1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Raptors] Coach Nick Nurse: "Kawhi Not Motivated"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

****in Jerry West and his influence at GS.

Whoever dropped him at lala land (Buss Jr??) and pretended Kupcake (post-Kobe) was an adequate replacement doesn't know the blood, sweat, and tears that man puts in for his teams. He even made the team that drafted Big Country Reeves as cornerstone a perennial playoff contender in the west.

Clips are cursed but are in a better position now than what the Grizzlies were, so this will be another test for a man who already has 8 rings as an executive.

P.S. I don't think Nurse is dumb...just desperate or near rock bootom.

roslolian likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bruh I dont care how desperate he is criticizing your star like that and saying he needs to be motivated is asking to be fired lol. It's not like Kawhi will get kotivated after getting criticized on international tv we all know how that worked out for Pops.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^ If Dwayne Casey can accept his CoY award while Living in a Van Down By the River, then I assume Nick knows his goose is cooked come playoffs without a whiff at Finals.

Lovemachine2000 and roslolian like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Raptors are fine
    KAwhi is leaving though
    I think he is a Clipper by August
    Only question is who is going with him

Rocket River

5. TimDuncanDonaut

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t see how trading for Kawhi was dumb at all. The Raptors have a legit shot at making the finals for the 1st time in franchise history. Maybe Kawhi stays, but if not, oh well, at least they took the gamble instead of continuing to roll with the mediocre duo of Lowry and Derozan. It’s not like they gave up much of anything for Kawhi in the 1st place, and they would never get anything close to a Kawhi in free agency either. These are the risks some organizations need to take in order to get to the next level. I applaud them for trading for Kawhi and taking a chance. Lowry and Derozan had run its course, and Derozan isn’t even that good. If Kawhi leaves, then they can try and rebuild.

Lowry’s contract expires in the summer of 2020. Meanwhile, the Rockets are paying old ass, injury prone, declining CP3 until the summer of 2022. We wish Morey could have gotten CP3 on a deal anywhere close to what Lowry got. It’s damn near impossible to build around Harden now with CP3’s albatross deal.

malakas, raptorsguy, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

yeah great idea let's start another dellusional thread, post for 200 pages and then get shocked that he didn't sign here

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox literally did the same thing as the Raptors but they didnt use an asset for Cp3 suddenly Rox are dumb Raptors are smart? LOL! No wonder you don't think trading for Kawhi is dumb, anything other teams do is smart while anything the Rox do is dumb. You do realize "injury prone" Cp3 is playing right? Whereas Kawhi is on the bench with a bum knee or w/e?

Lowry and Derozan are mediocre? Yeah, they are so mediocre they would have reached ECF every year except for Lebron lol. And even if they were, Derozan was still an asset they lost for nothing if Kawhi leaves. OTH so whst if Cp3 is overpaid? He is still better than the 8M or so of capspace the Rox would have if they let him go for nothing.

Raptors trading away one of their best players "for a chance" is smart but the Rockets resigning their 2nd best player last year "for a chance" is dumb. Lol are you really a Rocket fan? Ujiri is just lucky Pascal Siakam is developing into a star otherwise they would be screwed next year.

Why are you so mad? If it doesnt work and we waste Harden's prime we would be in the same boat as the Raptors and would have to rebuild with an old declining cast. Thats not so bad according to you right?

#28 roslolian, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    mike2k132 and Louka like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

your rambling post isn’t saying much of anything

So now we’re just making sh*t up? Everything the Rockets do is dumb while every other team makes smart decisions? Yeah, never said that. Please don’t make sh*t up and then start arguing against what u made up.

the Rockets gave up assets for CP3...CP3 actually wanted to come here, so no, the Rockets did not do the same thing as the Raptors since Kawhi or any player close to his level would never be a Raptor unless they did that trade

Kawhi is playing, and yeah, CP3 is finally healthy, for now...his next injury is only a matter of time

yeah, Lowry and Derozan are a mediocre duo...neither are top 20 players, and they both consistently suck in the playoffs...there’s no way in hell they would beat BOS, PHI, or MIL this year

it absolutely is smart...they get the chance to possibly make the finals, retain a top 5 player, and if he leaves, Derozan is off the books while they rebuild...Lowry expires the following summer along with Ibaka...much better than continuing on with Lowry and Derozan

So what if CP3 is overpaid? Lol, his contract is only justifiable if the Rockets win a title. Everyone knows it’s an albatross deal and is a huge obstacle for building up the team. Who here would rather be paying CP3 until 2022 instead of Lowry until 2020? I am waiting to see how CP3 steps up in the playoffs, but if it’s just more of his regular season level of play then that contract only looks worse. I hope he resembles last year’s CP3 once the postseason starts.

Questioning my fanhood is corny and lame, get better material. Who said I was mad? Stop projecting.

