1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

If this trade doesn't go down before the deadline, it will be hilarious.
    I am loving watching the Lakers self implode.

ghettocheeze and malakas like this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

None of them were malcontents last year. But once their front office decided to sign a bunch of veterans to one year deals, and cut some of the young player’s minutes, things changed. Zubac was completely out of the rotation, Ball now had to fight Rondo for playing time, and Ingram was no longer always starting. Hart and Kuzma were the two that always got consistent minutes because they fit well next to LeBron.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep these are all very mediocre players... we would hardly even know their names if they werent on lakers

and nola already have a lot of such players on the roster

cp3 capela and 4 picks is a much better package

they are proven stars in this league
    cp3 and capela would be players with the rings and championship pedigree NOW were it not for the refs jobbing us in WCF

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

This.
    These players are no better than prospects on other teams.
    We just know their names because the media keeps mentioning them like they are stars.

They will disappear into mediocrity once they get to another team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi and ROXTXIA like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Do not trust Ainge. He is a scumbag.

Tell him to **** off.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Because......you can trust me." - Danny Ainge

Beat me to it.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  8. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Marteen likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

ZL: Lakers really out?

Lakers are losing hope that New Orleans will ever really engage them. Twice the Lakers have bid against themselves. New Orleans has given the Lakers no guidance. Message the Lakers have gotten is they don't want to do a deal with us. They went through this with the Pacers/George and Spurs/Kawhi.

ZL: Momentum going against a trade? Boston says they'll have monster offer on the table.

No question ownership/upper management is that they don't want to give in to a team in LA that he can't get to until 2020. Demps has not once picked up the phone and said give me these players, these amount of picks. He hasn't defined to them what the overwhelming offer is. I was told it needed to start at 4 (picks). They're at 2. I don't think they're going to 3 unless there's a negotiation here.

ZL: You said 3 picks. That seems like the landing spot where the Pelicans have a moment of truth. 3 picks feels like the landing spot where they have to have the moment of truth. That feels fair to me.

What awaits them is perhaps 3 picks from Boston that are better picks. Where these Laker picks land, they don't know. The feeling from New Orleans is whatever the Lakers offer now, it'll be there later. Lakers have pushed back on that.

ZL: If they got to 3 picks, that's a real offer. 3 future picks, you cannot predict what might happen in 6 years. That's a real offer. They'd have to have a serious conversation.

This is a proud community. Mickey Loomis is a football GM. Football has more power over players. The NBA is a player's league & that factors in. We're not gonna give in now & give you what you want now.

Boston cannot do the trade now because of Kyrie. Sense in Boston getting AD in a trade may be what is necessary to keeping Kyrie. We aren't just trading for Anthony Davis, we're doing it to get AD & Kyrie.

Dell Demps wants one player who has a chance to be an All-NBA player. There's a difference between all-star and All-NBA. Maybe Lonzo or Ingram make an all-star team. Tatum has all-NBA potential. If they think they can get Tatum, more reason for them to wait.

#549 J.R., Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Plowman, Sajan, malakas and 2 others like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I love it

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Love it when the snobs in LA get snubbed.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Sure, but realistically any team at .500 or higher will be bringing those guys off the bench (save Kuzma). The lot of them are, at best, sixth men, and more likely eighth/ninth guys who need to be able to perform with 10-15 mins a night of playing time. The Lakers problem was that when Lebron went down, the team tried to showcase the young guys, knowing full well it wouldnt give them the best chance to win, in hopes that it would build their trade value --- but the exact opposite happened. Even we were chasing KCP not long ago, but now I can only imagine have little interest. Same goes for others (especially Ingram) who have basically fallen off the last few weeks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Good on Pelicans for not giving into what Davis and GM Lebron wants.
    Maybe teams are not willing to help form another super team for Lebron.

Also hopefully this is the last year of the Warriors. It's been 5 long years.

Bids9 likes this.
  14. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

If I were the Pels I would never trade him to LA. They induced all of this. It would be different if they had a top pick or a near-allstar to offer, but they don't. All LA has is a bunch of guys who wouldn't be able to sniff the playoffs without LeBron. Granted the Pels haven't done themselves any favors, but LA brought this to a head much earlier.

Sajan likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Exactly.
    Two players that share the same agent instigated all this.
    Pelicans should ONLY think about what makers their team better moving forward, not give a fk about what Davis whats to do in 2021.

LA over here trying to throw garbage players and some picks hoping Pelicans fall for it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Can I get a **** the Lakers?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi and malakas like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's the Lakers, not the Rockets, that nobody is trying to help @DreamShook

DreamShook and Vivi like this.
  19. zeeshan2