1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George (WATCH)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ClearLakeTX, Jan 29, 2019.

1. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

MVP chants on the road in Orlando tonight.

Westbrook has taken the back seat. (Never thought that could happen) PG gets his shots now.

Playing Defense at a very high level.

#3 in the west
    45% FG
    40% from 3

Keeping an eye on this.

2. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

KEEP AN EYE ON THIS.... as I stated 2 weeks ago.

Long season after all star break

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is deeply saddening to see OKC is better than us this season. I hate that damn team. PG is legit though.

Elephant810, Invisible Fan and saleem like this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

They sure as hell don't want to give it to Harden again so i wouldn't be surprised.

snowconeman22 and ramotadab like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They are on the right track and we aren't. That makes me sad. I'm very disappointed at this, but I don't hate them. I do hate to see our beloved Houston Rockets to lose to them. PG has transformed into a superstar.

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who knew Westbrook would have been the key factor to unlock PG's potential?

I wonder that, if PG went to the Lakers, if LeBron could have made George look as good as he does now.

chadyang and saleem like this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

But how are they better? Houston has been decimated by injuries.

Houston was just up on them by 26 points and blew it due to lack of rebounding which is solved once Capela is back.

They aren't better than Houston.

Elephant810, Quinncy and Game7 like this.
  8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Going to be hard for PG to have any chance at MVP with Westbrook averaging a triple double.

chadyang likes this.
  9. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Narratives suck all around. PG13 MVP narrative hasn't even broached the topic about his road to recovery from breaking his leg in 2 to the tear that he's been on this season.

Beard got his fair share of MVP discussion pre-All Star break but somehow his accomplishments are minimized by their praise of Russ' 10-straight tripdubs (see YT headline for today's Get Up! episode: Westbrook's triple doubles are more impressive than Harden's 30-point games). PG13's MVP candidacy has unfortunately come with the Harden's accomplishments being diminished at the expense of the former's star teammate's accomplishments. For the record, I think PG13 is a worthy MVP if he wins it.

What's annoyed me about the coverage from last night's win is that Harden had to come in to prevent a comeback from happening that the team just experienced by OKC and Pels in one week. Instead, he's being regarded as a stat chaser because he came in with a "big" 10-11 pt lead.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is OKC really better than us?

Harden and a bunch of role players beat them on Christmas. This past game, we were up by 26 at 1 point without Capela. Russ will always play dumb.

Game7 likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We could have and should have had PG if not for that bum Ryan Anderson who no one wanted to touch including the Pacers.

Harden + PG + CP = Championship last season and more to come.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can't hate it. PG has been the best player in the League the last two weeks.

Just have to wait for Russ to **** it up. Harden ain't winning MVP if we don't pass the Thunder in the standings.

#12 REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  13. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Completely agreed. Folks on this Board on some self-pity, woe-is-me, feigned resignation ish. Knock it off! Nobody cares about your sadness, real or imagined. This is the NBA.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s playing elite

saleem likes this.
  15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I think in a playoff series, it would be a toss up, assuming both teams are healthy. PG is officially a superstar. He’s has replaced Kahwi as the best two way player...

I believe that OKC is the only other team besides the Rockets that can beat the Warriors. Especially if Roberson can come back healthy...

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

He is definitely in the conversation.