1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron wants Luke Walton out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ashleyem, Jan 26, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cowturd:

Luke Walton is done. I can confirm from 3 different sources I trust. I've also been told Ty Lue 75-80% chance will be the next coach.

Highest probability of what they'll look like next year although it's not set in stone:

Ty Lue is HC
    LeBron is your star
    Anthony Davis via Klutch Sports is next to LeBron
    Kuzma or Ingram, one of those two will not be traded to get AD and that's your team.

You will hear Kyrie's name
    You will hear Klay's name
    You will hear KD (many will dismiss it but I'm told he doesn't want to leave California)

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Thats like if LeBron said that he wants guys who can go off for 50 and Magic proceeds to sign Corey Brewer, Terrence Ross, and Andre Miller, and Brandon Jennings. While LeBron was incorrect in his belief that increased off-ball play by him would increase his effectiveness, that's no excuse to sign zero shooters whatsoever.

Patience likes this.
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Lebron, the NBA version of the Apprentice.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Rondo fits the bill of tough playmaker. LeBron the GM has a pretty bad track record. Actually with his power of influence in team building, if he was smarter in that, he could have won more championships in Cleveland.

RockingRox and J.R. like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have heard Ty Lue, Jason Kidd and Mark Jackson as names floated. FYI Mark Jackson is repped by KLUTCH.

Regarding Anthony Davis...... answer me this.

In July, if Kyrie Irving goes with KD to the Knicks and if Boston then pulls back and does not offer Tatum in an Anthony Davis trade.....then what? What if the offers are Jaylen Brown+Picks vs Lakers core vs mystery team offer?

7. amaru

amaru Member

Puke Walton sucks

8. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

And Stephenson and Beasley? It doesn't excuse letting Randle and Lopez walk either.

Where do the extra titles in Cleveland come from? Even if Irving doesn't get traded (even tho LeBron disapproved of a trade), how do they beat the Warriors in '17 or '18? They weren't even close in those matchups.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, I am not saying that the Lakers are blameless. I love how LeBron and the Lakers deserve each other. :D

To recount the whole history of LeBron's GM-ing will be a long post and I don't have the time to do it. I am sure many people on this board can if they want to. He had some bad roster demands back even in the days of his first Cavs tenure. The only thing that saved him in Miami was Riley's toughness in not catering to his whims. Again, I am not saying that the Cleveland FO was blameless. But the FO was not the only culprit for never able to build a dominant team having LeBron as the cornerstone. LeBron has a role in making his own bed too.

Anyway, whenever the star player tries to play the GM role, it usually doesn't end well. In fact, it usually is not a good idea to let the coach be the GM.

Sajan likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Call me crazy but i don't think Ainge trades for Davis if Irving is leaving. I might be wrong but, moving Tatum (Brown and picks is not better than the Lakers package, especially with their pick being in lottery) and pieces for Davis expiring doesn't make sense to me if Irving bolts.

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I know its a joke, but I did see Lue at summer league with Lebron, also in person at the Rams/Cowboys playoff game with Rondo, Beas, Javale, and others. They are at least still cool. I'm not sure who Lebron would want as a coach that is available. He should have just signed with the Spurs.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Right, so then where does that leave an Anthony Davis trade? Lakers? anyone else have a package as good as the Lakers at that point?

Lakers have a shot at Davis if Kyrie leaves.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Isn't there still a team that can offer the services of a former 6th man of the year plus a few future 1st Rounders? ;);)

14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Hey Magic, get me someone that can ball while I sit over here bake cookies - don't worry I'll activate when time is right - you'll see

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why are they catering to a 34 year old player? They should have never signed Lebron, he is not going to stick around at this level for much longer, already showing signs of decline.

They should have let the young guys develop ala Philly.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  16. omgTHEpotential

LeBron hasn't been the same for a couple years now. Harden is a better defender than him in the regular season.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

LeBron still has that extra gear for the playoffs that other players don't seem to have. Too bad the Lakers won't be making the playoffs.....

18. MystikArkitect

Why would Anthony Davis go play with 34 yo Lebron in the West when he can cakewalk to the finals in the east with a better team in Boston?

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah cause he coasts and paces himself in the east playing with 2 superstars all the time

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If Lebron stayed out of the front office and didn’t constantly make short sighted decisions regarding personnel, it’s extremely likely that he would have been on a 50+ win team.

Also, Miami definitely would have won 50 games without him the first couple of seasons.