1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Apex Legends, a new Battle Royal game that's taking over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Anyone tried it? The quality of this game is outstanding for a free game. I've never played Fortnite because I thought it looked like a kid's game nor have I played Overwatch because it seemed way too much was going on. But this game has looped me in and I wonder if any other Clutchfanner has tried it and would like to play together?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fantastic game. I enjoyed fortnite but never particularly cared for the building mechanics. This game is more streamlined for those who just want a good shooter that is fast paced and exciting. The fact that it’s free is just awesome.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Same developers that made Titanfall series. I think this was supposed to be Titanfall 3 at some point but they pivoted to BR. Zero interference from EA reportedly.

The game is outstanding and has a chance to have the same longevity Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege do.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Probably the most refined shooter I've ever played.

The ping system is amazing. You can communicate effectively with your entire squad without saying a word.

They need to do a little gun balancing, and a few characters have totally useless abilities (Mirage) and low pick rates (Gibraltar), but otherwise the game is outstanding.

Them microtransaction prices tho. $10 for a BANNER? No thx.

JeffB likes this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Never really tried fortnite. Been playing blackout on cod for a while and then tried apex. for now I’m sticking with blackout, but I’m sure I will get into apex more soon.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Funny because this game appears to be more complicated than Fortnite, building and all.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm an old man who likes shooters but don't have the playing time to not get owned by squeaky sounding foul mouthed teens.

Can I play this?

JeffB, J Sizzle and Outlier like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I suck at all battle royale games. I dont get it. I could go into a FPS like Halo and and have a 2 K/D and then go into this game or fort nite and get 1 kill every 5 matches, piss off teammates cause they have to carry me. Its really frustrating. Also shoutout to Titanfall 2- still a great FPS that many didnt give a chance. Should be bought for the campaign alone.

JeffB and J Sizzle like this.
  9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

It’s all right.. not better than cod but better than fornite. If cod if a 9/10 I’ll give apex a 6/10

10. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Never really got into Fortnite, been playing PUBG. Building a new PC in the coming month, looking forward to trying this game!

11. MystikArkitect

Been wanting another FPS so maybe this’ll fit the bill. Really don’t like playing with a bunch of kids though.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Literally better than blackout in every way.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

The founders of Respawn are the people who created the first Call of Dutys.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

As someone who has played CounterStrike for like the past 50 billion years, I can not stick to playing a BR game. I lose interest in a week or so.

Fortnite = why am I building more than shooting people
    PUBG = run around for 10 mins without seeing anyone then getting popped by some dude hiding in a bathroom
    Apex Legends = will DL it this week and play. Hopefully it keeps my interest.

15. The Law

The Law Member

Played it with my Blackout crew when we are missing our 4th. It’s nice to have a 3-player BR game.

Not a fan of the shield system, they are over-powered. I shouldn’t have to carry around 150 rounds of ammo to get through one battle. I enjoy sniping but getting shot in the face should be an instant down.

If I have my choice I will play Blackout 10 out of 10 times but that might just be because I am really good at COD and not so much at APEX yet lol

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I downloaded it last week, but haven’t played it yet.

17. Beezy

Beezy Member

Been playing a decent amount. Lot of fun (for reference I played Fortnite once before uninstalling it). Unlocking cosmetics sucks though since you stop getting loot boxes with level ups and there are so many garbage filler items.

Gordon Hayward was playing with Dr. Disrespect on Twitch today. He was actually very good (I think he had 8 kills and saved the team with a double respawn in one game). He wanted to play more but his wife made him quit.

Watch Shroud play Apex on Twitch if you want to see what a human aim bot looks like.

#17 Beezy, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    JeffB likes this.
  18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

overwatch is dying

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's still a lot longer than others in the genre.

DonnyMost likes this.
  20. Beezy

Beezy Member

5 free loot boxes and a legendary Pathfinder skin if you have Twitch Prime (which is free if you have Amazon Prime).

www.twitch.tv/prime

Outlier likes this.