1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OK so what was the point of the Iman Shumpert trade again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stepback3GOOD, Feb 11, 2019.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

weakness- bad three point shooter/bad dribbler/has ZERO court vision/cant make a pull up jumpshot/doesnt take pressure off harden
    strengths- he has his own thread on clutchfans

ak99999 likes this.
  2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Agree with everything said. He is what he is, and its mediocre at best. Yeah, he can play a little defense like Corey Brewer, but his offense stinks. What the hell was Morey thinking? Oh, right, add another guy to the roster that can’t shoot at 3 when the entire offense is based on 3-point shooting. Brilliant, just brilliant!

House was not only hitting 3’s but he’s a big 6’8” kid that can rebound and play a little defense. I still can’t understand why we didn’t sign him. And I’m pissed that Morey have up yet another draft pick. Screw Morey!!!

3. astros123

astros123 Member

we didnt sign him because we didnt want to spend the money. i dont understand what people keep asking why we didnt sign him. its pretty fkin simple man.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Just a flat out unnecessary trade

We didn’t need this guy at all

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, Rivers was red hot in his first few games, and then showed his color what he really was. Let's hope that Shumpert is the opposite. :D

Seriously, Shumpert is not trash. He's a good defender. But he is not very talented on offense. If you expect anything more than that, you will be disappointed.

6. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Rivers was fin. He just hurt his shooting hand.. nothing major

rivers gave us a spark in a game againist the thunder with no practice time what iman has yet to give us since the trade deadline

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

F****** f*** you Morey. House is so much better than Iman and had so much energy and wanted to play. What a waste getting Iman.

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Besides the salary dump, what good did Ennis do? I think with Shumpert Rockets get slightly better on perimeter defense but overall makes no difference in terms of game improvement. I just wish Rockets & House get into some type of agreement. Rockets could seriously use him since Tucker has been playing bad recently. House sitting out makes him less valuable.

9. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Trading away a player was one thing but giving up next years draft pick pisses me off to no end. Just look at the rookie guarding Harden tonight and tell me you wouldn't rather have a young up n coming player like that over Shumpert. Morey is a joke!

ak99999 and pippendagimp like this.
  10. JamesC

JamesC Member

I sure hope it’s the opposite because when he’s on the court it looks like the Rockets are playing 4 on 5.

ak99999 and Easy like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im someone that wanted shump flipped for mirotic, but in fairness to him, his offense would be a little better if we didnt ISO so much. james is out of control with all these ISO 3 pointers. its truly ridiculous now. we have got to get some more ball movement and motion back into this offense.

ak99999 likes this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Meanwhile Pascal Siakam scored 44 points tonight. Guess where he was picked - 27th. Maybe Tilcheap and Morey should stop giving away late 1st rounders and instead scout and find talent like the last time they picked in the late 1st (Capela)

SkareKrow and pippendagimp like this.
  13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ariza>prince>house>ennis>shumpert garabage. Why our players are short? How to play defence?

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's not on Shumpert. No other team in the league has the delusion that you can plug n play new players all season and they will just function to their career average instantly. If that happens you're lucky. You're not OWED that from anyone. I'm sure in 5-10 games or so and especially after we have some interior defensive presence, Shumpert will be what we got him for: barely respectable on offense, very good defense.

Everyone we signed in the summer was a minimum player and we got rid of all of them. Then we had 2 mid season signings. Then we had mid season call ups. Then we had a trade deadline acquisition. We had major injuries. Eric Gordon and Chris Paul are hit and miss even when they're playing. The front office wants everyone to wait till April before they unveil the team.

Of course. Of course we will be inconsistent and stumble through the Western conference. Of course we will have injuries if we're the oldest team in the league. That was always a given the moment the front office embarked on this strategy. All we can really cheer for this season is whether the team entering the playoffs - healthy or not - is capable of winning all its series without homecourt advantage after the first (maybe second) round.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i didn't think he'd be a great shooter as a rocket. but 4-17, oh my

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is going to take some time for Shumpert to get locked in on the switching defensive system. But he will get it.

Until then though, he needs to hit a few more 3pt shots.

ak99999 likes this.
  17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I admit gettin Iman wasnt the best basketball move...but he was brought here in a trade to get under the cap... which did good on.

Its not like we still cant get house back.

I fully expect House to be in the playoff rotation when he is converted or signs the deal.

House is just better than iman...and anyone else that will be on the bench not named Gordon.

18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Signing House to a multi year deal is the only way I would feel better about giving up another 1st round pick. Shump sucks and always has.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

My co-worker told me Iman is the worst defender one year ago for player who plays more than 100 minutes per season.

Tobias Harris fits perfectly. Clippers demand only 2 Firsts.

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Update after 3 games, looks like he is continuing the trend of being a great defensive presence, but he hurts our offense more than he helps our defense.

[​IMG]

napalm06 likes this.