1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets ever contend during the remainder of the Harden Era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Harden is too good to not win at least one ring.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You know I said it last summer that as much as I liked EG, moving him might be the best way to remake some of the supporting cast. Not sure if he'll have as much value this offseason, but it might still be one of the most likely avenues.

Still a shot this year, and still a COUPLE decent role players who could be signed but more than likely Morey needs another offseason to re-tool around the big 3. Hard thing to do in February after the trade deadline. Adding back House & signing a HEALTHY Kieff could be it. COULD be, but we'll see. I'm still a little salty about the trade deadline cash grab obviously. Nothing ticks me off more than doing that AND wasting draft picks for nothing in return but cash for the owners pocket.

chadyang and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe wait until after we see the results of the playoffs, then wait until next offseason, then repeat before starting a thread this pointless.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Healthy, we're a contender now, as heypartner already pointed out (beat me to it). The world has not ended, and the stars at night are still big and bright, last time I looked.

(that's if you're 25-30 miles west of Austin, of course!)

#24 Deckard, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    CCity Zero likes this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Once Capela comes back, the Rockets are going to once again find themselves as GSW's biggest challenge.

The last 4 games, the Rockets at 3-1 and have been up 20+ against their opponents at one point in each game.

They are starting to come around.

6. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

He's right when he says 'get a grip' though. Not sure you fully understand the situation.

A lot of yall forget we'd already have a championship trophy if it weren't for shitty reffing... this is the first time I've openly blamed the refs on CF. They earned it.

7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Will the ever be a poll?

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Let's wait and see how playoffs go... And also see if GSWs break up some if we get unfavorable results... I mean I think that's the best hope for all teams, outside of the Rockets having a shot with CP3 and Capela healthy no one else can beat the Dubs (unfortunately). So rest up for the playoffs because the Rockets are the NBAs only hope.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No one will let go of this but I contend it is a wrong position. The Anderson contract cost them nothing until they decided to burn the Knight contract for no value.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What is contention? I still think we can make the conference finals so I would say we are contenders

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

People forget Anderson was huge part of the 5 or 6th best team in Rockets history before he fell of a cliff... that first year of him and Gordon is the reason why CP3 wanted to come here. Without him that season we could have easily been a .500 team.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

You guys just keep thinking the warriors are the only competition. There are multiple teams more talented than the rockets and that isn’t going to change next year. Cp3 will continue to decline and be an injury risk. If we cannot get a legit star next to James, I’m sorry but the rockets are not title contenders. You guys are huffing paint if you think James and role players are going to win 4 seven game series vs all these stacked teams. If we can’t get higher than 6 seed, even getting out of the first round will be tough.

RichieBanks likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

In a round about way we are saying the same thing.

saleem likes this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

We'll never know unless Paul admits it, but I'd be willing to bet that Anderson was not a big factor in his decision to come to Houston.

15. TheSource

TheSource Member

Well if we look how we did in the first half against thunder and we do that in the playoffs I say we have a pretty good shot contending this year

16. dmoneybangbang

Christ.... this thread is inhabited by a bunch of budding teenagers...

17. macan

macan Member

come on man, we still have at least 2 more years of Harden's prime. trade Harden for whom?? statistically he's the best player in the NBA right now.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's a tough question to answer. I have thought about it. Harden can't go on like this. I would offer Tucker, Gordon and the lottery protected 2021 first rounder plus Clark for Jimmy Butler, if Philly is knocked out in the 2nd round first. I would be willing to move Capela and Gordon plus two protected first picks for Kemba on a long term deal too. Blowing it up, while trying to retain Capela would be a last ditch move.

If Chris finishes strong, his trade value might go up, along with a 1st rounder. DM might be able to get back good role players on shorter contracts. Harden's trade value will remain high, but I doubt if DM can get Giannis for him. I would absolutely hate to see James Harden traded from our Houston Rockets. Chris deserves to win a NBA Championship in Houston too.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

This is the best post for the year. It reflects 100% reality.

To this forum, you've got to be 70% reality and 30% fantasy.

When my thread reflects 100% reality, they are not happy. I am clearly a Big Bum, they called me Big Ass.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You were all over the place and still are.

You're basically saying, 'We can do it, but probably not. Things look bad because they are, but I'm willing to accept miracles.'

You're on some fence. Get down on the side of the Rockets and cheer them on or go the other way. Playing the fence doesn't make you a fan. Buy in or cash in your fandom.