1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

[Good thing you're not the GM] I would probably take this deal.

Lonzo Ball
    Kyle Kuzma
    Josh Hart
    Brandon Ingram
    Ivica Zubac
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    2 first round picks

for

Anthony Davis
    Solomon Hill

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

There is so much salt on ESPN and the mainstream sports media right now against the Pelicans for not taking this Lakers' final offer. All these Los Angeles-based radio jockeys like Cowherd are whining like b****es that New Orleans needs to cave in as if somehow the Lakers have Primae Noctis rights to every team's franchise player.

F*ck the Lakers.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I find it incredibly hard to believe that if the Lakers truly offered all of their talented young players and two first round picks for Davis that the deal would not be done now. This is simply the Lakers negotiating through their puppets in the media and painting the Pelicans as unreasonable.

However, for now, I applaud the Pelicans for not giving in to Davis, Rich Paul, and Klutch Sports.

Sajan likes this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

Sounds like your average fans. I’ve seen terrible trade suggestions on this board. Fans are inherently biased and sometimes it shows.

Sajan, CCity Zero and ghettocheeze like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The thing is...I'm pretty sure the Pels can get the same deal from the Lakers in the off season. They have no motivation to really get this done now, their season is done. If they were like 4th or 5th seed then yeah, I could see them rushing to make a deal to get Davis out of there so they can avoid the distraction and move on but...they can get this same deal in the offseason.

Lakers and bluff and pout about how they aren't going to offer a better deal but this is Anthony Davis here. Off season rolls around they'll be right there offering the same deal UNLESS another superstar asks to be traded then the Lakers can finally go to the Pels and say "Well, if you don't take the deal then _____ will."

As of now they don't have much leverage. Pels should wait until off season and hold a bidding war for him.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree with you, completely. I’ve been saying that it makes no sense for the Pelicans to rush into trading Davis before they find out what the Celtics might offer, who gets the #1 and #2 picks, etc. It’s only in the Lakers best interests to trade Davis now.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Vivi likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The worst thing that could have happened to the Lakers was Lebron going down. It showed to the entire league what the remaining guys listed here are made of - KCP had real value, but now hold little, if any. There are fears that Kuzma, the best player in the bunch, is basically as good as he's going to get (he may have some modest upside, but not much more). Meanwhile, Ingram, Ball, and the others have actively hurt their value on the court and shown they are nothing more than bench contributors. Hart will forever be a G League stud. Zubac might turn into something, but he's never going to be dominant, and a serviceable center combined with an average SF is hardly the haul you want to get for a veritable superstar.

I can understand why Jason Tatum, just on his own, is worth more than all of those players combined. Tatum has shown much more than Kuzma and led a team to the ECF without Irving. I think you either wait for that or wait for the draft and see who has a top-5 pick and might be willing to part with it + additional players for Davis. For example, lets say the Knicks get the #1 overall pick and they have a chance now to get Zion for AD - why wouldnt you do that? That, on its own, would be better than the entire haul the Lakers are promising here.

Sajan and DVauthrin like this.
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

I hope the lakers don’t get him and Lebron has to deal with a team that now hates him for the rest of the year

I hope they sit AD out to start showing superstars this **** isn’t happening. I understand informing a team the year their deal is ending to help the team get something in return if your heart really wants to go somewhere else but pulling this **** the season before is selfish

Sajan likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, with the way Rich Paul and Davis' camp clearly plotted this out with Magic/LeBron, they can all choke on it. What a shitty way to handle the entire situation. Magic's arrogance and Rich Paul's mafioso approach are so obnoxious.

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep.

And getting beat down by the Pacers WITH LeBron didn't help any at all.

It makes you wonder if Pelicans aren't viewing the Laker's package as a group of mediocre players, with a couple likely late round draft picks.

Also...if they are picking up a bunch of new players, they have some major roster adjusting to do, as they'll have too many players on their roster. How much better incrementally are the players they are getting compared to the ones they'd need to let go? And what would be the financial implications of letting them go.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Plus a number of them are malcontents and, assuming the reports are true, have had major run ins with Walton which I imagine would transfer over to the NO.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member