1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden questionable for Saturday with cervical strain

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 22, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden look like r Kelly if he ever trims that beard!

Step in the name of love looking Ashe!

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

You know that Lakers are coming. Sacramento looks even more dangerous with Barnes instead of Shump.

Either I’m being paranoid or you guys aren’t taking the remaining schedule game serious enough.

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

DeMarcus cousins looking to kirate chop like he did to Harrison Barnes.

Harden can't get scared now after the dirty plays he been dishing out!

The last 8 games are major because rockets have light final 15 games after this.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm taking it very seriously. That's why I want Harden to sit this one out. As it stands, if we beat the Warriors it's almost a fluke, and a fluke can be achieved without Harden too.

This team is breaking down left and right man. When the owner deflates this season in the interest of future seasons, you have to adjust your strategy. This is the flip side of having the most valuable player in the NBA, it generally means you have a concentration risk.

roslolian likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope Harden plays

Stormy1234 and CHI like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Honestly, I bet Harden plays. It is a neck strain. We know how Harden is.

I hope Harden gets his 30+ points and the Rockets win.

D-rock, foggy94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

The owner & GM took the season off. James can take a game off. He deserves it, he's earned it.
    Mike can coach this one game without Harden bailing him out. As Mike likes to say, "He'll be fine!" Mike, you'll be fine.

"But they're only [X] games back from missing the playoffs! Every game matters!"

Yeah, well I wish they thought of they when they took the season off & decided to cut costs.

chadyang, BigMaloe, lionaire and 7 others like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Next man up! Time for Chris Chiozza to take over.

chadyang, D-rock, solid and 2 others like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think it would be good for James to miss a game .

The rest of the guys need to build some confidence that they can play without him . I think the streak is weighing heavily on the mental state of everyone else .

Granted GS might not be the best game for the "others" to try to step up .... but , since GS is so good .... maybe if we don't get blown out then we can at least claim a moral victory .

10. threepointshot3

Are you a r****d ? He is averaging 36 points on the lowest shot attempts ever for that average. Jordan’s 37 points was done on 6 more attempts then hardens 36. He has been scoring his 30 and getting his teammates involved.

You sound like a like a butt hurt Lin fan. I wonder how many multiple ids you have suka. You lin fans can’t even control urselfs at the name of harden lol

#90 threepointshot3, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  11. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

the nba is wwe bro, we saw what happens when you try and knock off lebron or currys warriors the league will step in. also the league is letting giannis travel and push so they can get him mvp. its wwe

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Trolling you milenials is too easy. Btw i hate Lin

14. Caprah

Caprah Member

What indications have you seen that they can step up in the face adversity? Right now we can’t afford to experiment . We need wins bad because we are losing ground with the fourth seed fast

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Who needs Harden when we've got THIS guy?

[​IMG]

16. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

They should pull a Spurs, and rest Harden, CP3, Gordon and Tucker. Roll with Capela, Scrubs and 10-day guys for at least one game. Gerald Green might put up 35 shots.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I haven't seen a lot of indications.... but that doesn't matter . They need to be able to do it. Because if we can only rely on James then we might as well tank . We aren't going to win with one player .

If they play a game without James .... they might have to remember how to play a little bit .

I don't care about seeding . Either the team will be in playoff form or it won't be . If we aren't at a significantly higher level in the playoffs it doesn't matter the seed , we will get crushed

18. Caprah

Caprah Member

You act like they do nothing when he is on the court. You see how many shots Gordon and Green take?They do plenty the issue is they are to streaky with or without Harden. Taking Harden our is not solving the issues. All it does make the team worse

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Sure . I don't think that's a novel take ... harden out makes the team worse .

But I think it could benefit us long term if the team played a game or two without him .

Gordon and green do take plenty of shots ... but what type of shot are they taking ?

I would like to see Gordon and green to try to work for a better shot vs jacking up a 3 .

Maybe if harden isn't in they suddenly aren't "open" on the perimeter and have to drive or pass .

20. Caprah

Caprah Member

Gordon drives plenty with harden in there and usually plays ISO when Paul is sitting and with James on the floor for mixed results. He is who he is.