1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First take : who is to blame for James Harden unhappiness

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

F this. I'm getting too old for this website.
    Is there a place for people who feel GOOD about the Rockets?

I feel sorry for Clutch. This is what his baby has become.

Clutchfans is literally the best site on the internet for haters of the Houston Rockets.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm gonna start having to actively avoid the garm. I don't watch these stupid ass shows for a reason, yet I have to come here and deal with a multitude of threads of all the dumb s**t they say.

I guess starting today I'm gonna try following through on my ignore list guarantee for people who start these threads.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yep, rollercoaster seasons typically bring out the worst of the group on CF.

This is what my experience starts feeling like, throughout the season:

[​IMG]

6. amaru

amaru Member

Lol y’all literally pay people to offend you. Doesn’t regular life do that enough for you?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

DM is a great GM.

His analytical system works. One all time great plus scrubs have produced multiple seasons of some of the most efficient offensive basketball ever. They also were oh so close to taking down one of, if not THE, greatest basketball teams of all time.

But, yes, ultimately, the blame is his for the Rockets not getting farther yet. The job is to assemble a championship team. Sure, he has to do that within the confines of whatever the owner wants salary cap wise, but let's not forgot it wasn't like Les was paying luxury tax year after year either. Or that any team really is.

We're on year #7 with Harden. It's a team game. It's up to DM to surround Harden with the talent to win a ring.

I mean it's basically an impossible job, lol. With the GSW out there. And as noted they got SO SO CLOSE. But it is what it is.

By no means am I suggesting to get rid of DM.

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

the only point they have is the point about MDA and Daryl Morey. They are not doing what is necessary to punish teams for overplaying James. I know Daryl has got to watch the dollars and keep the big picture in mind but Harden and Houston are being stigmatized in a way that will ward off any free agents wanting to come here. MDA might adjust the style and minutes of James now that the first half of the season is over. He needs to be coaching and getting these other players ready for a strong run and taking pressure off of James

BasketMAD, Denovo and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. seeingred

seeingred Member

His unhappiness today? Steph Curry. We're getting Clint back... they had to do something to mess with our chemistry. Maybe we can start a rumour that Klay slept with KD's mom...

10. macan

macan Member

BSPN: "James Harden should request to be traded to fakers"
    that would be their new narrative tomorrow..

Mazulis, hakeem94 and Stepback3GOOD like this.
  11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Here we go with this BS :rolleyes:

AroundTheWorld and juanm34 like this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

FAKE NEWS.

I hate to use that term, but it's accurate in this case.

Harden is not unhappy. He just wants a completely healthy roster to help carry the load.

Actually, Harden has publicly stated on more than one occasion that he's having fun playing basketball. He likes playing basketball, and will enjoy it even more when his team is healthy.

13. jb86

jb86 Member

Everybody relax... The team is back to full strength now. The ball will start moving more.

14. farr3l

farr3l Member

Not even sure JH is unhappy

15. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

When did James Harden say je was unhappy lol here they go with this bs

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm encouraged by the responses in this thread so far, at least.

For a while we knew that these shows fabricate facts are not not privy to closed doors conversations (outside of Woj and a few select people in select markets).

Now it's like we want them to be accurate.

Increasingly, people are using James Harden's inner thoughts as "evidence" for their agenda. They want to connect several events as dots and conjecture Tilman/Morey's long term strategy. We just don't know what we don't know at this point. As someone who works in data science / empirical analysis, this type of political-style rhetorical debate is just exhausting.

#16 napalm06, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Is James Harden actually unhappy? I get that we have a lot of dead air that needs to be filled with hardly any sports going on til the NBA resumes on Thursday, but this seems like they're grasping at straws.

I don't disagree with Stephen A about CP3's contract being a major issue. Harden may not be unhappy yet, but he will be in the near future. Especially if Tilman winds up being a cheapskate with regard to the luxury tax in future seasons. Maybe the Rockets had a handshake agreement with Paul to take care of him after he opted into his final year and got traded here, but I really wish Morey and Tilman could've tried to talk him into "only" 35 mil a season.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol........

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

FAKE NEWS! HARDEN LOVER PLAYING WITH LUXURY TAX SAVING! FAKE NEWS MEDIA HATE BILLIONAIRES LIKE THE TILMAN! MAKE TAX AVOIDANCE GREAT AGAIN!

20. threepointshot3

When exactly did harden say he is unhappy ?

BigM likes this.