1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

" James Harden Is Better Than KD and Lebron. Period!" -Rob

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

this Rob dude knows what's up

Dgn1, hakeem94, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Loud and bold verbal sauces spilled all over the place.

[​IMG]

4. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

But he had to bring up Harden doesn't play defense...that narrative is so outdated

Riz, bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he folded under the pressure in the room

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

i love that Rob Parker isn't afraid to just jump at his real feelings.

everyone is hesitant to give Harden the nod on anything, it's just stupid. all kinds of bias.

7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I’m surprised Chris didn’t say “I have sources telling me that KD and LBJ are better than Harden”

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL

"Stats lie" - after Rob gives the season averages of Westbrook.

But they didn't when Westbrook averaged a triple double to win the MVP?

This whole narrative swap when Westrbook puts up stats because he has no help almost always, somehow, comes back to hurt James Harden when he has to do the same.

s3ts and joshuaao like this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Westbrook. 10 straight double double -impressive? Not.

So what he did was get those extra 2-3 rebounds in the game. Impressive?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rob Parker is an idiot. Cheer him now if you must, but prepare to boo him soon when he says something stupid.

BaselineFade, Mathloom and Louka like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rob Parker is dumb as hell...don’t fall for him

ryano2009, adw and red5rocket like this.
  12. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

A Westbrook triple double = manufactured.

Bearded13 likes this.
  13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Regarding the debate

Props to Westbrook for having the record & getting the top spot, but in all there are 4 NBA players that were competing quiet closely-- Oscar Robinson, Michael Jordon, Westbrick, Wilt.

On the othehand, what James Harden is doing.. him and Wilt are in a league of their own

TO ME that makes what Hardens doing more impressive.

I also want to add that when it comes to triple doubles.. James Harden is the only player in history with a 60+point triple double.

D-rock likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think OKC can get exposed in the playoffs, when Westbrook can't improve his shot, focus the defense more on Paul George, and make Westbrook shoot more. High Point Guard IQ in the playoffs is a must.

15. hakeemthagreat

What exactly does Lebron do better than Harden? Harden's a far better offensive player & he's also a better defender. KD is better than both, but Harden's close second

16. SemisolidSnake

So boring. It's not like part of those 11 points last night was Harden straight up stealing the ball from someone and creating his own fast break or anything.

---

I was just at lunch and awful Colin Cowherd was on as he always is in sports bars during lunchtime. And there was literally a headline which said "Is Paul George's MVP season being overshadowed?" with reference to Westbrook's ten triple-doubles.

And I said, "Yeah, by James Harden."

...to paraphrase what Paul George himself said a few days ago.

The next headline was, I kid you not, "Should Harden focus less on stats like Lebron and the Warriors?" And I got to gleefully explain to my friend how Lebron has pissed off his entire team by trying to trade them.

TL;DR: The sports media is awful, and they should have to do their shows shackled up in the stocks.

hieuytran likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Like Westbrook does? :confused:

D-rock and hieuytran like this.
  18. rocketseagles07

Lol y’all do know this has more to do with his hate for Lebron than anything else.

Until Lebron can’t do what he’s been doing in the playoffs I don’t see how he isn’t the best but I’m glad someone sticking up for beard with all the hate he receives

19. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Two National Media walk into a bar...

Media Conspiracy 1: Harden doesn't play defense. So how is he top 3 in steals? The only logical explanation is that he gives the ball to his defender who is shocked and frozen by this kind gesture than he snatches it back with a pompous smirk while the opponent is still frozen in place. This may also explain is the turnover rate.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/steals/sort/avgSteals/year/2019/seasontype/2

Media Conspiracy 2: Yeah, that makes total sense. Have you seen his deflections ratings, it's total bogus! I mean, the only reason he's #1 in deflection per game (3.9), #3 in deflection per 36, and #1 in total deflection this season (208), is because he aimlessly swings his arms around hoping to touch the ball and because he's the "star" player, refs don't call foul on him.

https://stats.nba.com/players/hustle-leaders/

Media Conspiracy 1: Stats...pffft. Harden doesn't play defense, it's so obvious.

Media Conspiracy 2: Conspiracy? :eek:

D-rock likes this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Y'all don't need to pull Westbrook down to elevate Harden. It's not like 10 triple-doubles in a row is an easy feat.