1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Lin to be bought out by Hawks, sign with Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Not true. Lin as a backup combo guard, is solid. Lowry's been in a shooting slump forever....VanVleet is not better than Lin, but still young and growing

2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Agreed.

3. yoeddy

Toronto beat writer has Lin backing up Green at SG.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Raptors traded Delon Wright, who was a part of their regular guard rotation, in the Marc Gasol trade. They can use another guard with or without Van Vleet.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I never mentioned anything about him having low basketball IQ. He's just a below average player that has played on below average teams.

And my point was that you are in fact a LOF. This thread alone proves that point for how wholeheartedly you've been advocating on his behalf.

Again, don't you guys have a Raptors page to trample now?

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck

FLASH21 likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Only Jeremy Lin can command 5 pages in the Dish in less than 4 hours.

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toronto garm is gonna love the lofs

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but didn't delusional LOFs hate Walker and Harden?

tinman likes this.
  10. yoeddy

Ok, sorry...it wasn't you. But then you need to be more careful about the conversation you are jumping into. I posted about D'Antoni, Clifford, Atkinson and Pierce specifically in response to someone who said Lin had a low BBIQ. Then you questioned why those coaches "let Lin go", so you changed the subject of the discussion...

And no, I am not a LOF. I am an NBA fan and a Nets fan as I have stated many times over the years on this board. I've been a Nets fan since the late 1980s all the way back when Mookie Blaylock and Sam Bowie were the anchors and have endured the likes of Derrick Woop-De-Dam-Do Coleman, Chris Morris, Stephon Marbury and the tragic death of Drazen Petrovic. I am not "advocating on his behalf"...I am trying to discuss Lin and his future with the Toronto Raptors.

And I will certainly check out the Raptors' forums. Honestly, I have been enjoying SBNation for my Nets discussions, and that's where I've been discussing the Hawks, so I will likely check out the Raptors there. I'm on this forum because it is one of the more active forums in discussing Lin that isn't filled with a bunch of Lin-only fans.

11. yoeddy

He is certainly popular around here!

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. yoeddy

Yes, delusional LOFs hated Walker and Harden. But rational basketball fans who are also Lin fans were fine with Walker (he was a legit starting PG and Lin signed up to be his backup) and Harden (deserved to be the focus on the Rockets and Lin was a poor fit style-wise). I am actually a big fan of Kemba Walker...love the way he plays.

13. hakeemthagreat

Wait what? He's had plenty opportunities to prove his worth. He's no different than any other journeyman like Patrick Beverly. The problem is he's not a smart basketball player. He came here & was outplayed by Beverly who eventually took his starting position. The main knock on Lin is he makes dumb plays that cost you games & even playoff series (see Portland).

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

35 minutes?

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

What would happen to Lin threads on Clutchfans if you went over to the Toronto Forum for the whole year?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin fans think he's God

There's the problem there

17. yoeddy

Patrick Beverley played for 5 consecutive years for the Rockets...yes, there was a coaching change and some of the players around him changed, but for the most part he was in a stable environment for those years. And...Beverley had a skillset that was a better fit to play next to Harden...if you want to call that "outplayed", then that's fine...but Lin was clearly the better playmaker and overall PG between the two of them.

The main knock on Lin in Houston was as you said...he made dumb mistakes. But as a young player, he was hardly the only player to make mistakes. Beverley made plenty of mistakes too. But Beverley had stability in his first 5 years in the league...something Lin (and many other NBA players) did not have at all.

18. yoeddy

He averaged 10ppg in Atlanta in 19mpg.

19. yoeddy

I don't believe in God.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

The LOF are reading from a script

when Team fan says A about Lin
    Then you say Lin=Good