1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris signs with OKC.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 14, 2019.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

definitely

HP3 likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Lol I am! Not the Walter “CALMER THAN YOU ARE” variety, more like the Dude abiding.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I thought the reason we had Harden is because they wouldn’t pay him?

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Lololololol. #Luxary Tax savings era.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is a pretty big red flag

Dacamel likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Presti steals yet another one of Morey's target.

[​IMG]

ryano2009 and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

This is such a horseh!t take. Morey has NEVER not been ultra aggressive in acquiring players. Not once in all his years has that been his MO. To think that one year removed from the closest this team has gotten to the finals in 20 yrs is the year that he decides to mail it in goes against all logic.

This is ownership driven all the way. And guess what? The owner is his boss. I’m not going to rake Tillman over the coals entirely bc whether good or bad he shelled out mega bucks for CP3 and Capela so the notion that he’s been a cheapskate is totally i warranted, but those moves have absolutely handcuffed this team. Particularly bc CP3 has been a shell of the player he was last yr. Granted if you want to blame Morey for going after CP3 to begin with or essentially promising him if he accepted a trade here we’d throw him the max than that’s fair criticism. But that trade got us ((((this)))) close to a title last year.

It’s just a **** situation all the way around. If CP3 can find his form again and Capela comes back playing at the level he was playing at before he got hurt I still think this team can be dangerous. But more than anything I just can’t see CP3 being that player anymore and that will almost certainly doom us.

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly what I was thinking. People need to take off the homer glasses and realize the way the Rockets play aren’t appealing to other players. Ariza said as much last year he didn’t like the offense and Gordon has also complained about it in the past.

As great as the streak is for Harden and it’s historic significance, doesn’t seem like players want to stand around and watch him shoot 20+ threes on his own. Couple that with the Rockets being only a middle of the pack team this year, it’s not a good look or attractive.

smp and jacoby like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I will accept that.

If the Rockets were a 1, 2 or 3 seed in the West and without injuries.....we would go all out and exercising well into the
    luxury tax and doodling with how many years will be 3 out of 4 years above the luxury tax past, current & future.
    But the injuries and player fit (MCW/Ennis/Melo) forced the Rockets to slow their roll and delay a year.

The Rockets are in better situation than the Thunder in my opinion. Our window closes in two to three years from
    now on our projected path. Thunder get thrashed financially this year and next......unless they trade some ASSETS (people).

Rockets get criticized for using players as assets.....tradable assests. Other teams just do the right thing.
    Thunder can give the perception as being cool with it....but I know the are sweating and nervous deep within.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

We will have our pick of the free agents & buyout candidates. :D

(Season you had uniquely position you this summer?) Daryl: Given the great organization we have, our winning, the stories around the league about our players, locker room & coaches, we'll have the pick of the free agents out there, high end or the Gerald Green/Mbah a Moute's. We feel we are well positioned to win the free agency battle to get over that last hump.

slothy420, Zboy and Gray_Jay like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Funny to look back at all the bullshit spewed at that press conference. :D

[​IMG]

Talking to the players, it's all about how we'll battle this back & not have this feeling again and get all the way next year.

(Budget projections if you keep your free agents? $200-$240M?) Daryl: We'll have an expensive team. Tilman for sure has signed up for that. Mike: Go eat at Landry's. That'll help.

Ha ha ha! Still a bunch of brick layers.

Like Michael Carter-Williams, Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss, Carmelo Anthony & James Ennis?

[​IMG]

#251 J.R., Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Robin Lopez maybe?;)

In COD we trust

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Like people really forget that we were one win away from the Finals last season.

People really forget that Morey put a team together of Tmac-Yao-Artest...and that team, minus Tmac...whooped on the Lakers (eventual WC that year) until Yao broke his foot.

This hasn't been the best of years for Morey but the Rockets are still fighting for home court advantage. If CP3 returns to form I truly believe we're better than the Thunder and Markieff Morris isn't changing that.

This is all on CP3 really and the health of our players. People are also forgetting that we've had major health issues this year, guys constantly going in and out, and the only constant all season long has been Harden dominating.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey is that guy who hypes up a party and has u looking forward to it, and it ends up being lame AF

I’m sure Morey was playing “chess” this summer as he was signing multiple scrubs

ryano2009 and T for 3 like this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You can tell his legs are already heavy. Smh. I want to blame Diantoni. But what options does he have? Gary Clark or Hartenstein? I guess an argument could be made that one of those guys should be getting significant minutes. If for nothing else, the sake of tucker.

slothy420 and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Name starts with C... so

It Checks out!!

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[delete]

#258 napalm06, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'm surprised he didn't go to Boston. Not as surprised he didn't want to come here. Our squad just doesn't get love. Only players picking this team are desperate for a contract. Need to go back to the GLeague and hope to find more players like Covington and Hardaway Jr, or go back to Russia ... Do something. On the cool everywhere you go it's like this negative energy towards Harden and Rocket fans and it seems to have permeated all the way to the players.

Money is all throwed off so you can't really do much. Harden is just going to have to try and keep carrying dead weight and hope Capela can reinvigorate the team. Pringles has been bullshitting too with some of his cute lineups and slow managerial reaction. Looks bleak but we have the best player in the world - that alone gives me some hope.

20. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Bert Steele was wrong? What the hell?!?!

T for 3 likes this.