1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] 59 games into season, Rockets may finally be at full strength for first time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

https://m.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-may-finally-be-full-strength-James-Harden-13642918.php?utm_campaign=sftwitter&utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Desktop)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

With Rockets guard James Harden upgraded to "probable" and forward Iman Shumpert cleared to play on Monday, the Rockets could, for the first time this season, be at full strength for Monday's game against the Hawks.
    Harden, coming back from a strained neck, said he is still a game-time decision, depending on how he responds to Monday's workout.

"I don't know," Harden said of his chances to play after missing Saturday's game against the Warriors. "It's my first time dribbling a basketball in three days. We'll see. I feel better. Every day I've gotten better."

Harden said he ran into a teammate on a screen in practice Wednesday in Los Angeles. He scored 30 points with six rebounds and six assists the next day, but was playing in pain and with the flu.

"I wasn't really able to move my neck," Harden said. "It affected me, not just basketball, but day-to-day in life, walking around. It was frustrating. We got a big-time win. Things went well.

"It (the win against the Warriors) was beautiful, man, beautiful. Guys really got after it defensively, offensively looked great. Guys stepped up. I can name each and every guy stepped up offensively or defensively. Great to see."

Asked if he thought Harden would play, Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said, "Knowing James Harden, yes. It's not written in stone, but yes."

That would make Monday's the first game of the season with no player out because of an injury.

"Coach talked about that earlier, in the film session," Harden said. "It's the first time all year we had a full roster. Even without me last game, guys looked really great. Hopefully, I can come in and contribute."

Shumpert had sat out each of the first two games after the All-Star break with a sore right knee, giving him nearly two weeks to treat and strengthen the muscles around the knee. With Harden and Shumpert available and Kenneth Faried playing as a power forward, the Rockets could have a 10-player rotation and, if Faried starts, their 18th starting lineup of the season.

"It's kind of weird because it hasn't been like that all year," forward P.J. Tucker said. "Everybody is available. I think it'll be different. Everybody will have to adjust because he needed some guys at some points of the season and sometimes not. Everybody will have to adjust minutes and the rotation. But I think it's great for our team to get everybody back and see how it's going to be.

"Having everybody will kind of put a strain on a lot of guys that have helped us out and still need. I think it's everybody getting an understanding and a feel for how it's going be with everybody healthy.

"We want to win and we know the team we can be and we want to be. Now, it's time to show it."

TracywtFacy, DaDakota, solid and 5 others like this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Until CP3 gets hurt in a few games.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden and Shumpert need to sit out until they're not even on the injury report.

If we play tonight the way we played against the Warriors, we don't need Harden against the Hawks.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

*Rockets may finally be at full strength for first time

* House

BallSoHarden, Handles and chadyang like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Ban-worthy post

6. amaru

amaru Member

You know this team is bipolar and will probably end up in a close game against the Hawks after old man Carter windmills on us lol

Handles, adw, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

“That would make Monday's the first game of the season with no player out because of an injury.”

[​IMG]

Sajan, adw, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, last time this was said, Shump went out with a mysterious sore knee. I guess since it's a game day, declaring it now is a little safer.

9. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Hey man, wrong place. This is where you want to be: http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/

I think they ask that you to make a couple of comments on threads before you can create your own. Anyway, you'll fit right in.

clutchdabear, adw and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Hawks at home. I would sit Harden one more game not only for the injury but for "load management" as well.

We're less likely to take the Hawks lightly if Harden is out. With Shumpert boosting the bench, we'd have enough to beat them. Would like to see Chris Paul imposing his will on the game one more time too, getting role guys more confident.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na I'm always of the mind u need to get cp3 clint harden in sink with all these new guys. Play them if u can. We need to get gelled. The more we can show we can all when with each guy being able to be themselves the better.

Cause what's the fake narrative right now...can harden pull back n play with cp3 lol. Even tho we know he can. But it would be good to kill that national narrative as soon as possible before it festers

Handles and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't care about narrative tbh, doesn't affect the W/L. I find it more important to give Harden a small rest. One game could boost him a lot combined with all star break rest and the last game. Could have nagging injuries, Harden never tells. They can gel in 22 games rather than 23, I don't see that as a problem. Harden seeing these role guys hit some shots will strengthen the chemistry. Those guys hitting those shots will pick up their confidence. The way these guys play/move doesn't change based on whether Harden or Paul is handling the ball anyway.

If there's any game you're going to rest Harden, better now than the last few games of the season. At home against the Hawks who just went 2-5 on a 7-game homestand. Going to be a dog fight the rest of the way. Hope Harden takes it easy.

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I will believe this team is at full strength when I see it for a few games in a row. Sometimes, you are just snakebit.

14. riko

riko Member

This team can be great all it needs for Chris to stay healthy along with the supporting cast

15. dje243

dje243 Member

We’re not at full strength. Harden isn’t healthy. He needs to sit until he is.

16. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Harden (shoulder), Shumpert (ongoing knee issues), and we still need to get House back.

Almost healthy, but not quite.