1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our race for a playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see us as 3, MAYBE 2...

But, with a bullet....

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

rockets will leap frog the thunder for sure, but i do not want them in round 1... i think we will get the 3 spot if we remain healthy the rest of the year. im not quite sold on portland. only 1 game over .500 against the west.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Lets hope for a magic 52 wins and 4th seed to get passed blaze. Going 14-5 along the way.

If you look at the remaining schedule from Mar. 5 to April 9th.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/hou

-19 Games Left. Next two are question marks. Toronto and Philly could be losses or Wins its a toss up on how bad they want this seeding and to have home court. If some how they might pull a game up in toronto lose at home, maybe loss at GSW at home as well.

Bucks and denver games could be losses. Away games with clippers and Okc in finally, are 7 possible losses there, the rest is easy id assume. 12-7 ? But i say we win againt clips away,and close out okc on the road to start hot in playoffs. - Be nice to win that okc game to get to host portland at home.

Losses : Next two Raptors, Sixers.
    Golden State at Toyota center March 13.
    Bucks and Denver on Mar 26-28
    Win All the rest
    14-5 prediction 52 wins gets us that 4th seed, blazers 5th seed

4. sheb

sheb Member

Look at Portland’s remaining schedule, only difficult game I see is OKC

Idk seem like they will get the 3 spot

Hope rockets pull it off though

5. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Circumstance has changed. They no longer holds the HCA through finals. The team has been troubled with injuries. Building confidence/chemistry is necessary to even get to the WCF this year

DaDakota likes this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

If we land in the 3rd spot (and 5-6 overall in league), harden's chance for MVP goes up dramatically.

"The Rockets, who were 14th in the Western Conference standings after stumbling to an 11-14 start, are 38-25 and one game out of the No. 3 seed."

7. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

With the way Denver has been playing and a tough schedule ahead for them...The 2 spot is possible. They play all the Team in the west that great being for a playoff spot or position. They play us, and the Blazers and GS twice.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

If nuggets lose to Lakers and GS this week, 2 seed is possible..

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That would be insane if the rockets can grab that 2 spot all things considered.

If we go 2-1 against Toronto Philadelphia and GS.

We got the 3 seed wrapped up imo.

We’re going to beat the dog **** out of the bucks I guarantee that. Harden bout to go off for 50 against Giannis and get another mvp trophy.

Rockets could potentially close the season out at 22-2 over their last 25 games. Obviously that’s an insane 24 game stretch but I like our chances if we get 2/3 against the big dogs coming up.

55 wins might get the 2 seed it Forsure gets the 3 seed.

I think the rockets are healthy and hitting that stride on both sides of the floor. Imo we’re clearly the 2nd best team in the league again. Should be favored against everyone but GS and we might be favored against them.

lilbird20 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I want a Nene insurance..a taller Center as 3rd backup...and a 3rd legit PG..chiozza wasn’t renewed

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, as others have said, the number 2 seed looks like a possibility. Pretty amazing considering the poor start to the season. I'm not going to predict a 2 seed. Everything would have to fall in favor for the Rockets for that to happen. But, I'd be thrilled with the 3 seed also. It's really going to be a dogfight this final month of the season.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

juts play solid fundamentals basketball and stay healthy for the playoffs... seeding is a fools gold

ico4498 and Sajan like this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets can absolutely get the 2nd seed, but they have to play great basketball for the next 19 games. They have to go at least 16-3(maybe 15-4 depending on what Portland does). Which means no more losses at home. And certainly no more losses to inferior teams.

14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Portland is a little better than they where before additions of Kanter and mainly Rodney Hood. They cant beat us though

15. Voltik

Voltik Member

I think we can get by with Harden, CP3, Rivers, Gordon, Green, Shumpert lineup of guards with Harden and Rivers being the primary ball handlers. Rivers is our CP3 insurance that we didn’t have.

What we desperately need is a SF/PF who can shoot the 3 ball, rebound, and defend the perimeter so we can go small with Harden or Tucker being the center on the defensive end while stretching the floor on offense.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets now tied for 3rd.

RealRocFan47 and BaselineFade like this.
  17. jowman

jowman Member

Great job! Also good job by Memphis and Minnesota handling business for us.

Earnie Banks and BaselineFade like this.
  18. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

3rd seed baby!!! With the Thunder and Blazers facing off on Thursday. We have a good chance to secure our position with a win on Friday

Today was a good day

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

only 3.5 games behind Denver for the #2 seed, DEN has the 2nd hardest schedule behind OKC.

Is it possible?

20. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Especially since we can knock off a full game if we beat them, and the fact that they play GS and Portland Twice...2nd is very attainable..

BaselineFade likes this.