1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] First Take James Harden or Russell Westbrook, who has the more impressive streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, Feb 12, 2019.

1. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Max backs Jalen into a corner at 6:03 after he claims earlier in video that "anybody could do what Harden is doing with those shots in that system" on his current run LMAO

#1 cbs1507, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody was even aware of WB's run up till now, that is how irrelevant it was.

The only thing he has going for himself is WB is a more persistent rebounder, rebound stealer.

bro2044, DreamShook, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  3. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

If everyone is capable of doing it, then why haven't they already broken the record that Harden is close to matching and exceeding ?

ribbit, Patience, split41 and 7 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

For real, who cares about Westbrook is doing? His little 20 point triple doubles don’t impress me. Harden has made those obsolete. If your triple double isn’t coming with at least 40 points, then I don’t want to hear about it. Tbh, Harden has made 40 point triple doubles not all that amazing anymore either. Talk to me when your triple double comes with at least 50 points.

5. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I sometimes want off this planet after listening to these fools.

6. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Haters gonna hate. I do agree, OKC playing very good basketball right now but Will "Douche" Cain is making it seem like Houston is a fringe 8th seed at best. No doubt we are not as good as we were last year at this time in the season. We are technically tied for the 4 seed and only 4 games behind OKC with 26 games left.
    All that being said, we wipe OKC in the playoffs if we are healthy and acquire a solid buyout player(S) who can contribute!

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This is your answer

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you know the rockets are coming off a win, when the board has to post espn takes the day after, instead of seeing new kneejerk threads about who sucks and who should be fired

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm sorry, this debate is a freaking joke. People see triple doubles and their brains turn to mush.

Recap of their numbers over their respective streaks:

Code:
                Games  MPG    PPG     RPG     APG     SPG   TPG    TS%     GmSc    +/-
    Harden      30     38.4   41.5    7.7     7.5     2.3   5.1    63%     31.3    +5.5
    Westbrook   10     36.1   19.7    13.2    13.8    1.5   5.0    48%     19.3    +4.1

Harden's numbers are far superior, and his On Court per game +/- is even higher. Oh, and that's for 30 games -- carrying a team without another all-star, while Westbrook is playing 10 games next to a top-3 MVP candidate.

Anyone who thinks Westbrook's streak is more impressive needs to get his head examined.

10. macan

macan Member

Max Kellerman will never leave us, his love is real

topfive likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would like consistency, therefore, I would hope the media starts singing at the top of their lungs that WB has a case for MVP.

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

There are 4 NBA players who have gotten, or come close to a 10 game triple double. Props to Westbrook for breaking the record, but to say it's a 'harder' achievement when 3 other NBA players have come fairly close to doing it is a stupid statement when you look at what Harden has done and its literally only him and Wilt Chamberlain.

BTW Kobe didn't get anywhere close to 30 games when he got unlimited shots in the Dantoni system. Just sayin'.. Jalen can't get away with saying 'anyone' when one of the all time great scorers couldn't in a very similar system headed by the exact same coach.

#12 Realjad, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    jayydela likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

yeah lets just forget that harden is averaging CLOSE TO A TRIPLE DOUBLE HIMSELF.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Westbrook never cheats the fans? The guy stat pads like it's the only thing he was born to do. Hooray, numbers...championships? 0. It's going to stay that way too.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m really trying to figure out why anyone would be impressed with what Westbrook is doing.

Rebounding? His teammates just let him grab them. Steven Adams only gets 5 defensive rebounds a game while averaging 34 minutes. The reason why is because he does all the hard work boxing out so that Russ can swoop in for the uncontested rebound and pad his totals.

Scoring? The dude is having 1 of the least efficient high volume scoring seasons in NBA history. So many of his 15-20 point triple doubles come on like 5-19 shooting.

Assists? He gets a lot of assists, but it’s not like he’s out here handing out beautiful dimes. His passes are basic and a result of drawing help and then kicking it out or dumping it off to a big. Is he a top 5 passer in this game? Hell no.

Meanwhile Harden has dropped at least 30 in 30 straight games. The man is averaging over 40 ppg since December 13th. He’s obliterated the defenses of Utah, GS, OKC, Milwaukee, and others. He’s carried an injured team filled with role players and scrubs to a tie for the 4th seed after starting the year 11-14. This “debate” is an insult to Harden’s greatness. What’s better, a burger made from the world’s finest chef, or a fckin Big Mac? The media needs to gtfoh with this one.

Rustyrig, joshuaao, IvanLCPM and 2 others like this.
  17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No way dude, Westbrook is amazingingingigngingingingng, he's the people's superstar or some ****. :rolleyes:

s3ts likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

:eek:

19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

All his stats tell me is that he initiates the offense and PG13 finishes.

Harden's stats tell me he does both when he's on the court.

The conversation is getting so nuanced that the talkheads can't keep up. If they want to talk about Harden's vs. Russ' accomplishment, it should naturally boil down to PG13's vs. CP3's roles when on-court with their co-star.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Damn, they dogged Harden on the choke label.

I hope James packed some senzu beans for playoffs! And don't let Chris hog it all up!

#ScrubBenchNation
    #RunLuxTaxBack

DreamShook and SemisolidSnake like this.