1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upset your franchise player ✓ Let all your FA's walk ✓ 40M/y contract to old man CP3 ✓

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ISOBall, Feb 16, 2019.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Refuse to take open mid range shots ✓ Penny pinching G Leaguers ✓ Can't call timeouts ✓ Financial trouble btw ✓ Small ball ISO ball the only ball ✓ Can't fill the seats ✓ Half the defense double the offense ✓ But there is no offense ✓ Wasting a prime year of one of the NBA's best ✓ Must be the three headed disease of the Rockets Tilman Morey D'Antoni ✓
    [​IMG]

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There's not even one man to blame here. We gambled with an all in, as we should have; right move at the time... and its looking like it failed. I wouldn't fire Mike or Morey.

Zergling, TMac'n, roslolian and 7 others like this.
  3. buffalobills!!!

Clutchfans right now: Sky is falling!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I've never seen it worse in terms of negativity since my lurking in mid-2005. See y'all GARMers in April.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’re lucky Harden is so loyal

surrounded by role players and scrubs for most of his time here, and the only stars he’s had are declining Dwight and aging CP3...he also plays in front of an empty arena every night

most stars would’ve pulled or would be thinking about pulling an AD or PG and bounce

RyanB, Supamanu, PeterKingX and 26 others like this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Fire tillman

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Whats going to be sad is when Harden does an Anthony Davis move, and we are left with ole man Paul and some scrubs playing here, looking like the new t puppies in the 2020 decade.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...it’s not exactly a positive time for the Houston Rockets, no? What exactly are we supposed to be overwhelmingly thrilled about outside of Harden scoring a lot of points?

Because our future assets, our future cap space, our current season relative to expectations...that’s all bad at this point. I’m sorry, but that’s just the way it is.

We’ll see if we can get healthy come April and if we can make a run. I hope that ends up being the case. Harden deserves it.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

People still have hope the team can come together .

A lot of people still had hope at this point in 15-16 too . We brought back most of the main guys and there was still time for ty Lawson to come around hahaha .

But seriously , it was a similar situation . The line of thinking went that we had our WCF team , just get healthy and into a groove .

Where my pessimism comes from is that we only have 25 games or so to find a rhythm ... and that's assuming we stay healthy .

There's a good 9 names on our roster . But it's flawed and we are soooo shallow at big forwards . We have to play small ... and playing small a whole game for multiple games in a row ... guys start to get worn out .

RichieBanks, kjayp and J Sizzle like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

They'll be fine. Rest is overrated. They can rest when they're dead.

[​IMG]

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great picture.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Clutchfans eventually turns on every coach the team has had. However, this is a bit premature even for this site’s standards.

Goodness, Chill out. What, you miss McHale?

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Should we all do "The Sky is Falling" now ..... o_O

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

The best idea is to trade the players when they are declining.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yup .

MDA has a huge blind spot with this .

Either he doesn't understand it .... or thinks he knows better and ignores it .

Maybe he thinks shooting slumps just happen out of the blue and have no correlation with guys having dead legs . But , if that was the case why stop playing Gary Clark ?

To me , the rockets really shot themselves in the foot by choosing not to continue developing Clark and house with NBA minutes . Those guys would have helped keep the load off PJ and gotten NBA experience . Then NOW during the final stretch we could start building PJ up . Instead PJ might die before the playoffs and we are in desperate need of someone to play backup 4 .... and coming down the stretch trying to work Clark or House back in will be difficult .

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

They've got less than that to integrate Capela back into things, and it looks like a lot less for whoever-comes-in-the-buyout and/or House. That said, this is a decent team. It's a team that needs to learn how to play 4 quarters (and like @JSizzle, I don't know that they ever will), but it's a team that, when fully healthy, should be able to compete with anyone. Including Philly, Toronto and yes, even the Boogie-Dubs.

With House, assuming he finds his January form, and that's a giant assumption considering how badly the Rockets have botched that whole thing, or if they miraculously find a sniper in the buyout market, they'll finally have someone who can sink those wide open 3s that Shump, EGo, Tucker et al, keep constantly missing.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

If Rivers and Faried walk for nothing in July, it is because of CBA rules and it is not "Tilman is cheap."

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He knows he's not a tactition. He doesn't build up raw players either.

Only trusts "his guys".

We gonna be gassed during crunch time...

I wonder if James blows up if he gets the choke label again

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The part that brings me down is the stubbornness....

When and if we get healthy I think we can compete with anybody... but Morey and MDA (and to a lesser extent Harden) are just so set in their ways that they wont make necessary adjustments...

Morey decides to continue to play hard ball with a g leaguer rather than just taking the short term benefit of converting him... doesnt sound like an 'all in' move to me - all in would mean do what you can to help the team now and not be so wrapped about some perceived long term benefit...

MDA and Harden need to risk losing some games to develop guys... It's like the last D12 year where we froze out Dwight and loaded everything on Harden - and then got bounced in the first round... 1 guy cant carry you through the playoffs... you gotta develop and utilize your roster - period... Whether its Harden or PJ or whoever, it does no good to win games if you run them into the ground in the process... if your team isnt good enough to spread the ball around in the regular season, then it aint gonna be good enough to do so in the post season - so its a fools errand regardless...

We sold our soul to the 3 ball... if it's falling - great! If its not - we're dead - because we wont make adjustments within a game... we're just going to 'play our game' and try to chuck 50+ 3's a night... If you have a lesser team and dont have the MVP than the high risk high reward philosophy is fine - wth... but if you are a good team then you need to diversify and be open to as many beneficial possibilities (mid range/somebody who can score in the post) that are afforded you...

and regarding MDA - despite never winning a championship - he thinks he knows better than anyone else. The year of the great meltdown against SAS he was defending his short rotation right up to game 6 (with Harden defending LMA/Pau while Trez was glued to the bench) - saying that people that questioned his short rotation 'didnt know what they were talking about...' - then the meltdown happened...

MDA and the organization is general are stubborn and refuse to learn from previous mistakes... smh...

#18 kjayp, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    deb4rockets, smp, BasketMAD and 3 others like this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@kjayp

Agree with most . But I blame tilman for the House situation, not Morey .

I think if Morey had true freedom he would have already used some MLE to lock up house long term

Richie_Rich and kjayp like this.
  20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I think when he decided to only play a 7 man rotation.. that means you only have 2 players off the bench.. in the grueling grind of the playoffs.. while rarely calling timeouts and never really calling them when they are actually needed indicated to a lot of sensible people why Dantoni teams are unlikely to ever win a championship.

Dantoni is a hundred times better than Mchale, but that is literally not saying anything at all considering Milk Hair is about the worst coach I've ever seen in the professional game.

#20 Realjad, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    CometsWin and snowconeman22 like this.