1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kelly Iko for The Athletic] New piece on Markieff Morris and Danuel House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LilUziSquirt, Feb 11, 2019.

1. LilUziSquirt

LilUziSquirt Member

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

3. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Kelly basing his article off an Eddie Cecco post

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing all that new. The Rockets like Markieff a lot. Kieff and his brother both attend Hardens charity events each year and they are close.

He showed how the Rockets can sign Kieff if he is willing to wait as well as House later in the season and remain under the tax line.Others have already illustrated this in other threads.

He mentioned Avery Bradley as a potential buyout candidate.

Mentioned Morey’s comments to the press about having more flexibility and how they are having several conversations with different players whose names he of course can’t mention.

I didn’t read anything that hasn’t been mentioned already here. It’s worth a read as a Rockets fan but don’t get your hopes up for any breaking news.

bilaal14, s3ts, carib and 35 others like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You just hit a baseline fadeway! Nice!:)

6. KellyUnchained

“Don’t get your hopes up for any breaking news” is the problem with today’s age. I can’t write a Monday morning column without someone trying to ruin it for others, cause it doesn’t have the words “BREAKING” in it?

7. Nook

Nook Member

There is nothing wrong with the article, it is relevant to the current situation, it points out how the Rockets can maneuver to get players added to the roster and be under the tax and it points out connections between Morris and the Rockets.

Not every article can be "breaking news".

8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Chemistry will be big issue if we add Kieff and House that late in the season.

arabrocket, anchel and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

How so?

You don't think Harden and Paul will be happy to add another quality player to the team?

You don't think Tucker will be glad he has someone else that can play the 4 and score, so he doesn't have to play 40 minutes and feel pressure to score?

You don't think that Shumpert is going to be relieved that there is another player that can properly switch (Morris)?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More interested in Kieff than House right now.

roslolian likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

**** Chemistry. How much worse could this team get?

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Every time I see a post like this I have to look at the standings and see where the Rockets are in the division standings. I keep thinking I must have missed some huge losing streak that dropped them down.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not as much as you might think, in my opinion. House knows our system backwards and forwards. If Kieff shows up as well and he's friends with James, he likely has a grasp of how we operate. Faried and Rivers fit in quickly. We have a fairly easy system to grasp for a smart vet, thanks to Paul and Harden, in my humble opinion.

Of course, I would prefer both sooner rather than later, if they're coming.

D-rock, 34to11 and sushimaster like this.
  14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

The earlier we bring in Kieff, the longer we have to wait to bring in House. Fun balancing act....

Kieff happens to be injured right now so no point in worrying about it. We can talk about bringing him in and developing chemistry when he gets right.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Look at LMAM last year playoff. I know he wasn't 100% and can't make layup. He even missed on defensive assignment. You need playing time on the court with your teammates. We can't make too much mistakes in playoff.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[BREAKING] Blame it on TMZ

fwiw: Under his 2-way, we can call up House on March 24th (end of GLeague season). Signing to a new contract, or converting him, can allow him to play earlier, but late March is worse-case call-up date, regardless. I'm not worried about House fitting back in.

Kief is injured, so he's partly waiting because of that. We'll either sign him as soon as possible, or never. House can start playing again on March 24th (worse case) and be made playoff eligible on last day, if needed.

Kim, Richie_Rich, roslolian and 4 others like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A good chunk to most people on cf appreciate good rockets articles. Adding BREAKING only works for the short term. Not sure if you want your name tagged with that.

You've might've seen the Murray and harden hate when they fall short of everyone's high expectations of instant gratification. Don't let that get to you.

Good writing is noticed on here, but unfortunately good writing isn't the only factor to thrive in your business.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm looking at the standing too and if we end up without HC for the entire playoffs we're ****ed.

This isn't the 95 Rockets.

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It’s a great article. You are one of the reasons why I subscribed to the Athletic. Very quality content daily. I meant no offense.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

;

Quit complaining and break some news! Preferably good news unlike the cost cutting **** news that Woj and Shams break! Make

roslolian, J.R., cbs1507 and 2 others like this.