#29 Reeko, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    raptorsguy and ElPigto like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm questioning your fanhood because look up the word "fan" in the dictionary. It certainly doesn't mean hating on the team for every reason imaginable. All you really do is complain and talk about how the Rox are screwed. Sorry but thats not what fans do you sound like a bitter old man using the Rox as an outlet for all the crappy things happening in your life.

According to you the Raptors are smart for taking a risk to possibly make the Finals so why are the Rockets dumb for taking a risk to make the Finals? Unlike the Raptors who didn't even reach the ECF at least the Rox took GSW to 7 games and would have won if Cp3 didnt get injured so you telling me the Rox are dumb for keeping Cp3 for another shot? At least the Rox have a realistic shot at the title according to you Raptors aren't gonna win against MIL, BOS and PHI so you think upgrading from Derozan to Kawhi changes that?

Why would Derozan "being off the books" smart while the Raptors rebuild? According to you the Raptors have no shot at a top free agent like Kawhi so why is getting rid of the best players they can get a smart idea? Derozan is an asset he is averaging 21 6 6 for the Spurs. Certainky he is better and younger than Lowry whom the Raps kept.

Lowry is literally 1 year younger than Cp3 their team is full of old players like Gasol and Serge Ibaka so their team will have as hard a time as the Rox will if they rebuild. 2 years gap doesn't matter we have Harden they have nobody if Kawhi leaves. Or at least nobody except Pascal who as I said came out of nowhere to save their team.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Your definition of fan seems to be the never ending optimist or delusional homer. That’s not mine. I watch every game, I go to several games every year, I go to playoff games, and I even travel to other cities to watch the team play on occasion. All that questioning my fanhood, u can go ahead and toss that in the trash. You keep projecting which is quite funny. If you’re not an eternal optimist on here that means your life is miserable? Maybe in your case. Speak for yourself.

The Rockets’ risk involves locking up a 33 yo CP3 to a 4 year max deal. The gamble almost paid off, and we had no choice but to re-sign CP3, but let’s not act like he isn’t on an albatross deal. The hope is that this albatross contract would come along with a title. Well, we almost got it last year, and now we’ve regressed and are even further from that goal. Our window with CP3 was incredibly small. Everyone with sense knew this. I didn’t think it would extend past this season unless we got a 3rd star which we haven’t been able to do.

Huh? Bro, what are u talking about? Kawhi>>>Derozan. The Raptors also got Danny Green in the trade. They upgraded big time. That pre-Kawhi team damn sure wasn’t gonna beat BOS, MIL, or PHI. This current TOR team is certainly capable of that and making the finals. Kawhi is consistently great in the playoffs and is capable of being the best player in any series between Toronto and any of the 3 mentioned teams. Derozan is consistently trash and had no chance of being the best player in a series.

It’s smart because who the hell is paying Derozan all that money while they’re rebuilding? U clean up the books so u can have more flexibility. I mean, this is obvious. They can take on bad contracts for assets for example. If you’re gonna get rid of Derozan, u might as well get a superstar like Kawhi back in return (a guy u would’ve never gotten otherwise), give yourself by far the best chance in franchise history of making the finals, and hope u can convince him to stay as unlikely as that is. How is that dumb? As if the alternative of continuing on with the duo of Lowry and Derozan or trading Derozan for decent picks and whatever package of players are more appealing options.

Lowry is 1 year younger, and his contract expires 2 years earlier. That’s the point. We have Harden, and CP3’s huge deal severely limiting how we can improve the team until it expires all the way in 2022. Gasol expires this summer. Lowry and Ibaka expire next summer. All these old guys you’re talking about will be gone soon if they choose not to retain them. In the meantime, u give yourself a shot at actually making the NBA finals, and if that doesn’t happen, and Kawhi leaves, they start the rebuild they were gonna have to do eventually anyways. U go all in, and if it fails, u begin the rebuild. That’s dumb why?

raptorsguy, Easy and saleem like this.
  12. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Unless there's a reversal of trends after the AS break, the Raptors look a lot closer to the Finals than we do. Now that they got Marc Gasol, they can legit compete with the anyone in the West. On the other hand, even if Capela comes back healthy, there's no way he can guard the elite bigs such as Cousins, Embiid, etc. Our frontline defense is not very good outside of Capela.

Crashlanded19, saleem and justtxyank like this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I agree with coach but can't say that **** in the media. Keep that in the locker/meeting room.

saleem, B-Bob and Deckard like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Eric Gordon needs to talk to Leonard how to have fun playing basketball.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A great and courageous post.

Reeko likes this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait what clint has shown he can gaurd elite bigs...see last year..im confused you think he can when its tape he did

17. awc713

awc713 Member

Cmon Nook, you’re better than that.