you guys go to the same Freaking websites this guy does. Do not even play dumb there.

What is obvious here is the increasing danger of this ideology. Stop F-ing getting defensive and start taking positive action or you might as well be defending it on its face.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No, you just talk **** about trump at every opportunity. Just shut the heck up occasionally. No one cares that the statement wasnt from trump. He tweeted his condolences minutes later. Go back to you WTF trump thread and post some propaganda.

Roc Paint, pgabriel and cml750 like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If only trump could find New Zealand on the map ...

CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

There is a "Ignore" button that will spare you the stress caused by seeing my posts. I have suggested this to you before, but apparently you prefer to complain inappropriately about my posts than solve your problem.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No stress here. Keep shitposting.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

" I Donald J. Trump am calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States"

"Thousands upon thousands of Muslims celebrating 9/11 on the streets of Jersey City".

Dude is part of the problem. Deal with it.

#54 fchowd0311, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dude. Just stop. It comes off as defensive and I don’t think you are purposefully doing it but it’s coming off like that.

No you and others that voted for Trump are not advocating for terrorist attacks but it’s time for you guys to start policing your own communities online. Obviously big tech isn’t up for the job. The right wing community needs good people to clean up the hate extremes that will 100% always lead to violence.

Trumpism is a big arm of the overall white nationalist global movement. It just is reality man.

16. NewRoxFan

Your second sentence contradicts your first sentence. Interesting, in your compulsion to complain about my posts, you are drawing more attention to trump than my posts do. But I understand, my posts make you less comfortable about your support of trump, and so you get angry at me. Again, the "ignore" button works.

Rashmon likes this.
  17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Yes, Sam Harris, he's an Islamaphobe to the nth degree. He claims to be an intellectual and somehow states Islam to be something to be really terrified about. Fact is we have climate change, nuclear weapons, inequality, etc as more likely threats to civilization. He let's his tribal feelings influence his thought process. He's a philosopher, if he had a mathematics background I would be way more inclined to listen to his garbage.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Be careful about reacting to his manifesto and thinking you know what it means. The guy is part of deep internet sub culture and his manifesto is full of things that are intentional misdirections and media bait

19. NewRoxFan

Kamala Harris statement:

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I think it is instructive to always remember how 90% of Repubs are hanging with Trump who is viewed by racist killers like this shooter as a hero and inspiration to their movement.

conquistador#11 likes this.