1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Manimal at the four could be a boost to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

I was in grad school for engineering and had an assignment to create some engineering standards. It just so happened that the company I worked for really needed a standard in an applicable subject matter so I took it upon my self to create one, and use it for school and work.

My professor accused me of plagiarism. It was one of the most insulting accusations ever levied against me.

I think this guy is just joking. Surely he doesn't understand how insulting a plagiarism accusation is, especially for a journalist.

D-rock, Clutch, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Faried made the Warriors pay with 2 made 3s in 4 attempts. Props to D'Antoni for giving him the confidence to let them fly, and Kenneth for practicing on them so often, his form doesn't even look that bad tbh.

If he can replicate such performances (1-2 3PTA, 35%+), then I'm glad to keep him alongside Clint. But if Kenneth misses those 3s, we either go to overtime or lose thanks to a possible fast break opportunity by GS.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

If that's not marketing for free-agents I don't know what is. D'Antoni's offense literally brought him from his grave. Same with Green and to some degree Rivers. Players should be fighting to get on this team.

BaselineFade, YaoMing#1 and Houstunna like this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

Faried makes mistakes on D, but often makes up with hustle. But the person that's really the liability is Gerald Green. This guy has been atrocious on defensive assignments & with shot selection

RichieBanks and chadyang like this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Faried needs to hit 1/3 if he is going to take that shot.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

My fear was that we would only use Faried as a small ball backup 5 - essentially replacing Nene... which would just get our 2nd unit even smaller...

I've been lobbying to play him at the 4 and give PJ some rest - while giving us a little more front court size for rebounding and rim protection...

I'm not sold that he has to start... I'd like us to stagger PJ and Faried at the 4... let PJ start at 4... then slide him to the 3 when we bring in Faried - and have Faried next to Nene for the second unit...bc I def think the 2nd unit should have both Nene + Faried... along with CP3 and a couple gunners (EGo/GG/Rivers)... fast break points and working the ball into the paint on halfcourt sets...

#46 kjayp, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  7. s3ts

s3ts Member

I remember that layup from RW late in the 4th.

Russell split that pick on the wing, getting past Faried. By that time, he had only a few games under his belt as a Rocket, so I gave him a pass.

But the help defenders in CP and Harden, that was embarrassing. I feel like that was worse than the defensive assignment on Faried.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

I actually sorta agree, he makes some boneheaded plays sometimes. Love his shot when its rolling but when its not, it brutal to watch. I am hoping Shumps takes his minutes and we have Green off the bench for a spark whenever we have a cold spell with 3s...

saleem likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want to see Shumps get healthy and play well for us. I believe House would a better fit than him as a 3. Shumps could defend SG's more confidently. I like your comments about Green and Faried.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

GG is one of my favorite guys as a person... but he is a prime example of why you cant just give guys the green light to shoot 24/7... lol
    He and EGo need coaching imo... both shoot much better when they get their toes up to the line, square up and get set... but EGo chucking from 3 or 4 feet behind the arc and GG throwing up quick off balance stuff really drives me crazy...
    I really wish MDA would work a bit harder at teaching guys to take smart shots instead of just trying to ensure we throw up 50+ 3 pt attempts a night... imo...

RichieBanks and saleem like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Faried most likely won't he would ask for more...

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The numbers are clear, Clutch is a better GM than Morey

13. xaos

xaos Member

Clutch doesn't even read Clutchfans :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Morey has hinted at taking risks recently and a willingness to try things. Faried at the 4 is the type of move he is likely talking about. I think we will overall see a lot of these types of risks fail but we may see a few pan out at least in certain match ups.

I am somewhat optimistic because MDA is extremely bright at basketball and willing to take chances.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A scintillating column, @Clutch, expressing the stunned surprise the rest of us feel watching the Manimal roar. I certainly didn't expect this! I also like your recap of the Rockets/Oakland game. We can't know whether this will last, but man, is it great to feel a surge of optimism about the playoffs.

16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i was as shocked as yall were when i saw him hit them 3s like ray allen lmao the f*ck

RichieBanks likes this.
  17. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Apologies Clutch! I wasn’t being serious, what I meant was we had the same idea about Kenneth Faried. Glad we think alike :) btw your article was beautifully written and I’m a big fan of your work.

I know you would never lift words, you’re literally the GOAT here.

Rashmon, smp and hakeem94 like this.
  18. OpportunityCost

Anything posted on Clutchfans automatically becomes the intellectual property of Clutchfans.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. OpportunityCost

Great minds think alike.

20. OpportunityCost

I like having Faried play the 4 and Tucker the 3 - seems like their natural positions.

BaselineFade likes this.